How much does it take for reports to expire?

You’d be surprised at how many people report away at a loss. And what about 5 stacks and the power they hold? 5 reports in a single game counts way more than 5 reports across 5 games. You better do EVERYTHING the 5 stack says and NOT LOSE if you want to keep your account!

Not only that, but I picture the system to be smart enough that it gives different values to reports depending on the report behaviour of the player.
If a player keeps reporting everything and there are a lot of “false reports” (ie. reports that don’t lead to a ban), then their reports are probably weighted less than those of a player that rarely reports, but when he reports, a lot of other people report too.

LOL. You “picture it.” That’s cute when we have substantial data showing that’s not how it works. People like you should work for Blizzard to improve the system. But Blizzard won’t hire people who would make a fair system.

What’s your substantial data?
Calling others cute and ignorant and then ignoring their answer where they show that you contradict yourself?

blizzard keeps that information a secret, so no one outside of the company can answer this exactly

5 Likes

People have done tests, no definitive numbers have been released or verified.

The punishment system is specifically kept vague to keep people from gaming it.

THIS is the correct answer. I don’t know why Wyoming didn’t just say it. People would abuse it if it was public.

2 Likes

And what about when you meet the 4 stack people who chose to report you maybe because you just had a bad game?

How does the system recognize it? because you know for sure I can have a bad game but since is a team game I always say myself ‘‘sure I did something wrong and I try to fix later but also my team did some mistake’’

personally I’m more worried about 4-5 stacks that chose to report the other guy not premade to give him the blame of the loss (happened I was ‘‘threated’’ to be reported in stacks just for that)

1 Like

Because it isn’t the correct answer. It’s not secret if Wyoming is literally told by Blizzard staff :sob:

Take that tinfoil hat off and join the rest of civilisation.

3 Likes

Customer service does have the information of flagged messages that got sent when someone got reported.

So if someone gets a ban after they reach a report threshold (which means you need to annoy a lot of people or stacks or do artificial tests on dummy accounts), customer service can review if they were toxic or not.

Some of these players a mimicking exactly how Samito behaves on his streams, why does this particular player get special treatment by blizzard?

1 Like

Did they get that silly “sit down” stuff from him?
I noticed it happen more lately and it always confuses me how a person has to depict themselves to say something like that

Like, it’s not even cool
I wouldn’t treat my dog like that when he is already sitting

3 Likes

Again, you were told that you were WRONG .

a 5 stack reporting you in a match is not going to get you suspended. You would have needed reports in other recent matches as well.

Ah yes the “I’m not wrong, the company is just lying!” get over yourself weirdo.

Because there is a lot of elitism around, if you’re a famous streamer (more a clickbait content creator in his case) then no punishment because…

who know why.

1 Like

They make Blizzard money. Everything is about money.

1 Like

Ah right, better count money instead of apply the code of conduct like is applied to everyone else here.

Maybe if they punish toxic streamers too they will start to give a good example.

1 Like

You would need to accumulate many reports to get a warning. I mean; I use sassy comments and sometimes flame others and sometimes play a suboptimal hero and haven’t yet accumulated enough reports to get a warning.

You must be doing something more. So either you are waaay too toxic or derailing the game by not healing or something.

Regardless, a warning is just a warning. No one here knows how long your account is flagged only Blizzard has those numbers.

1 Like

Honestly the way everyone is piling on this guy because an MVP said something is crazy.

It’s been well known for years that the report system is fully automated and a human only becomes involved during the appeal stage.

People have proven this by making new accounts, not playing any matches and getting people to mass report that account. Successfully leading to suspensions.

Why exactly are people acting like they dont remember the absolute firestorm of posts on these very forums about how ridiculous the system is? It wasn’t even that long ago.

I get that he’s being unpleasant but…ugh.

6 Likes

since I rarely talk, and time ago when I got the orange message the last time I NEVER talked, I know for a fact that what you are saying is false. I also know that “playing games appropriately” (whatever you mean by that, you probably think I jump off the map or something, yeah I don’t). doesn’t let reports decay, time does. Again I know this for a fact no matter how much you guys at Blizzard might wanna sugarcoat your broken, automated, awful, weaponized report system.

For sure, even in the games I was “snarky” (I wouldn’t go as far as calling my behavior toxic, you should know people abuse the report system though it’s been known for years now), I AM NOT SNARKY/TOXIC EVERY GAME so I sincerely doubt that the multiple reports accumulated from my bad behavior or something like that as your post implies.

it has been confirmed by Customer Support to me already that decay of reports is time-based. Not sure why you’d try to muddy the waters.

the report system is fully automated until the appeal action, which is also often (but not always) automated.

yeah I doubt that since today I played like 10 games and was “toxic”, if you wanna call it that, in like 2. Let’s assume 2x5 = 10 reports, which is the maximum I could have gotten, I doubt that’s enough to get the warning with 8 games where I was positive or silent.

I sincerely doubt this since when this incident occurred they didn’t have Replay system in place yet and Blizzard didn’t keep logs so the “proof” Blizzard used to punish the 1 tricks were the words written in the report form, which could have been lies. You know it and I know it.

funny you’d say that, time ago I got the warning after a period spent deliberately avoiding chat where I talked exactly 2 times in… let’s say 1 month and 1/2.

Also while this is kinda unofficial, some sourced told me and I tried this myself firsthand that if all 11 people in the lobby report you, that’s instaban regardless of what you say (you could be going with a 5 stack and 6 stack in enemy team… if they all report you unlucky, 1 month ban).

2 Likes

What matters is this, if you see that warning, something is wrong with your behavior and it is now risking you to get in further trouble. The warning is exactly that… a warning. Carefully think about what you are doing that could make other players upset and see if there is behavior that can be changed. Note, some players will get upset and report others regardless, but as a player of over 4 years, I would have been actioned by now with my known behavior. For example, I typically pick Pharah in many of my Competitive matches and often don’t switch if the opponents start to bring in hitscans, I only switch when I decide my Pharah is not working. Quite honestly I am rather a one-trick Pharah and it does make some teammates upset, but its how I like to play, and I have never even come close to a warning. I am very confident the report system is working to identify and stop consistent disruptive behavior. If you are actioned (which right now you are not actioned yet obviously), I promise you it will be due to consistently disruptive behavior.

Once again, as a MVP I talk with Customer Service quite frequently. Once again, what matters is this, if you are consistently disruptive, you will be actioned.

“Toxic” is a very ambiguous term and I avoid it. More likely your warning stems from multiple matches across multiple days, but only you can evaluate your behavior across multiple days.

The report system has been in place for PC players since game launch, and for consoles well before this community manager response was made. Trust me I document everything the developers have said. I do this for the community and to keep Blizzard accountable just as I want the community to be accountable for their own actions.

In the end, what is important for you GiantDwarf, is that you have seen the warning. I must imply that you are not in trouble yet, but all you need to do is simply provide a positive experience for your teammates.

Play Fair, Play Nice

4 Likes