How old is Venture?

The voice sounds like a kid?

5 Likes

wonder if an origin story will come out eventually. maybe lore tidbits will too like age, nationality and the why (background story)

if i had to guess height i’d say like 5 foot 8? (if standing straight up, looks taller than short heroes crouched or same height?)

2 Likes

blizzard making us shoot kids now, smh

1 Like

well we are shooting monkeys and hamsters why not kids… (err nvm)

5 Likes

“Young punks… Get off my lawn!”

8 Likes

who is the voice actor anyways? anyone know?

I read that in soldier 76 voice

3 Likes

It does seem like a simple oversight blizzard would make these days, probably never even crossed their mind when they tried to make venture as ambiguous and androgynous as possible

2 Likes

It’s in this thread if you interested.

5 Likes

There’s no way Venture is a kid. I mean look at Tracer, her voice is pretty high pitched but Tracer is in her late 20’s

Even before OW1 released they increased D.va’s original age from 16 to 19 to avoid this exact issue. Even the youngest (human) character, Illari, is 18 years old.

People just have different voices, regardless of age

3 Likes

yea i thought i heard some spanish with that character ingame? i thought they were canadian? maybe spanish speaking canadian?

2 Likes

Venture is half Canadian half Mexican apparently

3 Likes

ahh so i guess no “whats this about” type character again. ok

1 Like

Some people just sound naturally young.

1 Like

i think TLC had a special where an adult woman had the body of a 10 year old, maybe its that sort of thing Blizzard is trying to represent?

tracer doesn’t look or sound like a kid tho

Mine was the exact opposite. People told me that when on the phone, i sounded like a middle aged woman even though im a 28 yr old guy.

1 Like

that’s…not a good thing bro

1 Like

Likely around 19-21.

I pretty much look and sound like a kid and get mistaken for a kid often and i’m 21, so it wouldn’t be too farfetched of an estimate.