How to make an actual flashbang for Mccree?

any ideas? i dont know how to make one so pretty pls?

What do you mean by “an actual flashbang”?
Is this something that blinds you?
Is it like the current flashbang and it also stuns you or something else?
Do you throw it and bounces like a junk nade?
Does it explode upon contact?
How long is the cd?
How long is the range?
Does the flash duration scale with distance?
Does the flash duration scale with how much you are looking at it?

I would help me greatly if you could detail in specific what you want.

Here is code for a flashbang that blinds whoever is hit by it. Make it a player dealt damage rule. Copy paste the conditions separately from the actions cuz idk how to properly format workshop rules onto the forums.

conditions
{
Is Using Ability 2(Event Player) == True;
Hero Of(Event Player) == Hero(McCree);
}

actions
{
Create Effect(Victim, Orb, White, Add(Eye Position(Victim), Multiply(Facing Direction Of(Victim), 0.890)), 1.100,
Visible To Position and Radius);
Set Player Variable(Event Player, A, Last Created Entity);
Create Effect(Victim, Orb, White, Add(Eye Position(Victim), Multiply(Facing Direction Of(Victim), 0.778)), 1,
Set Player Variable(Event Player, A, Append To Array(Player Variable(Event Player, A), Last Created Entity));
Create Effect(Victim, Orb, White, Add(Eye Position(Victim), Multiply(Facing Direction Of(Event Player), 0.690)), 1,
Set Player Variable(Event Player, A, Append To Array(Player Variable(Event Player, A), Last Created Entity));
Wait(5, Ignore Condition);
Destroy Effect(Value In Array(Player Variable(Event Player, A), 2));
Destroy Effect(Value In Array(Player Variable(Event Player, A), 1));
Destroy Effect(Value In Array(Player Variable(Event Player, A), 0));
}

So this code makes various white orbs in the players face. It works, of course, but the inconvenient red enemy outlines will still be visible (making the orbs red, sadly, wont help) and you have to create lost of orbs.

But there is a way to create TRUE blindness with only one orb. You simply use “Start camera” to a position outside the map and facing upwards, and then create 1 well positioned orb on top of the camera (i recommend using yellow, as the white screen may blind people for real :V ), when the effect is over, destroy the orb and use “Stop camera”.

or just make everyone else invisible when you are flashed

It depends, invisibility only work for teams (Enemy team, or both teams).
If a player from Team1 fashes someone of Team2 (and this team have more than 1 player) the entire Team1 will saty invisible for every Team2 player.

Bruh I should’ve known, I literally made a blinking script that used a similar mechanic.

I’m kinda struggling with this right now too, except I want a completely black screen and I still want to be able to hear all the surroundings.

I wonder if this could be done with a single sphere effect. I noticed that when you set a large sphere to follow a player’s position, the ground inside of the sphere turns a solid black (or whatever color your sphere is). You can set a camera to follow behind the player and look directly down. This way you still hear the nearby sounds. The only questions are whether this works on all graphics settings, and if it works the same when the sphere and custom camera are in the same position.

Anybody else have experience with this?

Personally have just put the camera a bit below ground looking face down, with a sphere/orb.

But that sphere visual thing on player position and first person camera is rather new and appeared just a few patches ago by my understanding. Been playing with other ppl with different graphics and haven’t heard complaints about it when using it on my modes.

Havent tried it with other camera positions.

You can also now a create map background colored blind effect by creating a sphere with radius over 1000 in any color. Or a short sight effect by creating a radius 1000 sphere and a smaller 10 radius black sphere after it on the same player. Visual effects of abilities and projectiles seemed to disappear after using these. But player outlines still get passed unless you disable them or recolor them to something else. Try if you can set the alpha on them to 0 if they disappear completely.

1 Like

Thanks for the ideas! I actually had no idea we could disable outlines (and nameplates/healthbars too!) so that definitely helps alot. The blind effect that only blacks out the map geometry is a little bit of a compromise since you can still make out silhouettes of players against the sky, but it’s still a pretty good effect. I like it better than spamming a bunch of glitchy black orbs in front of the camera at least.