How to completely manipulate the derank system!

Here is how you manipulate the derank system.

I play in Diamond and was deranked to gold elo. Everyone playing in Gold elo was Diamond. If you were to wait a few weeks or even days, the higher ranked players will rank up and be moved out. Now you can smurf and play against lower elo players and more than likely win every game.

In reality, Blizzard gave us a legit way to smurf!
Now do I like this? No. Can the system be manipulated? Hell yes! Did Blizzard think this through?? Hell No!

21 Likes

yeah… i got some insane personal bests as moira just moving from silver5 to… bronze5, I can only imagine the hell going on all throughout all the ranks, with a bunch of higher tiers being salty and wrecking everyone else

2 Likes

All these Bronze 5 players are going to get annihilated and quit the game! Blizzard’s response: Let’s give Mercy five more bullets! LMAO

9 Likes

Yeah, the de-rank every season decision is about as bone-headed as they come. I finished this season as plat. At the beginning of the season, it placed me in bronze 5. I was smashing the crap out of them for a while. Imagine being a new player to the game and getting matched up against a platinum player.

Just absolute trash decision making on their part.

17 Likes

Why would they do this? It has to be a bug, right? There is no logic to it whatsoever.

5 Likes

It is not a bug. Just poor planning and thinking on their part.

6 Likes

Been playing since season 14, I am about to quit this game. In 3 years of playing this has never happened. Now it happens twice in 2 seasons? I can’t stand playing uncoordinated sloppy silver games. It is painful.

8 Likes

Well, I was gonna try to grind my way back into diamond this season but I guess Blizzard has other plans. Maybe it’s fitting if I just retire in silver instead. The same rank I was 5000 hours of gameplay ago when I first started playing comp in ow1. It’s a shame I apparently didn’t improve at the game at all during that time but here we are once again where it all began.

7 Likes

It is beyond frustrating. I can dominate low level games, individually, but it is still a team game so it is the same old 55% win percentage so it takes 10 hrs to go up a few ranks.

8 Likes

Yep now the only way youre going to climb back is if you manage to find a competent group of people to play with because unless you’re a top 5% Sojourn or something that can singlehandedly delete the enemy team then GG hoping that the matchmaker will evenly distribute the wood tiers on the teams so they aren’t all stacked on yours. Such a garbage garbage garbage system, I cannot say enough bad things about it or the devs pulling the strings.

5 Likes

When I play in Gold elo my win rate is around 80%. When I play in Plat it is around 60%. In Diamond it is around 50-55%.

1 Like

I know I’ve said it at least once before but I honestly feel like just throwing in the towel at this point. So tired of these endless shenanigans.

2 Likes

It doesn’t work like that, the rank you see is simply something to satisfy your eyes. It’s not how your games are determined, it doesn’t even have an impact at all.

Rank hides a number called sr which was visible to us until the end of OW1, AS IT SHOULD BE. Even if you got gold after the season started, your sr still remains the same therefore even if you’re gold you’ll still be matched with players of your sr level.

Basically Blizzard has no idea what they’re doing now that Kaplan left and they are trying to c/p league of legends. Won’t be long till you start seeing a number from 0-100 determining your progress in your current rank (LP system from league).

This game is a joke and the directors are pathetic. Sojourn still dominates every single fkin game mode and they refuse to gut her, but instead they will probably nerf genji again.

Not to mention how they fcked up the animations with this new patch, everything feels laggy.

2 Likes

Unless you’re a support main who actually wants to, you know, support. If you wait too long you’re left with only the potatoes to support and have to dps your way out again which is dumb.

3 Likes

Exactly, which ends up leveling you out for the season close to 50-55%. Why would they make you go down in rank to grind back up. Even at 70% win rate it will still take 10 games to get your first readjust. Unless you have a leaver, or a thrower. So lets say 12 games 7-5. You go up maybe two tiers. So to regain my previously earned rank I would need to play ~48 games. 15-20 hrs of my life just to get back to a rank I earned the season before.

6 Likes

Interesting, ive been lowest to the top and its always 50% no matter the rank

1 Like

it shouldnt be.

the higher you belong the more you’ll impact the match. but if your rusty because you took a long break the reason its a 50% is because you havnt gotten back to your peak skill level yet.

lol you know. not a bad way to stat pad lol

Mmr means you play the people at your skill level. Your rank doesn’t actually have you compete against your own rank. Just compete against mmr. That is why it’s so difficult to rank up at a lower rank.

Mmr is a problem I wish would go away. Especially in qp.

1 Like

In a normal game yes, but due to mmr you will always face your skill level regardless of rank. They want people stuck on that bell curve