How Mercy saved Genji?

Ever since Overwatch launched we knew Mercy saved Genji’s life. Storm Rising stated it yet again but we still don’t know what kind of saving Mercy done to Genji. There are 7 fields where Genji got help to the point in Zero Hour:

1. Founding his dying body
  2. Designing his #1 cybernetic prosthetics
  3. Surgering him to #1 cybernetic prosthetics
  4. Taking care of his physical health
  5. Designing his #2 cybernetic prosthetics
  6. Surgering him to #2 cybernetic prosthetics
  7. Taking care of his mental health

#1 It’s not Angela who found dying Genji in Hanamura but Blackwatch. The Uprising was the first mission when Overwatch went to country aganist its authority. If it wouldn’t be that, Lena wouldn’t have to convince Jack to do it. At the time of Uprising Genji fully recovered in #1 new body and Angela didn’t build her valkyria suit yet. Everything points at Blackwatch here.
#2, #5 Genji’s new body is cybernetic prosthetics. It’s not something that Angela would design. The existence of Sojourn makes it even more clear. In Overwatch there was some expert in cybernetic prosthetics, possible tech rival of Ogundimu family. But who exactly? We don’t know.
#3, #6 The surgery with cybernetic prosthetics isn’t something that Ziegler would do, especially that all by herself. She comes from a prominent Swiss hospital where she was the head of surgery while in Overwatch her role is to be the head of medical research. If Overwatch put her in the surgery work, they had to give her surgeons under her command with the help of the cybernetic prosthetic expert at her side.
#4 We often see Ziegler asking Genji about his health condition so for the most part she did just that. That’s checking and testing the result of his surgery from time to time.
#7 Genji’s mental health recovery is obviously done by Zenyatta. That’s accepting his new body and forgiving Hanzo for killing him.

We don’t know when Mercy designed her Valkyrie suit.

There’s hints (in Brigitte’s origin) that Torbjorn helped with the construction of Mercy’s suit - maybe he helped with Genji too? We know he built his own arm.

She likely would have led the team of surgeons that performed both operations.

You did miss one point where Dr. Ziegler would have been essential in saving Genji’s life - after Blackwatch found him, he would have been dying/near death. Mercy was the one who saved his life and stabilized him, before he was given any prosthetics. Remember, he chose to become a cyborg, so he must have been conscious and coherent to make that decision.

1 Like

What kind of hint is that? She straight stated in Valkyrie she had to visit Torbjörn to fix her broken valkyrie. There’s even grafitti of her about that. Since we see her in Zero Hour with working valkyrie she indeed visted Torbjörn.
Yes, maybe but I seriously doubt it. Torbjörn’s mechanical arm is primitive in comparsion to Genji’s junks.

So you tell me that at that time she was with Blackwatch in Hanamura? It’s not possible. Tell why Blackwatch so easy hired McCree and Genji? That’s because Blackwatch’s mission is to do Overwatch’s dirty work, enter where Overwatch cannot enter legally. Angela Ziegler is the public picture of Overwatch. If she would be with Blackwatch, Overwatch would be done faster than Retribution. It’s too big risk. And as we talk about Retribution, the Retribution is the reason why Lena could convince Jack to do Uprising at all. Gabriel screw up whole Overwatch anyway. And Angela wasn’t needed in Hanamura. Blackwatch had own medic, expert in genetics Moira O’Deorain. She was enough to keep Genji alive during the flight to Switzerland, to Angela.

In the image of young Brigitte trying to put armor on a cat, there’s a box in the background that has “send back to Angela” written on it in Swedish.

I’m not saying that at all. I’m saying Blackwatch was able to get Genji to her in time for her to save his life.

1 Like

That was rhetorical question but thanks anyway. I learned something new.

For me that was so obvious to be made by Mercy that I missed it. Sorry.

1 Like

Overwatch employs cyberniticists who designed Genji’s cybernetics, it’s said so in this Blackwatch skin.