I’m working on a Bastion Rework

Sure! It’s in a decent spot right now. I will post a code here and probably make a new thread as well when it is ready.

1 Like

I’ve got my Switch on standby lol, I love using it to quickly jump on and test Workshop games

It’s late here, and I need to get some rest - but I can comfortably say it will be ready by tomorrow. I already have all the tech ready and it’s more of a situation of “I don’t want to release this as it is because my code organization is godawful.”

I legit have like 10 rules just titled “rule 4” in the workshop XD

1 Like

Well yeah lol no rush in the slightest. Maybe sorting things out would help lol. And some rest too

It’s organized chaos. I know which rule rule 4 is because I copy pasted a rule a bunch of times and edited it. I can understand it but someone looking at it would think I just pressed “add rule” 15 times and called it a day.

1 Like

I mean I have no idea how to even use the Workshop anyway lol so guess what you’re doing better than I would

Okay, so I’m still not quite done, but I added something, and I’d like to see what you think:

Sentry form is now on a resource, and that resource is the same as the Self-repair resource. It consumes it very slowly, and when it’s depleted, he’s reverted back to his recon mode. He cannot transform back until the resource has regenerated 40% or more of the total.

I did this to make bunker comps less effective and encourage movement more. If bastion uses all of his resource to stay in sentry, he now has used up any resource he could have to escape (via his speed boost during self repair).

I wanted to talk about this idea before moving into the final stage in case you wouldn’t agree with it or enjoy it. I don’t want to hurt the overall enjoyment of the hero and thought it would be important to ask.

While I see what you are going for (intense resource management) I see two problems with putting Configuration: Sentry on a resource meter.

1. This is basically the death sentence for Bastion. Just bait the poor fellow into setting up, and have him burn his resource. Then he’s toast. Even more so if it shares the same meter as Self-Repair.

2. This would further push the “feast or famine” playstyle that plagues the existence of Bastion. It’s all or nothing, and if Sentry gets no or little value, it just ends up killing you because you’re forced into your less damaging state.

All in all, it is not an unheard of idea, but it is one I generally disagree with.

1 Like

Nice - throw it on the stack.

Okay. It was more of an experiment than an idea I agreed with, and I’m glad you spoke up. I won’t include it in the final version.

(Also gonna need you to reply again for me to put in the code for a new reply.)

1 Like

wait whats the argument? are u saying bastion isnt niche

This is nice and all but it means nothing because Blizzard already said they aren’t doing anymore big reworks.

Also Blizzard almost never takes ideas from the community and uses them.

Oops, two hours late… sorry!

All good. Still working on it… sorry, but it might take another day. Sorry to keep you waiting, but I want to make sure everything’s right.

I’m not asking them to. This is just purely for the sake of fun, and probably wouldn’t solve all of the problems I listed very well. Just some ideas I can put together with the workshop.

1 Like

Oh, take all the time you need. You can’t rush art, after all.

1 Like

Frankly, while it is a very nice attempt at fixing these issues, I have to agree with my friend here.

(As someone who has reviewed many a Bastion rework) Limiting Sentry is simply not a concept that I see working.

1 Like

Here’s the link to the post!

You’ll see that I have since made some changes. Let me know what you think!

1 Like