How my night has gone

two days ago, I was one win away from my goal, since I achieved my SR goal for tank and healer, i chose to do dps last so i can spend tickets for quicker queues. Needed one win to achieve my goal. Whole team disconnects. I can provide proof, but the forum doesn’t allow me to post images, and I have a lot. You can search for my name and find me commenting about it on another person’s post in the technical forums where one user said they had the same issue. Suffice to say this happened again later that night. Was winning a game and lost it instead due to my entire team disconnecting randomly to their own confusion. I screenshotted their chat as well to prove their confusion.

so forward to tonight. I’ve been logging this and screenshotting this in discord. Suffice to say my dps tickets are out and my time to play is limited. Starting off, I need 4-5 wins in a row to get back to where I was when I had first encountered a “my team disconnected” issue. Keep in mind I can provide screenshots of this at any time for proof.

first game. Leaver

second game. legit loss due to the entire team being bad.

third game. leaver

fourth game. win.

fifth game two healers named MilfsRus (screenshot ready also) threw the game. 46G70C game code here for proof. One of them went afk in spawn and got up from their pc and told their boyfriend (that I could hear in the background) “hey can you mute my mic? I forgot to mute my mic when I got up from the pc” and later, the other healer told the mercy “just stop healing. let’s throw this game” they very clearly can be seen sitting still while i run forward and get a simple multikill with an ult while the hammond that I am communicating with is trying to stall the cart. It is totally winnable, but they are throwing

how am I supposed to climb from matchmaking like this?

4 Likes

Good question my friend, good question…
:pouting_cat:

3 Likes

I mean… I just played like 20 games and no leavers, and nor have I ever seen entire team disconnects…

Just unlucky.

Now I believe a hidden variable in your MMR is now attaching itself to you in regards to “leaving”. Spare me attempt to convincing me. The poor OP is “seeing” something that alot of people see. Its tragic, and its real.

Now, unfortunately to get out of it… is to stop playing awhile. Another theory is after awhile variables reset… maybe someone has you on “avoid”, and that last only 7 days. This is why I have a couple of accounts and just rotating after seeing weird stuff I managed to get “good games” for awhile and then I switch off when things get unfun.

1 Like

You climbed to one game away from your goal didn’t you?

3 Likes

true. however, I’m on the third day of queueing, and I think it’s very unnecessary to have to do this, because my original intent was to get on and play one game and win, and then enjoy my day off of work with some Oolong tea and to go outside and work on something that I wanted to work on that day. I instead spent 12 agonizing hours and 7 hours the following day on overwatch to no avail

1 Like

if i go on any type of losing streak i switch servers.

1 Like

how do you switch servers?

hop to the asia or eu one? regions my apologies

1 Like

one last thing I want to say on the subject is:

another big reason toxicity exists and overall players just being dissatisfied with the game is the fact that my example is one of many, and the potential for something like this to happen is another reason why everyone is deathly afraid of getting even one loss. One simple loss can turn into a catastrophic turn of events just like this. My one loss should have quickly recovered. However, it didn’t. Instead of taking it out on players, I am venting everywhere else and in every other kind of way. I’m also channeling this energy into playing even harder than I have before with much better personal gameplay results in each match. If they would eliminate this kind of stuff from happening, players won’t be so frustrated each time they get a loss, and they won’t be so hard on other players for their shortcomings.

Sooooo… If every time a player reached a new level of difficulty within the competitive game (matched against other human beings who also want to win said game), they weren’t allowed to lose or be punished (via loss of SR), you mean?

Doesn’t seem very competitive to me tbh.

1 Like

that’s not what I’m asking to be eliminated from the game. You can’t stop dcs throwers leavers etc but you can more accurately match people

The system is honestly pretty accurate.

1 Like

not enough, and not after you read every post I’ve started today and all of the comments there. You cannot even say that. Nobody has even agreed on that. They have only said “it’s the best we’ve got” and even that’s not true if people put their minds together.

a second reason the argument should not be about how accurate the system is is simply everything above plus the fact that it is now saying I or any other player in this situation (which are a lot) are where they deserve to be when in fact I will end up just climbing right back to where I was and pushing forward again, all things considered. I am currently not where I belong, and those disconnects, throwers, leavers, weather outages, etc did not place me in the elo where I belonged. Those outside forces are tricking the system and forcing me to play longer and harder to get the hidden mmr system to believe that I’m still the same person I was before it assumed I was suddenly a bad player due to all of those losses that occurred due to reasons other than my gameplay, so the subject at hand is how to improve the system.

edit: 64 bit processors were accurate, too, back in the 90s

1 Like

Research is often the search for facts that support one’s prejudice(s); and the ignoring, and/or even hiding, of facts that do the opposite.

1 Like

sorry bro. you’re way off. Take your own advice and research first. I should have just left this to one comment. You’re here to troll. My first comment omits everything else you could say to support what you originally stated. What I said for you to do still stands. Research.

1 Like

Far from it. I just realize that talking to someone (who comes looking for confirmation bias) is an endless argument.

Good luck on your games.

1 Like

You can’t name the thrower. That’s against the rules. you should remove their username.
If you don’t, your topic will probably get deleted and you might get banned from the forum.

1 Like

This is EXACTLY what the algorithm does, it forces players to “grind” thinking they will eventually go up the ladder. Yes with time, but mostly its to ensure you pour hours and hours into the game in hopes that you “will climb”.

1 Like

yea, it’s a business model, and a sad one.

nobody truly cares. take your advice to someone who does. Keep in mind that doing so will not change the fact that nobody will truly care, and I still won’t. Have fun with the internet while it lasts. Do that to someone irl and see what happens :D. Your power is temporary and imaginary. The real world will still wait while this one fails you.

cast doubt. remain off topic. don’t get engagement. throw accusation (trolling). deny trolling. rinse and repeat.

other topics exist for what you want to talk about

Nice! I had no idea you would be providing facts to support the following claim:

Friendly reminder you’re prostrated.