How to Be Trusted by the Forum: An Educated Guess

i dont think the numbers next to user_count say how many are at that level, i think its unique to that user, probably which number user they are to get that level

The general idea is that the more you contribute, the more your reputation goes up. So reading through threads, giving likes, posting, etc. all contribute towards raising your trust level, which in turn grants you more privileges and features.

The specifics… heck I dunno. That’s what we’re all spitballing about like crazy people. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You know it, haha.

Riding my way up to level 4 just to post a meme. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Admins are probably levels 5, 6, etc but since it was so easy for us to access our general trust levels I’m willing to bet admins and MVPs and stuff are hidden maybe?

That or it doesnt exist and trust just doesn’t apply to you if you hit MVP status or are obviously an employee.

The thing that bugs me about this, is if that’s the case… Why the heck am I seeing users with 12 posts and 3 hours of read time and little to no likes given or received have the option to post links, when myself, and users well over 200 posts and hours, cannot?

That’s what’s really throwing me for a loop with all of this.

Edit: woah, okay well I never used to be allowed to double post, and I had to double check but I just did a triple post?? Did my level just go up?

1 Like

Admins are level 4, there’s a flag for Admins and Moderators that they can simply flip. Basically trust levels don’t make someone an “admin” as that’s separated.

1 Like

If you’re not the OP of a post you can post after yourself a lot.

I can double post, too, so long as I’m not bumping my own thread. I noticed that earlier.

As for links, I think people are just using the workaround with the preformat option mostly. I still haven’t seen anyone posting a proper hyperlink.

Oh? I could of sworn I tried to reply to myself or reply right after I just replied on other posts and I couldn’t - unless that was back when I was at level 0?

I just checked Jeff’s version of the page (please don’t hit me Jeff! Be merciful!) and the top trust level was 4 so I think 3 is where you get links without being a mod/dev.

Whatever they do, EVERYONE should be able to post links to blizzard’s own website. It makes no sense that people can not direct their fellow players to resources that can help them.

3 Likes

Doesn’t make any sense that devs can’t bypass the 20 character limit, either, but hey, here we are learning all about the new platform. :stuck_out_tongue:

Boy do I have a treat for you:

://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/the-highlights-thread-share-your-moments/461/60

(Drop the https in the start there.)

Scroll down a bit, check out user “Starraven”. 12 posts, 3 hours of read time. They posted a direct video link. HOW?

Forum MVP users (such as myself) are manually selected by representatives of Blizzard.

On the older forums, our posts will show up in green whenever MVP features are enabled for that forum (my posts in all older forums outside of the old Technical Support shows in white because there is no Community MVP program for Overwatch yet). The new forums don’t have green text MVP groups built in yet. Right now Overwatch has no Community MVP program yet unlike World of Warcraft.

If it matters I appear to be Trust Level 3. I can also post links, gifs, images, and videos, but I was granted the permissions manually because I am an MVP. So no promises if trust level 3 is the threshold or not.

4 Likes

I think they did that with the foresight of preventing spam of links to dangerous/phishing sites before it happens.

They’re just bypassing it by using options available on the forum. It’s not a true hyperlink.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Not too much different than me rickrolling someone like this. (It’s literally a rick roll, don’t go.)

2 Likes

The reading was awesome and I’m sitting at Level 2 right now, not expecting Level 3 because that seems like a stretch for now.

Nowhere in there does it say when we can embed links and images though, that’s what I most want from the new forums and it’s a shame that it’s still a mystery to me.

Ayy awesome we attracted and MVP, thanks for showing up and giving us your time! I have some questions if you don’t mind?

Is that user I gave as an example an MVP too then? Starraven? I checked their trust and their at trust level 1, while you are 3.

Also do you have any inside information that you’re allowed to tell us about this system at all? Like any tips we can do so we can get our link posting, or explain the levels a bit?

And lastly, I’m sure I answered myself a long time ago but I’d just like a direct answer yes or no - do we get in trouble for sharing links by bypassing the link detection?

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Bah…just gimme the right to post and click on links without having to copypaste them all the time. Feels like I am surfing the kiddy web.

Thanks for the info, though I think its basically trivia until they either

• Roll out the new features
  • explain how we should be gaining trust that we aren’t already doing
1 Like