I dont understand OTHER Mercy Mains

Not really, Lucio can’t keep the Winston or Zenyata alive nearly as well as the Mercy can nor can he support Pharah, Widowmaker or Hanzo at all, Lucio is inadvisable outside of a deathball because speed boost doesn’t have a high value target to pocket.

Zen is too good in Dive, and Mercy is too good with Zen.

It is clear that you do not play on the European servers. I played most of my time on the EU servers but tried the NA servers too for some hours. There is a lot less toxicity on the NA servers compared to the EU servers, by a significant margin. On the NA servers there is a higher chance of playing with people who speak English compared to the EU servers. On the EU servers on the other hand there is little constructive or helpful communication, so most of what you hear are insults or threats… and it is very frequent, and often directed towards the healer.

Her healing is significantly more than Ana’s and slightly less than Moira’s, I think you’re seriously disregarding how much accuracy and composition matters for an Ana and a Moira to be able to outheal a Mercy at all and a Moira should legitimately outheal a Mercy because her kit has no other utility than healing. Do yourself a favor and ask your teammates which healer they would prefer and the majority of them will still tell you Mercy because they can rely on you more than anyone else.

Edit: It’s also entirely possible that Nanoboost was overturned and will be nerfed in the future, a lot of people are overlooking how ridiculous the 300 hp flash heal is with damage and armour mitigation.

No, my friend, that’s not how statistics work.What you provide as example here introduces element of randomness into the data set. There’s no correlation between house number and color of eyes - so you can’t claim your data is representative of anything. It’s random, with impossible to calculate error margin. Which invalidates the entire thing.

If you want to do this research right, you’ll develop the method for data gathering, that will ensure the group inspected is actually representative of the city population. While this won’t eliminate error margin completely (nothing short of inspection of every single city resident will), it will reduce it to the level acceptable for the purposes of research (and will make it known in the first place).

And here’s the issue with Overbuff - we don’t have any method to it. Size and dispersion of gaps in its data set is completely unknown to us - which, for all intents and purposes, makes it randomized. And statistics don’t work off random data sets. Plain and simple.

I’ll reiterate myself - can you actually prove that Mercy’s real winrate isn’t 70? You can’t. Because your data is fragmented, and you don’t even know which fragments are missing from it. We don’t know the error margin for it - which might be 4 percent, for example. Again, we don’t know and can’t calculate it. But that error margin, considering that winrates are compared within 2-3 percents of each other, already throws the entire idea out of the window.

I dont have anymore likes rn but have this instead :sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

Teammates that will protect her?
Is there anyone left that cares about Healers protection anymore?

The people that actually help the supports deal with danger are super rare.
Harsh truth.
Not only Mercy , but Ana , Zen - No one helps them.

D.va mains got your back yo.

1 Like

I appreciate your opinions and the stats you gave but you are only one of thousands of mercy mains. Your stats may be great but that is less than 1% of the whole mercy community who plays, please use stats that were calculated for the whole mercy population rather than just your own.

I feel like Tank mains are the only one caring about the support’s protection - not all , but some good players still do it.

I’ve learned that I should rarely trust a DPS hero to help me.

I was on board until you said that other mercy mains don’t experience toxicity because you don’t and that they’re to blame for any toxicity lobbed at them.

I think it’s fair to add a third one: a religious fanbase and being the most mained character in the game.

Doesn’t that go to Rein? His pickrate has consistently been higher than Mercy. Before she was OP, atleast.

Your interpretation of statistics is exactly wrong. This is absolutely how statistics work. Let’s start with the blue eyes example. We have a population of size P, of which b% has blue eyes. You can calculate b% exactly by checking the eyes of every person in the population.

But suppose you don’t have time to check everyone exactly. Suppose you only sample s% of the population (for s not tiny), and see what percentage of your sample have blue eyes. Let’s call this number e% (e for experiment).

The question we are asking here is how far should e% be from b%? Well, the answer here depends on how you chose your sample. If you chose to only poll people whose last name is Xiao, then you’ll get a skewed sample. If you chose to only poll people who are blond and light skinned, you’ll get a skewed sample again. That’s because these criteria are correlated with having blue eyes. However, if you choose to poll people entirely at random (or by a criterion that’s independent of having blue eyes) then the numbers e% and b% are going to be extremely close. This is called the law of large numbers. You can use this law to calculate the probability of b% and e% being far off. For large sample sizes, these probabilities are ridiculously small.

Here’s another example. You have a sack full of tokens, r% are red and g% are green. You pick 10000 tokens at random. 6000 of them are red and 4000 of them are green. The probability that r% is very different from 60% is very small. These are not random numbers with no information.

To reiterate - choosing completely at random from a population is the best way to sample a variable. Barring complete randomness, choosing by a criterion that is entirely unrelated to what you are measuring is just as good. You don’t need to check that you are creating a representative sample. Randomness does that for you.

1 Like

Pickrate alone doesn’t tell us if the character is mained. What I meant by “most mained” is most amount of players who don’t/hardly play other characters.

You can see why that kind of player gets riled up if their main is changed a lot, as opposed to people who might shift to other heroes

Where are you getting the evidence that she’s the most mained? Seems to me like you’re just making assumptions now.

Devs told us, it’s Mercy and Genji, not sure in what order, I’ll admit. I think they mentioned it in one of the dev update videos (probably the one about the Mercy rework).
Sadly we have to take their word for it because their data is more complete and wider-ranged.

Hmhmh. Fine. But I really don’t think that’s an issue.

In an ideal world, no. It does put more pressure on the devs though. But true, I can only guess what effect that has, if it even has any.

Which isn’t the source of our complaints.

Depends on where you look.

In GM, she has a pickrate very close to Sombra’s. She is also the only hero in the game with a sub-fifty percent winrate in GM. Considering that GM is the place you want to go if you are looking for competitive play most heavily dictated by who are the best heroes/what are the best compositions, and Mercy certainly is… sub-par, to say the least.

Your personal experience does not accurately reflect upon reality. Mercy’s average healing/game dropped by about 1500 after the nerf, dropping her output below Moira… when the developers have outright stated that:

In reality, your go-to pick for raw healing power is now Moira. You pick Mercy when you want to play a hero that needed to be gutted to make room for an ultimate on a cooldown.

That’s like saying Widowmaker would take more skill to play and be more fun if her scoped damage was reduced below double-tap level for 200 HP heroes. It doesn’t accomplish either of those; it just pulls her into garbage tier.

I’m looking at your profile right now. You have a 58% winrate on Mercy in competitive, and you aren’t ranked this season. You played 54 games in the last season you played, which tells me that you have not played at all this season. Otherwise, there would be a rank displayed.

This raises questions as to where exactly you are getting these pictures and stats from. Do you have an alternate account? Why aren’t you posting on that account?

It’s all here.

2 Likes