I don't want 6v6 back, but barriers and a slower game

Let’s be real for a moment. Tanks are beefed up DPS and the way to be successful is to be in the face of the enemy whenever and as long as you can brawling
Impact is not equally distributed among the team, it is not 1/5 per teammate, tanks have much more impact than anyone else

We see it in the direction of the game too: Push, Clash and flashpoint all modes with nonstop brawling

I guess that’s why Kingsrow is so popular. Slower and more methodical.

The question is: Is this direction sustainable for tank population and the tank role as a whole?
What does the tank population need?

My two cents: No, I don’t think it is sustainable to push tanks further and further in the DPS direction, neither the tank role nor the tank population will like this

Why would it need to be?

Why we gotta protect against GOATs in 2024?
(Using an approach that didn’t work in 2019)

The whole tank role just needs a overhaul. Very rarely do you see a tank fighting another tank. Instead, people use their 600+ hp heros to farm 200 hp heros which is a ridiculous concept. Its all a battle of who can overpower the more of the underpowered in a match

1 Like

I don’t believe that we would see another GOATS in a 5v5 scenario with more focus on barriers and slower gameplay

The goal would be to make barriers impactful but not overbearing
Currently we have basically the opposite: Overbearing offensive capabilities