How to get out of bronze

hello! im a d.va main who’s been stuck in bronze for a little while now. i feel that i’ve done due diligence learning my main and playing fairly well, but haven’t been able to rank out >_> i did my placement matches foolishly the second i unlocked them and ended up in bronze, but even as i improve im unable to get out. any tips?

2 Likes

Hi Crashlove!!

Welcome to the forums!! If you’d be kind enough to post a couple replays, someone might be able to take a look and try to find some consistent mistakes you’re making.

But in general, lower your sensitivity if you can, as this will help you track better, and also try to save your boosters for escape when you’re about 1/2 health you want to disengage for heals.

5 Likes

Welcome to the forums!

You have to be silver or gold to rank out of bronze. That sounds pretty obvious, but it takes a lot of sacrifice and dedication to (actually) rank up regardless of your skill rating. Posting replays and getting critique will help. There are also coaches out there in the LFG section of these forums that might be willing to give you more hands on training.

You basically have to play a specific way and do it very consistently, unlearning bad habits and building better ones. From what I hear after gold you have to relearn everything to rank up further. Best of luck out there!

3 Likes

without seeing gameplay, off the top of my head, the most common things i can think of that might affect dva players the most around those ranks:

• getting demech’d too often (often because of poor booster usage)
  • not eating enough high value abilities (dynamite, firestrikes, stickies, anti nades, sleep darts)
  • being too passive/not taking duels that you should be able to win/not winning those duels
  • standing in spam lanes too much/eating too much damage (this one happens a LOT in bronze/silver)
  • poor highground control (also happens a lot in bronze/silver)

if you dont want to post codes for people to look at here, you can also try sending one to emcee on twitch. he’s one of the only people i know that still does reviews daily for all ranks and roles, for free. he streams them, but his community is really nice and hes good about picking out your strengths and letting you know about missing fundamentals. you can probably pick up a bit from his reviews of other players too

4 Likes

You have to find a team , you can’t hard carry out.

I’ve 5v1 the enemy team standing on a point solo.

While my team refuse to push past the hanamura Gate because of one tracer.

Or the hog, mcree, 76, ana, mercy 5v1 other mcree that all died to him because they couldn’t out put any damage or healing , sleep dart ECT , and blamed me for not being there to sheild

1 Like

I got to diamond on D.Va. I’ve never been in bronze, but I’ve been in silver.

Since it is bronze I’m going to assume awareness is very poor. So you could probably get away with flanking and killing a support or dps. If needed fly back to your team. If not then keep killing them. Otherwise, look for opportunities to dive isolated or vulnerable targets.

If that doesn’t work, try taking a different path than normal. Shoot enemies at an angle that makes them turn away from your team. But don’t overstay your welcome. Get out if shot at. This is making space because the enemy are shooting you instead of your team. Wait until you farm ult, then fly into the face of someone you could easily kill. If you get demeched then use the bomb. This does a few things

1. Helps you get a kill without dying
  2. Makes space
  3. Possibly get more kills with bomb

But I’m sure you could have success by just throwing the bomb into the enemy team as well. Though that isn’t as consistent and you need to keep track of enemy positioning and cooldowns to block or escape it before throwing it. If a slow character like Ana or zen are out in the open it is probably a free kill.

I think you could just play as aggressive as you can and be ok. Just don’t fly straight into 6 enemies. Try to use cover to close in the distance or come from an angle. Flying straight at the whole team is suicide.

If there is a good tracer, just make it your goal to eat all her bullets. She won’t be able to kill things and you’ll probably eat pulse without trying. But if your team can’t do anything even though you are making their tracer useless, then give up and try to get kills/make space.

I could give you more detailed advice if you post a replay code.

Release boosters early to boost faster. Be aware of health packs all the the time and dont depend on support heals.
Go high ground if needed.
Flank and get easy picks if see opening.
Defense matrix…use it.
Dva bomb look for opportunities especially if team already engaged then bombs away.

If youre getting countered id recommend get familiar with 1 shield tank just incase. I recommend Sigma.

Youtube dva mains too

We have bronze/silver players in my server if you fancy grouping up and getting some ‘team play’ and further understanding :smiley:

2 Likes

Enjoy bronze, the higher you go the less fun players have

2 Likes

Been thinking about this as well. Unlike most hardsruck bronze players i know that i suck balls at the game and honestly? If i put in a lot of work my max rank would prolly be low gold like i don’t see myself getting higher than that, i kinda just wanna float around in silver but currently i’m like <500 sr on my roles lol

Playing in Top 500, I would like to completely disagree. Nothing more fun than high skill and close matches with great teamwork and comms

1 Like

Well if you have a replay code I’d love to give some tips to get you up to atleast where you’d like to be

2 Likes

aww that’s so nice of you :slight_smile: maybe at some point hah. haven’t played in a bit so i’m mad rusty

Unless you have two main healers, I would suggest you play Roadhog instead.