How to make arcing projecitles

I’m really bad with projectiles in the workshop so i’m not sure how to do this but, how do you make projectiles arc in the workshop i know how to make one how foward but no arc like a junkrat shot. I know its kind of complicated.

1 Like

You might wanna checkout first and use trajectory formulas, either Bézier or similar Curve functions or Splines, last one might be harder to achieve. The internet is plenty filled with useful resources about them. Trajectory implies physics like gravity of course.

I’m guessing your projectile goes a bit forward every 0.01 seconds or something. (Like Junkrat shot does.)

What if you put the forward to a variable, and added a new (0,-0.01,0) to this forward variable every 0.01 seconds. Wouldn’t it start to increasingly arc down?

I gues it would but does that count as an arc or would it just go down slowly?

1 Like

No, because the downward effect compounds:
(0.5,-0.01,0)
(0.5,-0.02,0)
… after a second …
(0.5,-1.02,0)

Increase the -0.01 change to a larger negative value if it compounds too slowly.

Thats why i would recommend to check curve function to achieve an arc travel path anyways.

I dont really understand, i use chase player variable to make the projectile move and i added a thing to make the y go down but then it like goes down and goes to the right

Its not a great solution but you could do a raycast down after a short raycast. In other words, do a normal raycast hit position, (multiply facing direction of event player, and numer 6 or 7)) then use that point as the starting point for the next raycast hit oposition (the next raycast would point directly down) You could also make raycast hit positions in an arc ( i have no idea how to do that but im sure its posible)
Ill make a code for it. It should only take a minuite

Can you that would really help me out

Try this: 3CFB2

Pick any hero, and press the primary fire button.

You can change the values from the orange Workshop settings button.