I am down 600 Sr this season

Literally 1600 now is harder than 2200 was last season. Seriously what is the deal?

1 Like

The playerbase is constantly improving. If you stay at the same SR, you are improving at approximately the same rate as the rest of the playerbase. If you fall, you are not improving as quickly, and vice-versa for climbing.

5 Likes

600 sr dropoff in a matter of weeks is a HUGE drop off.

4 Likes

I also found it incredibly difficult to maintain what was easy to hold in all previous seasons. I’ve never been paired with so many people having no clue at how to switch, how to focus damage, how to heal, how to survive, organize, etc. The opponent teams ? They’re perfectly fine at the game.

Either something changed in the matchmaker algorythm, either smurfes have doubled. (and now hold the former “normal” spot)

5 Likes

You’re probably just getting unlucky games. Once you manage to win a few in a row the matchmaker should reward you with a huge boost. 1000 SR is the new 600 SR with all of the trolls, smurfs, and boosted animals these days. I personally can float anywhere from low gold to low diamond depending on the matchmaker’s mood.

2 Likes

term is surprisingly appropriate; did they accidently create an AI :stuck_out_tongue:

Do you continue into a losing streak? Personally, I take a break after losing 2 in a row. I play worse once I start to get tilted. I might come back later and try again with a refreshed mindset.

2 Likes

the influx of new accounts
under level 100 in comp
from the 12 Dolla Smurf Sale
(Humble Bundle offering ow basic for 12 bucks)

Season $12 Dollar Smurf

Lead Us Into Season 13
Throw Like A Ho Ho Ho (Account Is Disposable To Most)

I found that if you get an alt you won’t be as tilted when losing games as if you were playing on your main. It actually makes the game enjoyable

I dropped 600 SR in a day once. Stop playing on loss streaks. Stop playing while tilted.

I’d say maybe consider that changing meta’s impacts how effective you are, but does 2000SR even have a meta?

3 Likes

yeah 2000 Sr goes like this

Dps
junkrat
reaper
pharah

Tanks
rein (he is a pretty much must pick ladder wide)
dva
hog

Supports
All are played heavily. But mainly brig and moira

No but everyone likes to think that your suppose to but you can play whatever you want

1 Like

I have seen lots of goats even in gold this season., It’s really sad that the meta has fallen that low.

NEvermind that goats is boring as all hell.

Goats is easy to punish at lower ranks because the lower ranks don’t know how to do the things that make goats strong. They just see the pros running deathball comps and clashing into each other with one side coming out on top.

The well timed brig stuns are random… they don’t open up rien shatters. Zarya’s wasted their bubbles and wasted bubbles aren’t punished. Ana’s can’t hit all their shots. The group often gets split up and doesn’t get the benefit of the aoe heals.

Dive is really strong on ladder against low level goats because the Brig is often far up with the rein allowing the backline to be dove and no one peels.

Don’t be a meta slave and you’ll climb.

1 Like

Although yes dive can work around brig the issue is brig’s skill floor is so laughably low that flankers are just not touched in low elo anymore. It used to be that back in the day tracers and genji in lower elo had decent mechanics but ZERO game sense.

Those same players dont have the vision to work around brig. Their poor game sense hampers them against a hero that literally just has to press w to get value.

I hate goats it so damn boring.

Read this thread. Pretty good mathematical proof from a PhD student that the system is inherently designed to derank you overtime…

Also, smurf accounts rampant making a lot of power creep exist in lower tiers. Competitive rank system has been botched since like season 5…

As if dude I can sweat my a** off and only have a 50% winrate at 3300 on this account but softthrow on another at 3100 and still climb.
Its simply not a working system what you are talking about is the difference between the top 10% now compared to top 10% 5 seasons ago. Low elo is always bad thats why its low elo.

Ever think maybe 3300 is the rank you’re supposed to be at?

1 Like

Blame the smurfs, they are trolling you.

That’s not a proof, it’s a theory. And it’s got more holes in it than a whac-a-mole game.