How would you fix Bastion

Because I literally have no idea. I thought of a meter like DM for sentry which would allow for some buffs to it and charges by shooting people in recon. But that might be UP. I think headshots in Sentry are not coming back, due to them wanting him to be a tank buster. So how would you fix him?

1 Like

Ironclad:

Removed as passive

Sentry:

Spread reduced by 33%

Headshots added

Self repair:

Now provides a 20% damage reduction

Tank:

Now provides 150 extra armour upon activation

2 Likes

I think they should perhaps experiment with his tank form becoming a non lethal fast movement ability on e maybe to get him into a fight quickly. His ult could be a long range explosive strike or something that increases his damage for a certain amount of time. Perhaps incendiary rounds that negate healing for three to 5 seconds. Though keep in mind this is what i would like to see if he were to reworked which i do think he might be. Also reduce his spread in sentry mode

3 Likes

Yep thats where i got the idea.i couldn’t remember the name of the post so thanks for linking it

Ah, we’ll I got it from that Bastion 3.0 post.

Was the most interesting concept out of it.

Yep thats the one i was referencing i believe. bastion does seem really hard to balance tho because of his damage output if he can set up

This is a huge change as in 33% decrease on spread makes it VERY thin. Sombra’s 10% decrease made a big difference so maybe 10-17% would be fine.

yeah they want him to be a barrier buster and even if they did add them, the spread buff you suggested would make him able to snipe hs really easily and would be too much damage.

this would be fine with a smaller percentage.

yes if it goes away when it ends

I was just gonna say give him rockets a la tf2 turret (maybe some big armor/shield bonus during), but that also works.

What I just gave you was old sentry, old tank(the armour goes away) combined with new recon and new self repair(I added the damage reduction cause IC needs to go somewhere, think Hog’s self heal)

He was weak before and is weak now, so maybe a combination of both would fix him.

The spread angle would be the size of shield bashes hit box for comparison.

1 Like

I would leave bastion exactly as is and give him a cannon shot ability that does 200 damage, the same as his tank mode.

The shot would insta fire with no delay, similar to soilder 76 helix rockets. The cannon shot would be available in only sentry form as to not make the recon to OP.

Any improvement in his sentry firing would bring back the whiners and grievers from the old days who said bastion was OP (he was not) because they wanted to rush him head on.

The Cannon shot would be great, because it is not a sustained attack and can shut down peek-a-boo attacks, ala pharah, mcree, widow, hanzo, soilder. Plus it can provide a boost of damage when bastion is focusing on a tank.

I can see this also giving him the upper hand against charging Reinhard, Bubbeled Zarya, Orisia Sheilded. Potentially evening the ods against Roadhog, although Hog will probably win most of the time; still better than what it is now where hog can literally stroll straight at you with no worries.

Bastion is already very good against winston, and hammond so their lives would be more miserable. I also think Briggitte will avoid him, and doomfist would be in big trouble.

His hard counters like phara, genji would be not be effective, if anything genji could destroy him even faster with a cannon deflect.

Ohh and the cannon shot would be on a 6-8 sec cool down.

I’m very partial to the idea of a rework that puts a heavily nerfed (but speed heavily buffed) tank mode on E, giving Bastion an escape ability on his defensive E.
His ut would become a passive thing I call INcidindiary blast, it’s a small explosion of about 150 Damage that then spreads a fire effect over a large area (think a mei ult) that does 50 DPS to any enemy standing on it.

Turret mode : give him his old spreading back. But instead of blasting the whole magazine while holding LMB, he will burst fire 7 bullets at once, delay 0.5-0.7 seconds, another 7 burst, repeat… This way player grant greater reward at higher risk --> need higher skills

Tank mode : can’t be CC’ed, his movement will push enemy aside (a small knockback), quicker activation animation

The 33% decrease would put him at 2°, which is the same as Hammond’s maximum spread, and it’s the same as Bastion’s old maximum spread (he started smaller, but bloomed up to 2°, which wouldn’t happen with a constant 2° angle). Sombra’s spread helped a little, but you also have to note that she has invisibility and legs. She can move closer to the target to negate her spread. Bastion can’t (unless you want to tell me to run at people in Recon mode, and then do a 1 second transformation in their face… that’s not happening). He needs the lower spread because he’s stationary. I’d also like to note that his rework increased his spread by 50% (though reducing it by 33% would restore it to where it was because math. 2 * 1.5 = 3 and 3 * 0.33 = 2)…

His one job is supposed to be barrier busting…? He’s not supposed to kill? You understand how dumb of a job that is, yes? Especially since Sombra can just hack the Rein, and her team can shoot him…

He has 20% damage reduction for a maximum of 4 seconds on a 7 second cooldown, and he can’t shoot while it’s active…

Yes, the armor goes away, just like old Tank mode.

1 Like

If I were to change him, I’d do this:

Ironclad rework
  • Configuration Sentry
    • Reduce maximum spread to 2° (Currently 3°)
    • Bloom added to weapon
      • Initial accuracy of 1.25°, bloom starts after 0.3 seconds of continuous fire
      • Reaches 2° after 0.3 seconds of additional continuous fire
    • Headshots added
    • Ammo count reduced to 200 (Currently 300)
  • Ironclad
    • Damage resistance removed
    • Now allows Bastion’s self-repair to over-heal him with 75 armor
    • This armor cannot be healed by other healers, only Bastion
      • The over-heal is “orange” armor, similar to Torb’s armor packs
  • Self-repair
    • No longer consumes resources when it cannot heal Bastion
    • Startup delay reduced to 0.1 seconds (Currently 0.5 seconds)
    • Able to reload while repairing
    • Healing resource increased by 25%
      • Allows for 375 healing (Currently 300)
  • Configuration Tank
    • No self damage
      • Still applies the same self knockback, but does 0 damage to Bastion
    • Tread sounds reduced slightly
    • Adds 75 normal armor
    • Instantly applies 75 Ironclad armor (in addition to the normal armor)

Or just remove Ironclad all together (with the other buffs), whichever one works… Passive damage resistance is nearly impossible to balance around, it’s way too strong.

Honestly, I prefer fighting the new sentry form, over the old one. I still don’t really enjoy fighting bastion but with no head-shots means he can’t delete tanks in less than half a second. The rest would be fine if it was slightly changed number-wise

that would be alright if the angle was like that maybe a teeny bit bigger

If you changed headshots to a 1.5x multiplier, then you would need to bring up the self repair damage resist to 25%.

Remember, he was weak when he had each of these things separately, so together they may balance him.

I mean, it might be easier to fight, but the new Sentry feels awful to play… So much of his damage is locked behind RNG, it just feels awful. Just reducing his spread back to what it was would make him feel so much better, headshots would be nice, but I don’t think they’re strictly needed

The current state of Bastion, folks.