I can't enable 144hz?

I know that this isn’t really related to OW, but a few months ago, I bought an Asus ve248H monitor with the prospects of getting a 144hz monitor to finally be able to see above 60 fps. However, whenever I go into the settings to change the refresh rate, it doesn’t go above 60hz, I’m using DVI cables which should support 144hz right? I’m also using a GTX 1050. whenever I go into the settings, it says the monitor is a “ve248” rather than a “ve248H”. Anyone know why? Is it my hardware or is it something else?

is it a dual-link DVI?
Also are you sure at the resolution settings you couldnt pick the 1920* 1080* 144hz?

I’m not a tech-y person at all, but I’ve read multiple times that you have to set your own desktop settings to 144hrz before it’ll work in any games.

It’s in advanced display settings somewhere. I have Windows 7, so no idea how to direct you there on 10 (which I’m assuming you have like 90% of everyone XP).

But yeah, that’s usually the thing people miss in this situation.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Dual link DVI-D, Only 1080p or lower. For 1440p , 144hz , or higher you will need a display port.

Single link DVI-D wont.

1 Like

Yeah, basically this.

You need a DisplayPort cable.

1 Like

I’m looking at the monitor specs and nowhere does it say that it supports 120 or 144hz.

https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-VE248H-1920x1080-Back-lit-Monitor/dp/B0043T7FHK

If this is the same monitor that you’re referring to, I’m sorry to break this to you man…

1 Like

Another bit of bad news I am sorry to give you. you will not be able to run or maintain 144 hz on a 1050. Even at everything low…

1 Like

Even with 144hz settings, a 1050 won’t be able to consistently stay at 144. I have a 1050 Ti SC that’s overclocked and it still dips below 100

Basically this.

For anyone who wants to use a 144Hz monitor you will need a DP cable, your system will automagically detect its specs and adjust your Desktop accordingl. Any games with Vsync will take those settings too, so 144Hz vSync. If that isnt the case, you can google: “how to create custom desktop resolution” and you will find everything you need.

Yes and no. You can achieve 144Hz on a 1050 if you push it to the max, game settings all low and maybe <100% resolution scaling. Allthough i wouldnt give up that much quality for a higher frame rate.

Open your video card management software

Both AMD and Nvidia have software to make custom display resolutions at the refresh rates you’re seeking. This is probably a better way of doing it, don’t adjust anything in Windows, the driver software for your video card should do all that for you

I overclocked my HP monitor from 60hz to 75hz stable, but it won’t go faster than that

Use an HDMI cable, and if your video card only has DVI out on it, then you’ve gotta post more specs so we can try to help more

Risky. You will loose monitor warranty if you OC it.

Yeah, but the monitor knows it’s limits. Thankfully it reports to the driver software like “No, this is a fast as I can go, stop pushing me lol”

It gets warm but i’ve had it like this for almost a year. My receiver hates it but I can make it play nice.

Errrmmm… also, this:

• Analog Signal Frequency: 30 ~ 83kHz(H)/ 55 ~ 76 Hz(V)
  • Digital Signal Frequency: 30 ~ 83kHz(H)/ 55 ~ 76 Hz(V)

Thats how high the refreshrate of your monitor is. Sorry

Yessir! I know that too, but i think some other aspects change too. I can push mine to 70hz as well but over that i start to get slight distortions which upset your eyes. And over 76hz my monitor says “dude stop lol I cant do this invest some money broke boi”

1 Like

His monitor doesnt suppoert 144hz

I use a 1050ti sc. Consider looking into getting a better cpu.
With my setup i capped it at 155 and it stays there almost 100% of the time.

go to nvidia control panel, resolution, make sure its on 144 hz.

then your display settings, advanced settings, adapter properties, monitor, 144 hz

the ingame resolution should probably be something like 1920x1080 (144) *

the number is the refresh rate.

I do wonder when ppl will read that his monitor doesnt suppoert 144hz

OP can you change the title or the post to make clear that it wont work with your setup?`You need to buy a new monitor for that

The pixel clock timings have to be right, I know the software kinda does this it’self and I have no idea how or what ratio the clocks are to the frequency but it can cause issues for sure

This being said I have seen cheapy laptop monitors OC to 120hz, no issues whatsoever.

1 Like

I gotta look into that, thanks for the tip ^^

But arent the display drivers (hardware side) in a laptop tuned to the rest? A normal display maybe has cheaper components :confused: But hey, if I can make one of me three Benq GL2760H go hamsh*t, yeah thatd be great

1 Like