I asked an AI about OW2 S9

Here’s the response:
The recent changes in Overwatch 2 Season 9 have indeed sparked controversy and frustration among players, particularly those who favor tank and support roles. Let’s delve into the issues raised and explore potential solutions:

1. Cauterize Debuff:
  • The introduction of the cauterize debuff for Damage heroes has significantly impacted the healing capabilities of tanks and supports. This debuff reduces incoming healing by 20% for 2 seconds after any instance of damage.
  • Solution: The developers could consider adjusting the duration or potency of the cauterize debuff. Perhaps a shorter duration or a less severe reduction in healing would strike a better balance.
  1. Projectile Sizes and Health Pools:
  • The increase in projectile sizes and health pools has altered the gameplay dynamics. Tanks, who traditionally absorb damage, now struggle to stay alive due to their inability to sustain themselves effectively.
  • Solution: Reevaluate the impact of larger projectiles on tank survivability. Adjust health pools or provide alternative forms of mitigation to ensure tanks can fulfill their role without feeling overwhelmed.
  1. Specific Tank Heroes:
  • Certain tank heroes, such as Junker Queen, Roadhog, Mauga, and Reinhardt, have been hit particularly hard by these changes.
  • Solution:
    • Roadhog and Mauga: Their healing mechanics need to be recalibrated to account for the larger health pools and the cauterize debuff.
    • Reinhardt: Consider tweaking his kit or providing additional tools for self-sustain, especially since he relies on close engagement with enemies.
  1. Support Heroes and Healing:
  • Support heroes are struggling due to the reduced emphasis on healing. Players who focused on healing feel marginalized.
  • Solution: Balance the healing role by ensuring that supports remain impactful. Encourage diverse playstyles by rewarding both healing and damage output.
  1. Supports with High Damage Output:
  • Supports who offer more damage output than healing are currently thriving. This shift has left traditional healers feeling ineffective.
  • Solution: While it’s essential to have versatile supports, ensure that healing-focused supports remain viable. Buff their healing abilities or introduce new support heroes with unique healing mechanics.
  1. Player Frustration and Attrition:
  • The frustration, stress, and lack of fun are driving players away from the game.
  • Solution: Prioritize player experience. Regularly communicate with the community, acknowledge their concerns, and actively address issues. Consider a public test realm (PTR) for players to provide feedback on proposed changes before they go live.

In summary, the developers should take a holistic approach to balance, considering the interplay between roles, hero kits, and overall gameplay experience. By addressing these issues, they can create a more enjoyable and engaging environment for all players. Let’s hope that Overwatch 2 Season 9 evolves into a better experience for everyone involved!

Me: Well, that’s a lot to take in, isn’t it? I take what an AI says with a grain of salt but most of what it says echoes what i’ve been saying. What are your thoughts

2 Likes

Most of what it says echoes what you’ve been saying, because it’s literally just spitting back what you put into it.

It is just recontextualising your statement, and giving back to you in a dot point format. It’s a literal mirror.

6 Likes

Woah… you asked an AI designed to answer questions to answer your surface-level questions/complaints, and it… did that… Technology is marvelous, isn’t it?

2 Likes

AI cannot think of an original idea or argument, because it can only pull from existing data, people who are negative are more vocal and often speak the loudest, so Ai sees this and plucks data points that most closely match the users intended response.

AI is an echo chamber that only functions to reinforce your own existing biases

12 Likes

That’s crazy when the piece of technology that’s designed to reword things that people have already written rewords what people have already written

8 Likes

I see your boycott is going well.

1 Like

Tell me you dont know what AI does without telling me you dont know what AI does. I partially blame the media and companies as it is not really AI but a subset of AI called Machine Learning that has taken off and I think that name would better explain what is happening but is less exciting sounding.

1 Like

I can go lead an AI into responding to the idea that 2+2 is indeed 5.

… want me to post that? It’s about as relevant.

4 Likes

There’s a video where some guy proves to an AI that God exists lol.

1 Like

I mean, you didn’t really ask it a question, you told it something and then asked it to provide you an answer based on that data.

Also AI isn’t as intelligent as you and others think it is. It does not actually think on its own, and just parrots back the exabytes worth of data that it’s been told in a more concise form. Most AI is actually really really stupid and needs to be trained to do a really specific task. Once you stray even a little bit from something that it doesnt have confidence about, it spits back complete garbage.

3 Likes

Funny. Sometimes I have the same experience with humans :rofl:

2 Likes

I read an article one time that I thought was really funny, but it basically was talking about how often times when a human doesn’t know something, they try to come up with an answer even if they’re unsure it’s true, and how someone who’s actually wise is able to recognize what they don’t know and tell you that. But AI won’t do that (unless you trigger the specific keywords/topics its programmed to ignore for various reasons) and instead the confidence level on the answer just hits an absurdly low point to where it will literally just make up whatever it wants from whatever various sources its been provided in an attempt to give you an answer. And it’s really dangerous because it becomes difficult or even impossible for a normal user to understand that it did that. Point of the article being, though, that the current generation of AI we have essentially has no actual wisdom or real intelligence.

1 Like

I am a great enjoyer of it’s interpretation of things we take for granted in incredibly disturbing ways.

The “draw a picture of an anime girl eating ramen” meme where it of course didn’t have any sort of understanding of “eat” beyond the other pictures of people shoving things in their mouths with their hands… so it made these:

4 Likes

Roadhogtime 2024 milestones:

• Insulting everyone that doesn’t agree with him :fire::shushing_face::shushing_face:

• Trying to start a boycott movement and failing :pensive::-1:

• Suggesting even worse balance changes than what we currently have :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::kiss:

• Getting AI on board to boycott the game :robot::tongue:

3 Likes

she’s kinda hot though ngl

2 Likes

Idk why AI always messes up drawing hands

She a 10 but she eats noodles like this:

4 Likes

It’s gotten much better… but finger positions and rendering are VERY diverse and inconsistent, so since it’s still basically smushing hundreds of thousands of pieces of art together, it’s gonna come out very weird. You can eliminate a lot of the weirdness by giving it a style to stick to though.

1 Like

wow she’s greedy as hell too! her plate is untouched and it looks like she grabbed someone else’s food

You could be using AI to script an entire game for you that can topple Overwatch but instead you ask it questions that the devs will not listen to anyways, lol.

Bag fumbler.