I am worried that I might get banned for having RIOT VANGUARD

Hello, I got into the valorant beta, and ever since I installed vanguard I have been getting 1 second stutters every 10-15 minutes in overwatch + general computing.

I isolated it to vanguard because the stuttering stops when it is uninstalled. I noticed the stutters because they were the same stutters I got in the valorant practice range. Oddly enough, my game never stuttered when I was in an actual valorant game (vanguard’s drivers were all running properly during an actual game).

I know this is not overwatch related, and I already sent a ticket to riot support a few days ago. However, I was reading a thread where a Mercy main was banned for cheating and they claimed all they installed was vanguard (could of lied, I would do a detailed review of this person’s ban)

Mercy main, banned I need your help - #29 by Matsy-21502 Scroll down and they say all they did recently was install valorant (which forces a kernel driver anti-cheat known as vanguard that is constantly active).

In the future, if I (and many others tbh including popular streamers like XQC who have vanguard) gets banned because of vanguard, will it be reviewed and lifted?

Hey AdderallBoy,

Valorant/Vanguard isn’t our product, so any incompatibility issues would need to go through Riot. As for whether or not it’s bannable, as long as it’s not automating things in game or providing an unfair advantage, it should be fine. Your best bet would be to just not have anything you’re worried about running while playing the game. I can’t speak to what happened with that other account, but just having something installed isn’t a problem. It’s whether or not it’s running and interacting with our game.

You’ll want to continue working with Riot on this since there’s a performance issue.

2 Likes