How to potentially save Overwatch

We all Love and Hate Overwatch.

It can be the greatest game when both teams are good and the worst when you are getting rolled.

Anyways let’s get started

#1 - A better anti cheat system. This one is self explanatory facing hackers isn’t fun in any game and in Overwatch it really punishes you for it.

#2 Add aim assist to crossplay and allow PC players to opt out of it. I’m pretty sure this will make everyone happy.

#3 Add guides for new players so they are overall better and more people are happy.

You can ask your content creators like Gameleap, Blizzard Guides, Emmong and others for help. Or even older ones like Timthetatman or Xqc.

#4 Ask your pros and casuals how they feel about current hero balance and what heroes need changes. Also when new heroes are in the PTR make sure to ask your pros how they feel about the hero balance.

#5 Change the medal system to the OWL system. The new stats should show

Final Blows, Hero Damage, Healing, Weapon Accuarcy, Deaths.

#6 Update the game every 2 or 3 weeks and make it consistent. Also give polls to players in game on which characters do they think need nerfs or buffs and make 1 for diamond and under and 1 for masters and above.

#7 Rework characters who are extremely niche to actually be good.

While I hate to be mean, niche characters are usually easy with some exceptions so make sure heroes like Bastion, Symmetra and maybe even Torb get reworked and increase their skill floor.

#8 Try to add new maps and heroes semi consistent and again allow players to give their feedback. Maybe 2 - 4 maps and 2 - 4 heroes each year would be a good start.

#9 Make the Nintendo Switch frame rate more consistent.

#10 Add an unranked mode to the game.

Add anymore that you guys would like

its like you haven’t even considered OW doesn’t need saving, im pretty sure its going to be just fine.

all of those things are already tracked or rewarded with medals so idk what you are talking about

so you mean remove what makes OW special? removing niche heros would turn the game into a bland boring mess.

there is QP and arcade, they provide many unranked modes

1 Like

With a competitive rule set

I don’t think they even have talked about with other multiplayer game devs like Apex or Riot to deal with smurfing or improve the game. Like League has tournament competitive which is so much fun and interesting. BUT MAYBE IN OW2 FeelsGoodMan

Sure, though for now, there are plenty of amateur tournaments you can play in. And they definitely are a lot of fun, but you need to be prepared to play with the same people over and over and actually learn how to play the game. Cause yeah, solo queue doesn’t teach you anything.

I made a post about some minor issues that would be nice adding / fixing in Overwatch.
If you guys are interested, I tried my best to make it as clear as I possibly could. Here it is: [Please Read] Quality of Life Updates / A nitpicking thread

I don’t mean like that. I mean there is a gamemode which is like a tournament based. That can any player play

Id honestly cancel OW2, and instead turn it into a massive expansion with idk 6 new heroes, 4 new maps, new game modes, new skins you can buy with coins, and tons of new stuff.

Like jezz just give us content for the base game, you know, the one we are playing right now whi on earth are they developing a PVE campaing when OW is a competitive multiplayer franchise??? :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

Please do not outsource development decisions to an entire community. People, as a whole, are idiots. I’d rather have a small group of experienced game devs working on it.

So QP but longer games. That is a very very niche mode because its basically a longer version of something that already exists.

Torb is perfectly fine right now. He has a niche, and he does it incredibly well. And even out of his niche torbjorn is a very solid hero that can find his place in a lot of team comps.

1 Like

Oh yeah no I get it. Dunno how successful that would be though if you’re not playing with the same people on the team though.

Also the devs in the AMA said that there are no plans to have a tournament mode for awhile after launch.

That’s why I said maybe because I wasn’t sure but yeah he’s fine