I can't enable 144hz?

Amazon’s pretty good with returns. You can send it back and pay a bit more to get 144hz. Especially now with Boxing Day prices.

1 Like

Yeah. You probably will.

I mean there is something about low end hardware and high end gaming that fascinates me, maybe there is something about trying to make it work, idk

And significant input lag lol.

The units I saw with OC’d panels were all on some Intel integrated chip, but i’m sure it could be done with others as well

Also i’d imagine better hardware in lappy monitors, but I couldn’t say for sure. Maybe something to do with power supply idk lol

2 Likes

Aight i looked a bit into it but only found stuff about when you have visible distortin, nothing about the OC capability. I think I looked at the wrong stuff here, ima go and see if I can get some other tutorials or somethin

Thanks for the input anyways my man ^^

The stats on your monitor:

Flat

Brand ASUS
Display Size 24"
Display Resolution 1920x1080
Refresh Rate 60Hz
Response Time 5ms

Based on the stats above, this isn’t a gaming monitor at all. The 5ms response time is the key in for that, add in the refresh rate, and it’s just a standard widescreen display.

I highly recommend the 27" 144hz monitor Asus puts out, it’s about $299, but worth every penny.

I have 1050 ti and its constant 153fps (Display based lock)

exact name of the product?

ASUS VG278Q
27” Full HD 1080p 144Hz 1ms DP HDMI DVI Eye Care Gaming Monitor with FreeSync/Adaptive Sync

I want a link and I want it now!

Scratch that, I got what i wanted

Glad I could help!

Use all that Christmas money for something epic :wink:

1 Like

I use a 1050ti (not even overclocked yet), my cpu’s an older generation i5, and I get a solid average 183 frames on overwatch? I just don’t have a 144 hz monitor yet, planning to get one though.

1 Like

Desktop > Right click > NviDia pannel > change resolution > select 144Hz.

Weird, I’m using a DVI cable and have 144Hz refresh rate.

2 Likes

Me too, this guy don’t even know what he is talking.

1 Like

Yeah, you need a DVI-D Dual Link cable in order to pull it off. (It’s the DVI cable that has lots more pins on it than the standard)

Look into the VG248QE OP.

Please, don’t recommend those old 144hz monitors. They aren’t bad, but you don’t have any reason to buy those over the newer monitors.

You can get much better and recent ones for the same price now. For a <250$ budget, you can get a viewsonic xg2401, but even that one is a bit outdated now, i don’t keep up with the new monitors. But the xg2401 is still way better than the VG248QE and at the same price.

Pfft… If you’re not running dual 2080Ti then GTFO man…

i use 2 monitors the 144hz is VG248
the other i have is a 60hz monitor that is VE248 it doesn’t go higher then that
sorry to say :C

set your monitor to 144 frames (or at least the highest option) in Windows before you try and set it ingame.