I DARE you to put “5 vs 5” on an Experimental Card

Blizzard, You keep pushing this narrative to us that “5v5 thing” on Overwatch 2 is going to make everything better on PvP but I am very skeptical of it, to say at least, and we know that plenty of your “consumers” think the same or worse.
So, here is what I propose: make an Experimental Card removing 1 Tank per team; in other words, put “5 vs 5” on Overwatch. Then be extremely observant on feedback from who matters the most: the Players. If majority approves of “5 vs 5”, this should be good for you, right? You may carry on with your presumed extensive efforts. BUT if the majority rejects “5 vs 5” then you should immediately stop wasting your efforts on 5v5 to correct the course of your development ASAP no matter how frustrating that may be for you (and whoever refuses should resign the team).
What about June 15h? This should be a good enough date for you to apply this crucial experiment to us.

21 Likes

But the entire game is going to be different. This isn’t Overwatch 1 with one tank removed.

Holy moses people just don’t get it, do they?

50 Likes

This would prove absolutely nothing. It’s like thinking you can base your opinion about pve OW2 off junkenstein’s revenge.

19 Likes

They said it would be very hard for them to have a 5v5 experimental, since not all the changes are finalized yet. I think we will have to wait for beta to try out 5v5 if there is going to be public beta test.

2 Likes

You should not be afraid. This experiment is for us to take, and they must embrace the results.

1 Like

I can’t tell if this is a troll post or someone having a MASSIVE tantrum.

Someone help me out here.

8 Likes

People have made workshop modes with all the changes. Devolves into double sniper mirrors a lot of the time because a single tank can’t putout enough pressure to stop both of them.

3 Likes

They haven’t gotten to all the character models let alone finalized agreement of how they want them to play in OW2.

2 years after the reveal of the sequel only a fraction of the roster was ready to showcase.

You ain’t seeing a 5 v 5 Experimental until 2022 near online blizzcon if we are lucky.

1 Like

Believe me, that’s a lame excuse from Blizzard beause they are afraid of Rejection. Because even if the experiment doesn’t simulate all variables from Overwatch 2, it is still very accurate enough to put 5v5 on Experimental Card, and from feedback evaluate what is doable to alter on Overwatch 2. Remember, the gameplay shown is vastly identical to Overwatch 1; if the talents tree were part of PvP of Overwatch 2 it would be a different story, though.

No, my topic is serious and you are just struggling very hard to accept my ideas. You cannot accuse me of “trolling”.

2 Likes

Its not that simple. maps, supports and damage are changing too

6 Likes

Even better, to put the most as possible of these changes from Overwatch 2, great idea!!

None of the above are ready for the masses yet. there will be testing, always is for new games

1 Like

Putting 5v5 in now would not be experimental and would give you absolutely no sense of what OW2 will be.
They are changing the tank role completely, making tons of changes to the other heroes and maps, and adding new heroes. All of this is what they are saying makes 5v5 viable.
So until those changes are made there is no point to giving us 5v5 now in OW1. The only thing that will happen then is that this forum will be flooded with complainer posts about how it doesn’t work.

1 Like

lets be honest. It could be the best gameplay weve ever had and you all would still say it was bad.

Forum goers want to be right more than they want the game to be good.

You all swore up and down that brig wasnt an issue when she literally made dps useless for a year and a half.

4 Likes

its as if…its a different game!? WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT?!

I’ve heard this before.

Then when things drop and it still isn’t balanced properly and causes a bunch of issues we’ll get the standard:

“Don’t worry - we’ll fix it over time in patches / updates!”

or the dreaded:

“Don’t worry - we’ll fix it in OW3!”

3 Likes

They make massive changes and a whole new game - “Oh great, just let OW die and hold onto all the changes to sell more copies of the sequel!”

They release changes to OW and OW2 comes out - “You want us to pay $60 for this? It’s the same game!”

There’s literally no winning.

The ignorance of this post is beyond shameful. You guys need to think before you speak.

2 Likes

…yes there is no winning this community, cuz you guys complain about everything

2 Likes

It does seem weird that they won’t just put a parachute team on OW1 and keep it around longer. What’s the harm? People MIGHT play OW2 if that’s the only option, but you lose the customers that won’t do that. If it’s an entirely different game (in pace, feel, approach, and hero ability) then the change might be enough to push people away.

2 Likes