I feel like I'm way below my SR

I am currently Gold-Plat but feel like the other team consistently outperforms me. I seem to stay at the rank I’m at but generally feel when I win it’s because the team is carrying me. I want to play at a lower rank because every game I play I get frustrated that I get steamrolled and feel like I’m playing in games that I shouldn’t be in.

Theres always 1 or 2 guys on the other team that are just clearly so so much better and I hate it. I’ve even thought about intentionally losing games to lose rank because I can’t keep up but I can’t seem to lose SR by playing normally.

I know this is the opposite of most peoples problem but it really is frustrating.

What do I do? I feel like quitting as it’s just too frustrating to play.

3 Likes

You shouldn’t focus on carrying, you should focus on playing your part and not “overplaying” it.

If your fellow dps, healer, or tank is focused solely on the elims they aren’t playing right. Sadly, eliminations can carry you through the ranks, But the only way you will get to masters+ is to provide for your team correctly.

(I assume your playing dps) Don’t rush and be ambitious for elims. Try to protect, peel for your healers, and contest with enemy dps. That’s your main job, not to go running into the back line, trying to kill the enemy zenyatta. Look at the space around you and try to either peel or contest.

Even though you won’t notice you will do a lot more for your team by trying this, and you will more paid attention to in return. Constantly be healed, nano boosted/damage boosted while ulting. Your dva might matrix for you while your ulting, etc.

( And trust me when I say this…it is near impossible to sit in a higher rank you don’t belong in. so your probably in the right place anyway. )

1 Like

And for the people who you think are much better, they’ve likely been hard stuck and much more experienced/familiar in that current rank than you. That applies to every rank. ( Or :arrow_down:)

2 Likes

Those 2 people are called smurfs lol. They’re playing below where they belong.

3 Likes

very true. every member of a team has to enable someone somehow. and if you can enable others, as well as dominating in your role and in the match, they’ll look to you more.

1 Like

When you drop down you’ll feel like a smurf, I’d bet on that.

I typically play in the 1700-1800 area (now) and have an alt that I play in the 1300ish bracket - I feel like I’m attacking babies.

1 Like

The SR VS actual skill is fantastically accurate these days. When you drop low enough you’ll end up looking like a smurf. I bet you that

If it is the account you are posting on you have played 5, won 2 and lost 3. In that case you just need to play more.

Bro just wait till you see 2 masters tanks in a 4.2k match very fun

It’s because of team averages. The lower your SR, the more likely you will be the weak link. It’s slightly better than the other end of the spectrum, being expected to carry, imo.

No, you will then be expected to carry potatoes. And drop further. Law of averages.

1 Like