How to I get the healing indicator?

So I’ve been playing with a friend who’s new to the game. He asked me a question that left me pretty confused. So y’know how when you look at someone, you can see their username, their HP, and a little arrow pointing down? For me that arrow is always yellow, no matter what.

One day while playing with my friend he asked me “what blue arrow mean”. I was super confused, and after he showed a clip of his gameplay. I Noticed that his yellow arrow changes to blue sometimes.

And then I realized that’s the healing indicator, the one from the DPS passive that lets you know that you’re giving less healing because someone just took damage.

I thought that was very useful, so I went into the settings to activate it, and I just can’t find it for the life of me. Does anyone know how to enable it?

1 Like

Isn’t the dps passive a purple arrow pointing down? Does your friend use colourblind settings?

3 Likes

I don’t think so?, his installation is fresh, he started this week.
I think it’s a purple arrow pointing down in your hud, but not on top of your allies. (Not counting biotic nade)

here’s a screenshot (remove the space)

imgur. com/a/kBPjxn9

notice how the players that took damage have a blue (purple arrow?) but the one in the back who didn’t take any damage has a yellow arrow

I don’t have that at all, mine just looks yellow no matter what.

He must have changed some setting, it could be that it changes colour when blocked by something standing in front of you

1 Like

That’s the DPS Passive

Many in the community asked for an indicator, and in my opinion, it would add too much visual clutter during ingame; and with no value at all when making decisions during fights

So, devs came up with the Purple Arrow looking down when under the negative healing effect for its duration

Everyones happy xD

Actually, does your friend play support? Because the health are changes colour if they are low on health, if you are on dps or tank the health at doesn’t change colour