I already miss Mercy being banned

No, no and again, no.
Remove her DB? Just because a group of people doesn’t know how to handle Mercy pocketing a Sniper?
No.

I hardly disagree. I do agree with the fact that her heal should be looked at, but giving up on her DB?
No.

8 Likes

Look I have been playing mercy since the game came out. At this point all I want is to actually heal my team as mercy instead of having to swap moira to win

Agreed. Damage boost is one of my favorite parts of her whole kit as someone who’s mained her since launch, I’d rather delete rez than damage boost. But I do want more healing too :slight_smile:

So have I and I have 1000 hours on her but that doesn’t mean we have to remove a core part of her kit and gameplay to do so. She’d be fine with a healing buff and no other changes, don’t have to remove damage boost to do it. Or remove rez instead but not damage boost.

7 Likes

You got the guts :rofl:

Agreed. Everyone should stop saying ‘‘Remove X/it from the game’’
Blizzard won’t.
Thank you.

5 Likes

Especially when literally several months ago Geoff explicitly said:

and some people think they’re gonna remove it? rofl

8 Likes

I don’t understand why people think it would help mercy.

I’m explicitly not fond of mercy, and I don’t like her character. But… Why someone thinks making her heal beam her focus is why she is or ever has been an asset is…beyond me.

I guess I also don’t understand why you would want anything net removed from a hero.or changed to explicitly pull from another hero…

You want a strong heal beam only woman who can multi heal allies and still be slippery af?..

Dude

.that’s Moira :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes: just ask blizzard to switch moira’s and Mercy’s kit and admit you like Moira kit but you love Mercy’s model.

Because it’s clear to me…you don’t actually like what mercy brings if you think dmg boost is bad :joy::joy:

4 Likes

We should just remove Doomfist/Mei XD

Damage boost is hands down the worst mechanic in the game.

It unbalances characters, and on top makes a submissive slave on a chain out of Mercy. If I could get rid of one mechanic its that, its more cancerous than Moira’s drain.

Me neither. Supports in this game are strong due to utility and healing, if you only give Mercy healing then she’s just…boring and useless? Moira only works with no utility because she has damage output and a crap load of heals, although I wish she had some cool utility too :confused:

OOP :face_with_hand_over_mouth: You didnt have to snap that hard. Lowkey though wonder what would happen if Moira if made more “conventionally” attractive with her OW2 model rofl, wonder if she will become the new popular healer. I hope her design is bada#% and keeps her cool persona.

3 Likes

Id like for her to keep it too, but clearly the team does not agree that her heal rate should be higher with all else the same.

They have in the past though. Mass rez was removed for a decidedly more broken option for quite some time before they gave up and just nerfed her heal rate. Sym no longer has any of her original cooldown abilities save for turrets. Torbs turret no longer upgrades and his old ult is gone, scrap also removed. Soul orbs? Gone. Blizzard has been removing things from the game for some time now.

I get what you said.
They did remove things, but not entirely (depend on what we are talking about)
I do stick to my opinion though. DM needs to stay, And it looks like it will.
Don’t trade her all ability for more heals, Because you don’t need to, Blizz can take it a bit up, But remove an ability? ah uh. I saw a thread talking about taking her heal to 60 from 50 while you are standing (Just go there he/she explains it better than me)

I do like moiras heal model, but it lacks what mercy has which is juggling. With moira i just get pure value constantly. I do not have to priotize one player over another because I can just heal them both at the same time. What I liked about mercy in the past was making on the spot decisions on who needed to be taken care of first with the wrong choice resulting in failure. I am aware its a small thing, but its the main reason I don’t like playing moira. She is just too easy to do well on.

I like her kit heal only focus. I would like her to have a "utility* through heals though. I always wanted her to have an answer to big pushes.

“Unmitigated heals” to activate as a “mode” where Moira cannot be stopped healing via shields, matrix, or even anti.
Nothing extra added. But more times where she can find usefulness.

But I don’t like the idea of general utility because… I like archetypes. I like widow, rein (sans steadfast) and Moira because I like having thematic representations of ideas.

A heal support is good imo

I would love a "pretty " skin to counter Mercy’s devil akin for Moira.

If she had the waifu bait look on an actual angel skin with voicelines to boot… How many people would suddenly love her?

1 Like

Most of my examples are completely gone now though. Torb still has his ult but downplayed as a cooldown and the same for Mercy, but aside from that all of what I said is straight up not in the game anymore at all. I would like to keep her damage beam too, but as I said in response to another person blizzard clearly has no intention of upping her heals without changes elsewhere or they would have done so already. IMO having rez as a cooldown was what needed to be addressed but I think that because they were insistent on not removing it they just nerfed her heal rate to gurantee her pickrate and viability to drop despite how good cooldown rez is.

Sure, if we get a healing output of 60 - 65hps and and a resurrect cast time reduction to 1s + a second charge during valk then yes (this is a joke btw)

Dont be ridiculous, damage boost is the only thing that makes valk somewhat useful (and going full Battel Angel)

So just nerf it to 20% or something. But also, her damage boost stats were pretty low when she had 60 HPS because she was used as a main healer and couldn’t afford to hard pocket all game.

Like really, the amount of damage boost on average has gone up SO much for Mercy players since the HPS nerf since she’s played like an off healer now.

Season 9, with current Mercy but 60 HPS, I had 11,533 avg healing per 10 minutes and 724 avg damage amped per 10.

Now, with 50 HPS in season 15 I had 9,523 avg healing per 10 min and 1,411 avg damae amped per 10.

The gap gets even worse in Season 18, where I had 8,323 avg healing per 10 min and 2,000 damage amped per 10 min.

I don’t think the Devs realize that the HPS nerf has made Mercy more and more become less utilized as a healer and more utilized as a pocket bot for certain heroes. When she had 60 HPS her damage boost wasn’t a heavy issue because she was a main healer with Zen or Lucio and didn’t have time to pocket so much. Now you run her with Ana just to pocket.

Same.

Me too, I like those designs you drew up and would love a casual skin for her too tbh!

1 Like

I agree that her damage would be used less if she could actually heal, but blizzard has made odd decisions with mercy despite the data in the past. Mass rez itself being an interesting one, as she was an Ftier pick at the time. The other supports just had more to offer and their ults were just plain better. Despite this it was deemed too strong anyway and then ironically she became a must pick for some time. I just have little faith in blizzard at this point to handle mercy properly. If they could she would have been corrected already but its going on what 2 years almost now that she has been just sort of bad? I’m just ready to actually be able to keep my team alive regardless of what it costs to go back to that.

The fact that you plug in your threads in anything related to it should make me annoyed, but it doesn’t for some reason… Maybe its because you actually have pretty good ideas :thinking: