I don't see the OPness in Brigitte

Is that anything like Freschetta?
edit: i looked it up and now im even more hungry :frowning:

1 Like

Most people are commenting on how she affects tanks. I haven’t seen many people talking about DPS at all.

If they were, would it decrease the validity of their complaints?

3 Likes

I’m getting the vibe that’s your bias at play.

3 Likes

Lets not spread any misinformation here, we all know the complaints aren’t simply from people that main the heroes that she counters.

OR SHOULD I SAY “was supposed to counter”

1 Like

I predict, that blizzard will nerf her to the ground because of complainers.
She is meta-changing hero. She is supposed to counter most of current “meta” heroes. That’s her purpose. She isn’t OP at all.

But no one cares. They will complain. As they did with symmetra 2.0, moira, doomfist, sombra buff and will do with symmetra 3.0. God bless Brigitte, don’t let her be nerfed like Sombra. People just can’t adapt and counter, but they will complain and cry A LOT.

3 Likes

Fragehardt and RichC are the most famous Genji mains inda forums… This quote confirms your unbiased vibes:

Tank Main’s Pub:
Brigette giving you a hard time?

5 Likes

She’s doesn’t counter tracer anywhere near the amount she counters rein.

1 Like

She counters every tank. Pretty sure they are making the threads as much as flankers.

1 Like

It’s a refreshing to see flanker mains be salty for a change. They can’t get the easy kill anymore.

I don’t care that it’s immature, but THESE GENJI/TRACER TEARS ARE DEEEELLLICIOUS!

5 Likes

Brigitte may or may not be OP. Setting that aside.

Competitive stats so far: D.Va is being used as often as ever. Reinhardt’s pickrate is trending upwards. Orisa’s dropped a bit.

Try playing Rein for a night on comp and see how fun it is. Sooooooooooooo much fun, practically reveling in how much fun i have playing Rein into Brigitte hahahaha :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:.

1 Like

Really I see a lot of complaints from Reinhardt mains, which is odd since he’s being played more often now and Orisa less so.

Because you still need a tank in game. It’s just whoever wants to bash their head against the wall and play them for 15 minutes at a time. Overwatches unsung hero’s atm.

A number of hard counters exist for flankers. Mostly on the tank/defense category. Largely, however, teamwork and effective healing negates the weaknesses offensive flankers suffer from.

I don’t play rein much at all, but the few times I went up against her with rein I obliterated her.

She does so little damage and has so little health and self healing it didn’t take me that many swings.

Unless she’s being pocketed by a mercy for the entire fight I don’t see how rein mains are having a problem.

1 Like

Brigitte a problem?

How about pick a counter? Anything with long-range big raw dmg output counters her. I’ll let you figure out the rest.

1 Like

And you would be wrong. Tanks are the ones who feel the pain of fighting against brigitte most heavily, and they are the ones (rightfully) complaining for nerfs.

The issue around brigitte is the design philosophy. The game has very little incentive to not group up around a small area of the map in fact the opposite it encourages grouping hard around small parts of it burning the short timer cooldowns quickly. Many elements of counterplay are slowly being removed from the game. Brigitte has a low cooldown stun which in other mobas would be countered by team movement away from and around the hero. Until there’s not a hard reason to group up and have a hero with a short cooldown stun there is not other way to really not have it be op. I feel that the fact its in the game and the devs haven’t realized its a problem points more towards their understand of their own game.

Let me explain 3 design traits in overwatch.

1. high ground control is everything.
  2. Every hero is designed around spamming abilities and winning by pressing q.
  3. The game is functional around a small objective.
    This means that every hero that gets away from those things has a smaller part in the meta.

At this point the devs philosophy is shying away from what makes a game stronger competitively by removing options to be outplayed. In general to outplay you need, longer cooldowns, less spam, less devestating ultimates, and reasons to play a larger area of the map. These design philosphies are all but non-existent in their game.

The SHORT TERM FIX should be to put brigitte’s stun on a long cooldown, like 20 seconds.

The REAL FIX should be in the long term-

1. Adding ammo and side objecties to maps.
  2. Reducing reliance on ultimates and increasing length of cooldowns considerably.
  3. Reducing heals in general.
  4. Increase the ways that generating ultimate abilites benefits the character over the coarse of the game, and not just and a small fight. (for example, burn an ability or save its energy to be put into a stronger version later on)
  5. Balance the hero distribution and bring role queues. Distribution should be about 1/3rd dps, 1/3rd tanks, 1/3rd healers.
  6. Increase the tank count and tank counterplay around the triangle of purpose (damage, cc/survivability, and mobility.)
1 Like

Maybe the fact that im forced to put my shield down from a no skill stun ability? also the fact that she counters him harder than any flanker in the game. Rein has no mobility, range, or sustain and she cancels nearly every ability of his. She can make him easy pickings once you bring his shield down by chaining stuns on him, which is stupid because his gimmick is to keep his shield up.

Brigitte forces a change in the meta and popular dive / flank heroes have to be more wary with her around. And people hate that, so they complain.

As someone said I am afraid that blizz will nerf her just because all the people complaining.

Also she is not a counter to all the tanks. That is a fat lie hahaha. The only real tank having problems with her is Winston (not Rein).

And even if she was counter of one of the tanks…what with that? a tank can’t have counters?