I decayed 4-5 divisions again in all roles lol

I also decayed 2-3 ranks in each role. They clearly state they removed decay in the patch notes starting with the beginning of this season so what gives? they need take the game offline for several hours and make this right.

1 Like

Same master 1 to dia 1

Just leaving some evidence here why it’s unexpected

Diamond 2 to Plat 2 here, similar story for the last few seasons aside from when i went from plat 1 to silver 5

1 Like

I wanted to update this bc I am very frustrated now. I played my 5 games to rank and now I’m back up to GM 5. I only got a masters title. So stupid. I don’t see how my mmr was so low that it brought me from masters 4 to GM 5. Fix your stuff blizzard.

2 Likes

clearly decisions are made factoring only the negative side of things:

PATCH NOTES: “Matches left in Competitive Play will also have a more negative effect on a player’s Skill Tier and Division after a 5-win Competitive Update.”

my response: invalid and incompetence. since many use to return and win following an involuntary disconnect. now, zero point in returning. devs create their own problems.

PATCH NOTE: The start of a new Competitive season also no longer fully resets the severity of these suspensions and bans. This should hopefully prevent players from leaving Competitive games at the end of a season without facing meaningful consequences at the start of the next.

my response: invalid and incompetence. because some users select wrong role. so they leave match. no one is affected. thereby proving suspension invalid.

PATCH NOTE: “Seasonal Rank Decay Removed
Starting with Season Four, a player’s Competitive Play rank will no longer be reduced at the beginning of a season. Furthermore, the effects of this reduction of rank from previous seasons will also be removed. Depending on how many games they played during the previous season, most players will see their skill tier and division increase. A player’s skill tier and division at the beginning of Season 4 will now closely match the matchmaker’s estimate of your current skill.”

my response: utter bullsh!t. that’s not what occurred for thousands of players.

Developer Comments: The previous seasonal rank decay was causing considerable confusion for players, who would see players in their Competitive games who did not appear to be of a similar rank. Often these players were actually of similar skill, but they had not played enough games during the season to compensate for the initial decay.

WTF does this even mean?

i’m so confused on how that’s even a thing when a dev straight up said that in s3 they were being too harsh on people.

Blizzard already knows about this issue.

“We are investigating an issue where Season Three end-of-season final ranks were modified causing lower tier rewards issued for some players.”

1 Like

valid. however don’t expect a response. this only proves that whatever devs say, the opposite is true.

1 Like

then what’s the hold up on restoring?

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. Here’s a link to my post in case you’d like to read more about this issue: Here’s a link to my post in case you’d like to read more about this issue: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Incorrect Rank Adjustment. Please help in spreading the word about this megathread and other related threads, we must demand the Developers to give us the rewards we rightfully earned.

opposite happened to me, plat 1 to diamond one! I’d say i’m not complaining but i am, i keep getting crushed.

Oh, this is somewhat good news. I didn’t realize i got like a lower rank reward too lol

Stop posting this shlt. You and that other guy are just spamming this nonsense over and over again without providing a link to where the devs have said this. And you are the only 2 people who seem to have heard it.

I agree and tried to find more counterarguments, but why bother.
This is a full explanation from the same video I used earlier. In short: inflation should only a thing in high GM (22:49) ALL Your Matchmaking Questions ANSWERED! (Overwatch 2 Dev Interview w/ Eskay & Jay3) - YouTube

2 Likes

For any updates watch the official post Overwatch 2 Known Issues - April 11, 2023 - Bug Report - Overwatch Forums (blizzard.com)

It was updated

We are investigating an issue where Season Three end-of-season final ranks were modified causing lower tier rewards issued for some players, and for current rankings to have wrongly decayed. Players who reach their next Competitive Update should receive their expected ranks.

2 Likes

I wasn’t deranked either. I went up from GM 4 to GM1 on support. My other roles stayed GM1.

What are your 10 per 10 stats?

how did blizzard literally post an announcement saying it’s actually a bug and you still are trying to convince these people they’re just bad LMFAO

2 Likes

Players who reach their next Competitive Update should receive their expected ranks.
So I got this bug where it deranked me from master 5 to plat 2 on DPS at the start of season 4. I got a new competitive update (5 wins, 1 loss, 1 loss only cuz we had a troll). I got a new rank of diamond 2. ??? PLEASE GIVE ME MY RANKS BACK ON ALL ROLES I CAN’T PLAY WITH MY FRIENDS

1 Like

as i suspected, you were out here presenting your personal impulsive guesses as facts. credibility obliterated.

1 Like