I feel a chat filter might help Overwatch

And it won’t just delete the message it will report the user as well. And if the user gets a ton of automatic reports then oh well

1 Like

I mean that sounds like a good idea and i myself would not care to much if it was done, but when you say ‘‘a slur or any sort of message that only exists to harm others’’, that means they will filter any type of cuss word because they are used for insults, but context should always be needed. Lets use the F word as an example, they might filter it because of the ways in can be used, but it won’t always be used in a harmful way, such as ‘‘That was a good game guys, you all were F-ing great in that game’’, and do you think a message like that where they complement people should get a ban? And if it is in, they would have an automated bot like for the report system, so i doubt it would let stuff like that slide.

Chat filters wont prevent toxicity. It’ll just prevent me from saying grapes.

I would just leave profanity up to the current filter we have now. It’s automatically on already and requires turning off to view them.

The f word won’t be banned. If you are saying words that exist to harm others, it will be filtered out

I have no objection to your idea, but I can tell you that people will just work around it.

Example:

“You are a jerk!”
your message was not sent because you said {jerk}, this message has been sent to Blizzard/Team 4 for further review

“You are a j3rk!”

2 Likes

If people find workarounds, blizzard can make sure the workaround is impossible to do

Yep. You add the workaround to the list. They’re not stupid enough to only put the correct spellings in such a list.

1 Like