How to Be Trusted by the Forum: An Educated Guess

This post explains more in detail, though note it is mostly focused toward the World of Warcraft community.

Yes and no. I can’t and won’t detail such information.

I do not have moderator privileges and have to flag posts here on the forums and report using the report form in-game just like you all do. The only time I will escalate directly to my contacts if it severely violates CoC where the content needs to be removed as soon as possible.

This is the role of the MVP, to help and encourage others. Even before I joined the ranks I participated in their Twitter CROWDS program (now defunct) and that was due to my positive experience working with Blizzard as they helped me resolve a critical game crash issue with my installation of Overwatch back in the fall of 2016.

It’s not easy, and believe me I do have my personal opinions for Overwatch. For example, I wish Competitive Matchmaking didn’t work to pair groups of the same quantity together as much as possible, as it de-incentivizes teamwork and makes grouping up an unrewarding experience across all ranks.

I meant in means of respect for sure, and also that like obviously I’d take what a MVP says for being more truthful over just a standard user on my level. I mean I wouldn’t quote an MVP for supporting something rumored to happen in the game or anything official.

Right, that’s all. I just dodn’t know which you meant.

1 Like

I’m at level 2, nice.

1 Like

I bet you RichC was Level 5 within 5 days of the new forums.

Oh I get it now, thanks for giving the information links and explaining the differences to me. Sorry for mistaking that in the first place. It’s pretty cool though still that normal players can elevate to MVPs if they help out a lot. Also awesome that you have some personal opinions as well, which debunks me thinking you guys have to be 100% loyal and not criticize blizzard haha.

I just don’t have a lot of knowledge about how all of that stuff works, so thanks again for explaining it! (Truth be told you’re also the first time I’ve had direct contact with someone “higher” up than my personal level. Thanks again for all the help you’ve provided though! :smiley: )

yeah sorry, I’m aware myself I’m bad with words sometimes lol. Thanks for asking though to clarify what I meant! :smiley:

Just checked, looks like he’s only level 2

Then who are the people who are already at Level 5? Blizzard employees?

It’s all good;asking on an assumption is better than sticking to an assumtion.

Sorry, but any chance I can partial quote this in a new thread I’m thinking about creating?

I don’t want to pretend to be an authority on the matter, but I’d at least like to make a topic giving everyone an update on what is going on.

Thanks

Go ahead, I consider anything I post open for sharing on these forums just as long as I am identified as an MVP and as a player. Not as a Blizzard representative.

I still don’t know what the benefits are for each trust level anyway lol

I am not sure about Trust Level 2, but if my trust level, which is 3, is tied to my accessible features. I can directly post any link and be clickable, any image or gif that is 3MB or smaller (otherwise it only posts a link), or the link of a compatible video to display in an embedded player.

Does the interface change to include those features or do I have to guess if I can use them?

Guess, just post a link and see if it allows.

I can’t see the page is blocked on Google… dunno why

So it looks like I can’t post links from anywhere nor images at trust level 2.

Interesting stuff, the WOW MVP post in particular.

Personally, not being able to post external links doesn’t really bother me that much. However, it would be great to be able to link to other posts within the forum rather than just a specific post. The same topics come to the fore over and over and it would be great to just say hey OP check out these discussions here, they cover material you didn’t cover or may not have already thought of in your initial argument etc.

So honestly, personally, if they just gave us the ability to cross references threads, it is most likely all I (perhaps many of us?) would want.

Tagging posts could also be cool, as in “McCree” or “Leavers” etc so posts could easily be collated or queried, but that is probably not supported in the forum software.

As Wyoming said the trick to being an MVP is we didn’t ‘try’ to become MVPs.

While WoW has moved to a new system of applying none of the past MVPs for any game or support/general ‘tried’ to be an MVP, we just enjoyed helping people and the community.

Personally I’m the MVP for Australia & New Zealand because I’m an Aussie but ANZ is part of the Americas servers so here I am, I love both the ANZ and Overwatch community as a whole and try to help out when I can, but I look at all games as well as Overwatch because of the ANZ thing.

A lot of people think being an MVP means we can’t have our own opinion or disagree with Blizzard etc, trust me it’s far from true, we get annoyed a lot it’s just when we give feedback we try and keep it as constructive as possible, I’ve met devs and Blizzard employee’s many times and even they know if people are angry it just means they are passionate but it’s still more helpful to take a breath and try to be constructive.

Basically end of the line, be helpful, love the community and enjoy yourself and one day you may get a email that surprises you asking if you’d like to join the program, but it’s rare (god knows I never expected it years ago when I was asked).

As for the whole trust levels thing, I wouldn’t worry about it so much atm the forums are still new, things are still happening behind the scenes, more features and such will be implemented (seeing my text in white after 6 years of green is still weird to me lol) so it’s not like the new forums were a ‘turn on and forget’ thing, still lots to come.

So yeah

4 Likes

I think my trust level is 2

1 Like