HP bars for your team

Coming from WOW, I have never really understood why there isn’t a quick glance way to see the HP for your team in the UI. Especially, if you play Support, it just makes sense to have that information. Instead, you have to look around behind you for the widow just to check her HP. I have always found that to be clunky.

17 Likes

If you’re a healer then you can see their shading change color from green to red based on their health percentage. Other than that, it is a UI feature in spectator mode, so maybe they’ll add it into gameplay one day.

2 Likes

[EDIT: I misread the OP, so ignore this post]

I was saying this a long time ago, as a support main I desperately need a UI fro HP bars

4 Likes

RIGHT?!? PvE had this function, I wish we could toggle it in the actual game too!

10 Likes

[EDIT: I misread the OP, so ignore this post]

If only there was a way to see others HP bars, and not Wonder if that’s green or blue is 100%.

Octo without the 24? This ain’t right.

1 Like

You’re not alone, OP. Here, allow me to back that up by linking this other thread asking for the same thing that has over one thousand blue hearts.

3 Likes

I’d assume they left it out bc awareness is intended to be a skill supports practice. Also, communication is intended to be a skill everyone practices.

1 Like

Reading comprehension: 0

5 Likes

they should have a setting in the menu to turn it on and have it be on top like in replay but only for your team

valorant has very good example of how it should be done

I also thought about a radar that shows where your team is. This can be combined with health per team member. Useful for supports and also tanks, as you know whats happening behind you. (Without awkwardly looking around)

Yeah, I misread the OP, so I’ll edit my posts.

The UI bars we have for PVE missions are nice.

I guess they didn’t want it then 'cause 6 players would have cluttered the screen (in terms of visibility) but since it’s 5v5, I guess I wouldn’t see the issue (and it would be just 4 bars like in PVE, if the game doesn’t show yours).

The UI bars viewers see during online tournaments are good too.

Overwatch has become so Deathmatch-y that I wonder if a Health bar to each player visible for all at the top of their screen would make selfish players peel for their teammates for once :sweat_smile:… Optimistic, pretty much, huh ?

I play Valorant and the mini-map is pretty useful. I sometimes get confused when I play Overwatch and I look for the minimap but there’s none, haha.

A mini-map could have its use, especially in Push.