How to fix the game

I’m honestly intrigued to know what other people think about this.

1. Remove Wrecking Ball from competitive play and potentially introduce him into his own arcade game mode and/or keep him restricted to Quick Play. I straight up do not see how a hero like that could have ever been beneficial to the game. It would be like introducing Rocksteady’s ‘Batman’ into Dark Souls as a playable character. Whilst Hammond makes for some real fun (i.e. rolling around at the speed of sound) he does not compliment any kind of healthy, competitive play. He is a hero devoid of synergy in a game where team play is key.

2. Rework Moira completely. Whilst Moira makes more sense as a hero in Overwatch than Wrecking Ball does she is entirely flawed. She represents the epitome of ‘low risk HIGH reward.’ Moira provides incredible levels of unbalance through both the dps and support ranks. Essentially she has changed how both these roles operate. Let’s talk about her Fade first. It’s clearly supposed to be an escape ability but unlike almost all of the other escape abilities it’s unmatched in speed, ability to break line of sight and straight up damage invulnerability. However, I think it’s even more unbalanced when used offensively. Especially when in conjunction with her ultimate. I’ve seen countless Moira players Fade into the enemy team’s back line and proceed to pop coalescence. If her team decides to attack from the front at the same time this becomes almost an impossible fight to win for the attacked team. Additionally her ult is one of the fastest that you can earn, with increased movement speed, shield penetration, self healing and her already thin hitbox this makes her a nightmare. As if this wasn’t enough her secondary fire is a infinite ammo lock on life drain that instantly counters any dps or support heroes that rely on superior mobility. Her damage orb temporarily becomes almost like a 7th member of the team with fast, erratic movement speeds and the potential to kill any 200hp heroes below half health regardless of whether they are behind cover or not. Her primary fire healing is currently being nerfed on the PTR so we will have to see how that fares. She needs to be reworked so that she actually requires even just a smidge of skill to play.

3. Nerf Doomfist’s one shot potential. Doomfist is a cool hero, let’s be honest here. But the low risk, one shot potential he brings is unhealthy. The immense damage output he offers players for relatively low risk and relatively low mechanical skill is absurd. A half decent Doomfist will lay waste to your back line fight after fight with very little counter play. To fix this it would be complicated. Without the level of one shot ability he currently possesses he would be garbage but that one should be up to the devs.

4. Remove Immortality Field. Bap is a nice hero, quite well balanced, fun to play etc. Except his immortality ability makes absolutely no sense. It slows down play in such an agonizing way. It should never have been introduced, and much less on a cooldown ability with no penalty for using it and no aim/skill required. Just plain silly really. Instead his E ability could maybe be used to alternate between his high damage burst fire and a low damage but low recoil automatic fire. Just an idea but point is, immortality HAS to go.

5. Nerf Sigma. If the current ptr patch goes through Sigma will actually be in a decent spot. However, his ult still needs tweaking. The ability to force C9 the enemy team is absurd. And additionally it should be a tad easier to escape from as a stationary hero as it is currently next to impossible to do so. Additionally I think it should damage for half the hero’s CURRENT health rather than half the max. With the exception of critically low targets.

6. Slightly buff Genji and Soldier. Can we get triple jump back please?? And I think soldier should be shown some love.

7. Hard MMR reset. Before the next season begins everyone’s MMR should be completely reset. And to avoid matchmaking chaos there should be a pre-placement match for each role to very roughly gauge the SR group that a player belongs to (e.g. 0 - 1500, 1501 - 2400 etc) after which placements will begin as normal.

If all of this came to pass, combined with role queue and whilst you wait I think a lot of players would come back.

No.

/20characterssss

6 Likes
  1. Rework the report system completely and actually hand out real punishments for offenders.
7 Likes

why?

asdouihasdiouahd

It’s not broken, so doesn’t need fixing.

Sure, there’s room for improvement (there likely always will be), but it’s perfectly functional as is.

Balance by removing hero’s or their kits is laughably unrealistic. People form attachment to their hero’s. Nerfing tanks and supports…and buffing dps is going to shrink support and tank roles. DPS shouldn’t be the only role that is fun or the only carry role. People being people gravitate to a perceived advantage.

1 Like

Nerf the only thing that can outplay mei/reaper/sombra , maybe start nerfing these 3 heroes before such stupid statements.

‘Perfectly functional’ YIKES… The game is dying quite fast, if it were not for OWL it would be in real danger at this point. This isn’t my opinion it’s just how stuff is.

Bugger that.
Cut all ult effectiveness by 50% making it less punishing to swap.
Win win

Ontop of actual hero balance, there seriously needs to be much stricter punishments for throwers and leavers. I’m talking like, 3 strikes and you’re banned for comp for the season.

Also, smurfs need to be dealt with. I don’t care of they’re “allowed” because they rank up naturally. Fine. Make it so you can’t DERANK. Make it so whatever rank you gain, you can’t drop down out of it BUT you don’t get any seasonal rewards if you can’t maintain it – Meaning, If you reach Diamond, you stay in Diamond but you need to maintain a positive win/loss record. Even if it’s 51%. And get rid of this nonsense of 1k SR between group members for comp. I’m sorry if your game is a dumpster fire and no one wants to play it. Make FAIRER MATCHES.

Rollback the game until just before the Sombra release, that’s the point from where it all started to go south.

3 Likes

‘Laughably unrealistic’ um how many times has Sym’s kit been redone? Mercy had her entire ult reworked, Brig got almost completely overhauled. What do all of these instances have in common? There was something that was too destructive for competitive play to work as intended. So why is it any different when it comes to immortality or Moira’s kit? I agree that straight up removing heroes is not ideal but how else do you deal with Wrecking Ball? I agree that DPS should not be the only fun role (believe me I’m an Ana main) but this is about the specifics (i.e. not roles in general). With the changes I’m talking about plus whats on the PTR I think tank and support would be just as fun as DPS. You can’t tell me that anyone with an IQ of above 15 enjoys alternating between holding right and left click on Moira for 20 mins per game…

There are 2 types of player in this game.

Those who play the First Person Shooter Overwatch, and those that play Arcade Overwatch.

The problem that causes threads like this and any other “rework/delete hero X” to appear is that in fact there is no FPS Overwatch, it died with Sombra release. It will not be back, remember it if you enjoyed it, forget about it if you thought it was boring.

Blizzard will never remove characters.

1 Like

The only way to really fix the game is get rid of some at the top and add to the bottom.

Too many chefs ruin the soup.

Oh yeah? When have they ever " deleted/removed" a hero?

It is your opinion.

If the game were in as dire straits as you’re claiming, there wouldn’t be a sequel on the way that will share a Competitive mode with the original.

The game is undoubtedly perfectly functional as is, but as I noted that doesn’t mean there isn’t room for improvement.

Funny. My duo partner and I were saying just today that the game would be a lot more fun with the Hamster gone.

Even when he’s on OUR team, he’s annoying. I’m trying to shoot at enemies and they’re bouncing all around the map like some comical parody of a video game.

I mean, congrats to Blizz for coming up with a super unique hero that might be fun to play as for a totally different experience. But in the long run, he’s so annoying that it gets old really fast.

1 Like

Good thing they dont hand out balance positions to anyone.

I didn’t say remove completely, I said ball should be removed from competitive

If they will remove at least one, all will be removed eventually. Comp will finally become Meta-mode, when you can only play as 1 or 2 characters from 3 categories that make the so-called “metas” brought to us by the OWL players and Team Jeff.