"I don't trust the pros and coaches"

sorry, i’m more interested in a game being fun then it being easy for someone to earn a paycheck

12 Likes

Pros of course can be wrong sometimes but “a lot of times” is a gross exaggeration.

People here don’t like pros opinion because they understand that metas are defined by tanks and supports so their suggestions for balance would be to nerf the tanks or supports.

But people here just want to blame dps for being the op ones due to poor understanding of the game.

It really isn’t. Superjump? Moira? Etc

The issue is, people wait till one pro player says something then they all jump on board.

Since many of them are streamers, they make more money by playing to the crowd than by not being clickbatey.

So what do we get? Things which make bring views rather than actually well thought out stuff.

It isn’t in their interest to say stuff which is right…

When one goes on a rant about Moira being lock on, it is easily shown to be wrong, but it gains them viewers.

So… We see the same pro streamers saying wrong thing after wrong thing.

The coaches are a different story. They tend to be very level headed because they have to be. Being wrong as a coach is very bad.

Coaches are not clickbatey drama queens. But the pros? Oh they tend to be.

4 Likes

This is very true, and coaches and most pros on a point can give evidence, its specious at best to suggest they just “have opinions” like say liking chocolate or not, they can almost always give a valid context for an opinion, coaches I have never heard take a position without reason. OTOH, the players are bit more … agenda-oriented I believe than coaches…

Pros barely talk about super jump or Moira. If you are talking about xqc or samito they are not pros afaik.

A problem that only affects the best players doesn’t matter

1 Like

They are or were (both are currently)

If you discount people like XQC and SamIto, then, sure things improve a LOT.

But they are both pro players… Samito is in Triumph, and XQC is in Gladiators Legion

And on the forums, they are the ones people are pointing at.

So would you trust XQCs or Samito’s judgement on balance?

3 Likes

“pros” are playing an entirely different game than I am

So what is it, after the past three years, that Widow has suddenly become a massive problem, despite no changes to her package?

Maybe it’s because the same pros and coaches lamented that every counter she had was “oppressive” to playing her, and Blizzard responded.

It’s as if the constant demands that damage picks be treated as high school star quarterbacks, the most relevant heroes on the map, with all impediments to their plays nerfed into a crater in order to “liberate” them from their “oppression” has created a game situation that those very same people now find “broken”

4 Likes

Wait, THEY sound like dbags?

…ok.

When something is too strong in lower ranks only, you overcome it by playing better.

When something is too strong in the highest tiers only, you overcome it by smurfing or uninstalling.

Thats why you balance from the top

1 Like

Until they get sick of dealing with it and derank so they dont have to. The amount of smurfing has exploded because of terrible balancing (and queue times)

Sure. I’m not defending them. I’m only saying that distrust in professionals and experts is at an all time high

1 Like

The thing is you have to remember that these people are still just players, not professional game designers. Folks around here try way too hard to take their word as infallible gospel when the reality is they’re just complaining about problens immediately around them, just like the rest of us.

I’m not saying that they should be completely written off. No one should. But their personal opinion isn’t any more correct than yours or mine just because they may have a faster reaction time.

3 Likes

And that is the problem. They should balance the game for the majority, not the minority. The majority of players are in gold. Thus they should balance the game at the gold level.

They’re smart enough to realize the problem but not smart enough to make a solution to them, aside from “durrr nurf them!”

2 Likes

But not everyone can just “lmao gut gud”.

Personally, if it comes down to the top 1% of the playerbase getting pissy over a mechanic and quitting for a little bit, or the middle 50% quitting, I would rather let the 1% go.

I get that top balance is important, but you can’t just ignore the majority of your playerbase either.

2 Likes

Yep, I agree. If we didn’t have Xqc and Samito, I suspect it would be different :).

The coaches are a pretty same group.

Oh you did not just make a math joke.

I have no strong opinion on superjump. It’s a bug but that doesn’t mean it HAS to be fixed.

Samito is not someone I watch at all, but I agree Moira is too easy.