How to change region?

Hey y’all, I’m a console player in Singapore and since around the start of the new comp season, my latency went from a constant 30 ms to a constant 100-150 ms and I’m being matched with Japanese people instead of South East Asian players. Is there a way to change my matchmaking region on console?

Not at this time, no.

Generally being matched on the wrong region would mean there is an issue with your route to the sever where you normally connect. This seems to happen a lot for SEA players, which would mean ISPs are changing their routes/network loads in that region often. The Overwatch client puts you on the server where you will get the best ping, so if you did connect to SEA, you’d probably have something over 150ms at this time. You might be able to use a VPN in your region to force a connection there and possibly bypass some of the lag.

I didn’t use a VPN but I connected to a public DNS in Singapore and the problem still persists :frowning:

The DNS may not be enough since it’s still within your country.

1 Like

I connected to a japanese DNS and my ping went from 120 to 90-100 which is good but still pretty high, may I know the location of the servers?(Nintendo switch)

Some of them are listed here:[AUS/NZ] Suddenly very high ping (300ms) and put in the wrong server - #18 by Jambrix

And others here: Running WinMTR - Blizzard Support

Are the server locations the same for every platform?

I’m not sure, but the staff might be able to answer that if you open a ticket.

1 Like