I believe Overwatch's MMR system is designed as way of controlling the players upward mobility in ranks

says a hardstuck silver

Bro , Your main is SYMETRA , (a super problematic hero ) just like me when I started ,and the rest of the 35mill players when they started. (especialy on consoles)

With Symm Ive reached mid gold ONLY AFTER 200hours plusā€¦ and that was in season 4 when 50% of the community didnt know by hart were the teleporters/shields are hidden. ( I play on console and supposently Symm is easier that the rest of roaster)

Now although she seems to u a strong charachter because u do 30 kills, ā€¦ IN BRONZEā€¦ u will be lucky to have 5 or 10 when u really rank up. ā€œStevoā€ and other Symm Pros are extreamly few AND THINK "Is this the reason you bought OW to play 1000hours on SYMM?

Get rid of her and main Mercy till u get in a proper SR level. (mid gold)

PLAY MERCY BECAUSE 
  1. your aim is not ā€œtrainedā€ due to SYMM , I garantee in 1 week u are going to be mid gold.

2. In low elo a healer is 100% scarce u will always carry

3. Once u play her good u will start enjoy her (NO SHE IS NOT EASY comparing to Moira for a good levell of heals eg 15000 to 20.000 per game)

BUT do these changes to Mercy :

1. TOGGLE BEAM ON
  2. GA PREFERS BEAM TARGET OFF
  3. TOGLE GA OFF

Watch 1 GM play so u understund to power boost as well to heal by flicking the staff and Train her ā€œGLIDEā€ and Slingshot .

There is a female player from FINLAND I met last season she is at 2700 in first season with 90h of Mercy ā€¦ (in fact I got so pissed off that I erased her from friend so i dont envy her progress)

HERO PICK dose matter I will play ANNA this season a lot and because of poor performance DESPITE WINNING my games my SR fell dramatically fell 500points down

Iā€™d like to add another point.
If this is a truly competitive game, then why do we have cross rank groups? Also at this point coming up on the 2nd year anniversary, why do we still consider levels to not be a measure of experience? Yes smurfs exist; but to assume everyone that just started competitive is on equal playing field as people who have played this game 1 year+ is ridiculous.

1 Like

Check out your stats to a higher level friend than u and others that progressed far higher than u. U will be amazed to see that their

1.win % RATIO IS LIKE YOURS
2. Their stats are close to YOURS (on same clan of course heals with heals)

yet they are 1000SR better than u ā€¦

THE MAIN DIFFRENCE u will see on all high acc is that they play EXTREAMLY LIMITED HOURS maby 20h per season on their main accounts and therefore cherish them like some thing of value, instead of a game , ā€¦ almost each of us has 1 alt acc meaning 50% of the comunity is learning on back of others with alt acc

I get what your saying, that only adds to the problem. You shouldnā€™t go into competitive with the idea that ā€œit doesnā€™t matter if I lose this competitive match, itā€™s not my mainā€
The mind set only amplifies the current issues.

A large majority of the Overwatch gaming community is completely ignorant of the fact that the MMR system is completely rigged against you to give you as many losses as possible. This is known as the ā€˜Law of Diminishing Returnsā€™ this means that the more that you play the more you are likely to go on a losing streak. This is why most players quit playing competitive as soon as they receive their match placements. They have accepted the harsh reality that the matchmaking system is not designed in your favor. The only winning move is not to play.

This means that Blizzard designed their game to force you to buy multiple accounts and smurf your way to the top. This is Overwatch Leagueā€™s closely guarded secret. Because not only does this increase their game sales this also proves how Blizzard managed to sell over 35+ million copies. This means that at least 30%-50% of their game sales are owned by the same players. This explains why there are so many toxic players online because Blizzard is profiting off of the toxicity at your expense. The more players that they silence the most likely that they are willing to purchase another copy of the game.

You have a MMR rating that you donā€™t like? Buy another copy of the game! You were caught using hacks? Buy another copy of the game! You donā€™t like being stuck on plat? Buy another copy of the game! This malicious method is no different than modern day gambling. This is the dirty little secret that game companies have been doing for years and CSGO is no exception either!

You can find more information about this at my website @ tacticalknight dot com

6 Likes

Well said and couldnā€™t agree moreā€¦only wish Iā€™d bought stock years ago when Activision was $10 a share.

5 Likes

New sales of OW is nothing compared to loot box sales.

They want you to continue to play the game, not force you out of it to buy a new account.

What you guys are arguing about goes completely against their core business model.

1 Like

Dude if youā€™re just gonna be throwing money away like that, you might as well play a mobile game like fate/grand order. Least then you would be playing a game thatā€™s fairly entertaining.

At the end of the day, Blizzard is just another billion dollar company with a marketing tool used to make money. Once they got your money and you canā€™t get a refund, you donā€™t matter to them anymore. The top 500, and probably even the top 1000 all have several alt accounts that they paid for, and this is pretty much the only reason theyā€™re top 1000. They give Blizzard the most money.

**** this game, lets start a class action lawsuit to get a refund.

2 Likes

if they wanna throw away their money making multiple accounts all of which probably spent hundreds of bucks on loot-boxes to get the skins they want let them.

But but they want to keep you playing so you keep buying lootboxesā€¦

How do you not understand that?

The OP is spot on. Heā€™s just another player whoā€™s seen through the SR scam.

The game is built to make sure you keep chasing SR.

So if you win ā€œtoo muchā€ prepare for some forced losses.

My friends and i saw this in S2. Glad itā€™s not S10 and so many people have figured it out too.

Gamers are smart. They can spot something fishy, and are not afraid to call it out.

6 Likes

considering you are almost a Sym one trick I bet in most of your loses most of your team considered you to be the thrower.

As a one trick of an extremely off mete hero, the MM system is literally in YOUR favor. any thing lower than the diamond that is simply how it works.

It determines sr gains and loses based on how you perform statistically against people playing the hero you are playing. I have seen Gold Sym mains with 25% win rates with higher sr then I have with around 50% win rate.

looking at your stats man there is no other way around it. You simply are not good at this game. or at least not good at Sym who in turn is probably the worse hero in the game right now.

1.8 elims per life 1200 SR Junkrat main complaining about matchmaking? Amazing, surely itā€™s not your subpar stats against basically AI bots?. How can people be this deluded?

ā€œFrom my experience with this game, I have a strong feeling that Blizzard is forcing players to lose when they start doing well by placing them with obvious smurfs and troublemakers to force a losing situationā€ This is funny because given your stats you have never ā€œdone wellā€. Focus on improving your gameplay and maybe you will climb.

Well yes. And in the name of fariness, it works the opposite way. Lose too many games and the game will force a win on you, I should know, Iā€™m one of the few who does such.

OP likely isnā€™t reading this, but OP is 1.2k and probably isnā€™t padding his stats anywhere near enough. The way comp is these days, stat padding is how you rank up. Yeah itā€™s sad, but what can you do about it?

1 Like

1.58 elims per life on Roadhog after 9 hoursā€¦ You must be literally throwing games and feeding on purpose, thereā€™s no other logical explanation for your rank.

1 Like

Indeed those are some impressive stats, I ve no idea why OWL hasnā€™t picked this guy up yet.

lol @ stat padding with 7% weapon accuracy :]

Yes and it works too.

That allows me to stay at SR < 500 :slight_smile:

Do the opposite of what I do and you might climb.

I feel your pain, truly. I donā€™t believe the matchmaker is rigged as nefariously as you do, but I do believe (know) matches are rigged. Iā€™ve never seen this much an outcry in any game matchmaking system in the existence of mankind.

2 Likes