I dont want to be a healthpack

I put out exactly 0 damage, but I don’t mind amplifying damage of someone else.

Not interested in doing anything with enemy team, sorry. Less I see them, the better.

Luckily, isn’t. Just more stupidity from developers to lure DPS to pick those roles, and then wonder, why tanks aren’t tanking and supports aren’t supporting. Because you made sure, that gun is more useful, than helping your team.

indeed how mercy is meant to be played. Another support to the idea that supports need to be dealing damage (which is why moira is not meta.)

This is half correct. We don’t want to front line, but having one or two enemies on screen is fine. If my team is all at full health, or 90%, im going to take a potshot. It gets me ultimate (which lets me support them better) and pressure the enemy, and then I can go heal.

The problem is I won’t say that you should quit overwatch, you can play as you want (and the ladder will put you suitably low enough to punish how you play) but you can’t really call the developers “stupid” for encouraging the correct way to play the game. Like, even in gold / plat nowadays people understand (to a limited degree) supports need to be offensive, and this understanding goes up as we climb the ladder. Then we get to collegiate, contenders, OWL where everyone is beginning to properly understand this.

You can’t outheal the damage in this game.

Overwatch is indeed complicated, supports have more than one job to do, as do tanks and DPS.
It’s a complicated game.

But you should. Otherwise whole healing loses any purpose.

We already encounter enough supports, who simply never heal at all, and I won’t blame them for “incorrectly playing” - they just optimised their kit and excluded subpar part, that isn’t achieving necessary results.

Goal was always achieve as much, as possible, with as little effort, as possible.

1 Like

Honestly it’s been a long time since I saw someone advocate for damage to be outhealed. Issue is this makes the game into total mayhem. Nobody dies, and we sit there for 50 minutes per fight until one support finally goofs up. Pressure is all on the supports, tanks and DPS can’t really have fun because you’re just outhealing everything they do. We just sit there until an ultimate comes, ult, repeat.

Indeed, 0 healing is wrong. So is healbotting. Theres a fine balance supports have to walk (like I said, complicated game.)

If you want to play like this thats fine, just know that you won’t be catered to as your way of playing is unhealthy for the other roles (outhealing damage makes the game feel very slow and unimpactful), and outright wrong for the current state of overwatch. And the state of overwatch for a year or two now?

this is true but I dont get the relevancy

Extra job = extra effort.

There is no balance, luckily. If you can’t outheal damage, then you have to kill enemy instead. You are given choice of 2 ways to achieve your goals, which are keeping team in one piece, and you choose most effective one.

It would be complicated game, if both approaches were somewhat similar in effectiveness, but with them being drastically different, it’s not that complicated.

and unfortunately everyone has extra jobs, as hard as you try to deny it, the “tryhards” and “meta slaves” are playing correctly and must use extra jobs therefore extra effort.

True to a half. We know that healbotting is far less impactful than a support who mixes healing and damage.

Fairly true, since there’s really no damage (aside from like… moira’s right click I think?) that can be outhealed we kill the enemy, and the way supports do that is shoot to pressure and use abilities like anti-nade to be aggressive.

this is why nano is good, not just because its half damage taken but it increases your damage dealt too.

this is why zen lucio are played, they have effectiveness outside heal

It’s good, because it increases damage resistance, regardless if teammate is useful or not. Good for keeping someone in one piece, until they finally figure things out.

Every time my pocket dies, I wonder, why am I even bothering with heals? All I can hope for is getting a bit more damage boosted, before their inevitable demise.

My experience was opposite - such supports tend to fail in both dealing damage and keeping team in one piece. Precisely because they spread their efforts, so they aren’t healing enough and aren’t killing enough either.

Im half convinced theres some trolling here, since

this statement is actually in favour of damaging and healing

I’ll leave it on this

OWL, Contenders, GM, Masters, Diamond, Plat, even Gold and probably silver understand that you need to be aggressive. Using nade to cut off the rein, shooting and healing as bap to do damage AND heal, playing zen to deal lots of damage while also enabling a dps with harmony orb

You can play as a healbot, and never climb because ultimately you play wrong, just know that the game will never cater to you. The devs aren’t “stupid” because they understand their game better than you.

I do recommend you learn a bit more about overwatch, when you understand the roles tanking becomes something more than m2 reinhardt and support can truly be a fun role.

Till then, tahtah

It is fun role for me, when I don’t have to be aggressive. I got no such interests.

It’s entertaining to watch enemies, that can’t kill my poor tank. Feels very satisfying, too.

And my statement was against trying to mix both - as you succeed at neither that way. You didn’t maintain your teammate in good shape and you didn’t kill enemy either, as you tried to do both.

In general I agree with your position, but Moira is not meta simply due to the flat out nerfing they have done on the kit. She doesn’t stand a chance now.

1 Like

Yet some games your teammates are taking too much damage(or your other support just isn’t cutting it) and you’re required to go bap/Moira(when she was meta) and afk heal else everyone dies instantly.

This is part of the issue with the healing changes. With less healing, you’re going to have to be healing more in order to prevent people from dying, preventing the time you have to damage boost/use util.

1 Like

It would be an issue, if healing was still valuable. But currently you already have to be Ana or Baptiste for healing to be valuable.

Already played that way long time ago, when 4 DPS were common comp. Healing them was mostly pointless, since damage from 3-4 DPS easily overwhelmed strongest heals you could get back there.

So I wonder, why keep heals at all, if they have to be massive to withstand all damage flying around, while only few supports actually have such massive heals. To restore players after fight? Respawning can be faster option. To increase their survivability? Burst damage and instant kills already got that part covered.

I just love these people “just wait to play the game” by then it is too late, Blizzard could have ruined your favorite heroes and there is mothing you can do cause the heroes wont be changed, they are set in stone by then, you either slog through the game not liking any of it or just stop playing it because the ruination of you heroes oeft a bad taste

2 Likes

Blizz is gonna nerf payload healing now that you mentioned it.

It’s not like it was very useful to begin with. I mean, who uses payload for heals?

Many times as a support, I’ve used the payload for heals because those were more helpful than the co-support I was teamed with.

Plus, it’s not like health packs are in a convenient enough location to use.