How would YOU buff Reaper or Mei?

So, the primary fire will spread, or will be like a cone? Can’t wait to see, i’m too courious :3

Also could you take a look to this thread (https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/mei-gathread-new-forum-but-nothing-will-stop-us/243)? Is there something useful there? Thanks

This is how I would buff Mei and Reaper:

Nerf Junkrat – that is all.

I wish they did hints like this more often​:grinning::turtle:
Stay Positive
Eat Brownies
Generic Toast

Perhaps make her ult like Zaryas?
No movement or invincibility abilities in the ults effective range.

Mei lack of damage reason why she is not viable. Damage buff to hers left click and speed buff to hers right click.
Right now its 45dmg/s for left click - 90dmg/s for right click. For comparison Tracer has 240dmg/s with that insane mobility lol. Additionally spraying floor movement speed is a good idea.

For Reaper: Little buff for both falloff range and spread + armor piercing and rework for both wraith and shadow step. Shadow step is really dead skill. Wraith mode can get some of moira fade skill. For compensate this buffs little nerf to his damage is ok.

Reaper has insane damage but he is completely useless even mid range. Tracer vs Reaper is like joke. Reaper has 2 useless abilities like wraith and shadow step. Reaper has tank hitbox.

Copied from the Mei-gathread:

Lack of damage true but lack of sustain ? no. Actually im ok with 200hp if they gave more damage for both primary and secondary fire.

Zarya:
Energy decay per second 2 > 0.5
Secondary fire ammo consumption 25 > 20
Energy gives shield for Zarya(max 100)

Roadhog:
Ammo count 5 > 7

Reinhardt:
Shield 2000 > 2500

Reaper:
Armor does not affect Reaper’s damage.
Falloff range 11 to 20 meters > 15 to 30 meters
Wraith form now cancelable
Targeting with Shadow step is more consistent now.
Shadow step casting time 2.5 seconds > 2 seconds (%30 dmg reduction while teleporting)

Mei:
Primary fire damage 45 > 60 now slows multiple target but freeze one target

Ana:
Ammo count 10 > 12

Pharah:
No self damage anymore (Like Junkrat)

Torbjorn:
Grappling hook or wall climb.
There is no level 1 turret now.
Level 2 turret cast time 4 seconds.
Forge hammer heal per hit 50 > 70

Possible things for Mei:

• Freezing multiple enemies like you already said
  • Longer range
  • Spraying the ground with primary fire makes you go faster walking over it because it’s slippery
  • Slowing enemies down deactivates movement abilities or makes them weaker
  • Change the secondary fire from click > it charges > shoot to click > shoot > recharge. I think she’s the only character that doesn’t shoot immediately upon clicking, that messes with my head. Or make it an actual charge shot aka. holding rmb charges the icicle up and stores it, letting go shoots.

So… a mini ultimate on primary attack? This will end well xd

1 Like

I would buff Reaper by…
Giving him more lifesteal. Adding damage reduction when teleporting by 50% like roadhog when he heals.

Mei I would give a new passive. Based on the frist mage in WoW. Ice ball your long range explodes on impact snaring the target (or if it hits a shield or other surface) an area around it for 25-50 reduced movement speed. Movement is op right now we need heroes to counter it.

Considering their buff ideas are in order to counter tanks I think there’s a very specific idea in their mind.

If you ask me, reaper is supposed to be a tank shredder but almost all tanks, and now with Brigitte, all teammates have between 75 and 150armor almost at all times making reaper close to uneffective. His melee eill soondeal more damage than his guns.

So either reaper’s gun will start ignoring armor. Or his shots will change in orde to be considered a clump instead of 58 pellets. That way armor will less affect his gun. Admitted I would like to see a little QoL changes to his TP but yeah, remains to be seen!

For Mei I actually don’t know. I didn’t eypect they wanted her to counter Tanks. Or maybe it’s not specifically tank but rather deathball comps they want her to counter.

I thought she was designed to counter flankers and high mobile targets but ot seems to have become the opposite. If it’s deathball, making her primary pierce and hit multiple enemies would really give her a ton of potential. But what she needs as a buff is the zarya buff: her ult is easily eaten and canceled out. The very least they could do foe Mei is to block all mobility abilities for heroes inside the ult. Like they did with zarya. Zarya’s ult was considered trash because half the cast could get out of it. Well same goes for Mei.

It is.
14characters

I don’t play Reaper but Mei is one of my mains so I think I could give some perspective having played over a dozen hours on her.

I think Mei’s damage is pretty fine and I don’t want them to touch it. Any more damage would push her into OP territory.

That being said, Mei’s reload is an issue. Mei uses too much ammo and is probably one of the most reload heavy characters I’ve played. It sucks when the enemy is moving around wildly and you finally land a freeze only to have no ammo for icicle shot and then you have to reload in which case they have thawed and you miss your chance.

So because of that, I believe Mei should get an increase in ammo (maybe 50?) or Icicle Shot should be decreased to 10 instead of 20.

Another Mei issue is I feel like she could be slightly more mobile. I like the OP’s idea of spraying the floor to allow her increased movement speed - that’s hysterical! Though I’d take it one step further: what if her ice on the ground causes traction issues for enemies? Like if an enemy steps on an icy patch of ground what if their movement was slippery? That would be cool.

The only other thing I can think of is Icicle’s short animation lag: that could be a bit quicker.

Otherwise in terms of damage, survivability, etc. Mei is fine. I’d just like to see the ammo situation addressed and hopefully rectified.

Edit: I think her ice wall should NOT be climbable by enemies / junkrat wheel.

Edit 2: ALSO FOR THE LOVE OF GOD - her ultimate has so many clipping issues. I.E. if you throw it the wrong way it’ll be eaten up by the environment. Please fix.

Reaper
-increase his leech to 25% (up from 20%)
-Remove Shadow Step, make Wraith form fly. (Also, reduce the speed on Wraith form, so it’s actually slower than default running).

Although it would definitely make her strong, I think it could make slow characters even more miserable…results in more reasons to only pick heroes with mobility.

I hope the buff would strengthen further her ability to counter high mobility targets.

For mei a projectile speed increase and less delay on ult activation.

Make walls unclimbable.

For reaper less delay on both ends of shadow step, give Wrath form small regeneration.

1 Like

You know what mei really lacks? DPS
Her RMB is too slow to fire and the only projectile in the game with fall off damage…
Her LMB is too weak.

Yes! Very anti tank deathball.

Please make it function like moiras primary fire.