My internet has gone out 2 times mid-match. I’m wondering how many times until I get a ban, because I don’t want to get banned because of my internet being weird.
don’t trust your internet
It can take as little as five leaver violations to trigger a season ban. If you are experiencing any amount of bad internet, please take time to try and troubleshoot it. There are many steps you can do to help fix or at least identify issues to why you are disconnecting. If you have not already please start with these starting troubleshooting steps:
If you need more help, we can provide assistance in Technical Support Forum. As always, all disconnections do count as leaving games and will be penalized appropriately.
Tysm, but theres a storm in our area and that’s why haha. Again, thank you!
ik me to i got a season banned because i failed to connect to server 3 times in 2 days the weird part is when i actually connected i wasent lagging at all
I do strongly recommend avoiding playing at least Competitive Play when there is a known and predictable issue like a thunderstorm. Remember the impact of disconnections in Quick Play or Arcade is far less severe in terms of account standing (it takes several leaver violations to trigger a -75% XP restriction).
My teammates mentality when queuing for comp
wait do u know why when i connect to server im perfectly fine then after i failed to connect next game then after 5 min banned i connect again with 15 ping then after i failed to connect 2 time in a row?
and also adding to that i wanted to ask is you failing to connect to server your fault or the server not saying it is just wondering that way i can fix it for next season since i dont wanna get season banned again next season
The behavior you describe suggests an intermittent connection most likely between you and the server. Like a network hub is dropping. To at least pinpoint the issue, the procedure we recommend would be a WinMTR test. Here are the instructions, but I suggest starting your own topic in the technical support forum if you need help reading the results of the test.
- Download WinMTR from Download WinMTR-v092.zip (WinMTR) (Console players need a Windows Desktop Computer connected to the same network as their console to do this.)
- Unzip the WinMTR.zip file to the Desktop.
- Open the WinMTR folder and select the 32 or 64 bit version. Choose whichever one corresponds to your version of Windows.
- Run the WinMTR.exe
- Type the IP address you want to trace in the “Host” field. To get the correct IP you will actually need to open up the game and go Practice Vs AI or Quick Play and if you are on PC hit Ctrl+Shift+N and it will bring up the ingame network diagnostic graph, or go to Video > Options > Display Network Performance Graph if you are on any platform including Console. In the top left corner is the IP address you want to run WinMTR to.
note When looking at the IP it will show up ingame as something like 126.96.36.199:12345. You will want to leave the last 5 digits and the colon at the end off and the IP you want to use is just the 188.8.131.52
- Once you notice the connection issue while playing, play for about 6 more minutes, minimize the game and click on “Stop”.
- Click on “Copy text to clipboard”, then return to this forum thread.
- Type two sets of four squiggly lines and then paste the contents of the WinMTR test between:
~~~~ Paste WinMTR Test Results Here ~~~~
If in the event you can’t even connect to Overwatch and get into any game mode at all, please use one of the following IP addresses based on your geographical region:
- US West - 184.108.40.206
- US Central - 220.127.116.11
- Brazil - 18.104.22.168
- Europe Netherlands - 22.214.171.124
- Europe France - 126.96.36.199
- Korea - 188.8.131.52
- Taiwan - 184.108.40.206
- Australia - 220.127.116.11
darnit it says that it isnt available on this device and im also on a tv idk if i can do it there u got any other suggestion? also thank i for the answer and trying to help because im used to playing overwatch everyday and having a season ban just sucks so i wanna fix it so i dont get one next season because i love overwatch and i feel bad for anyone who dosent have it
I see that you are a PlayStation 4 player. In order to follow the steps I provided, you must have a Windows computer connected to the same network as that of your console to run a WinMTR test (yeah its complicated like that).
However for console players, first please try to make sure your console itself is connected directly to your modem or router via an Ethernet cable. This is the most common issue with console players as WiFi connections are subjected to all kinds of interference. Otherwise try working these steps first:
i just find it weird since it feels like i need to get lucky to connect to server because when i do i dont lag for the whole game then all of a sudden couldnt connect its like what the heck
would it fix it for overwatch or in general because overwatch is the only game i fail to connect to the server its weird as heck
Many of these steps help with general issues. However it can be difficult to compare game to game when troubleshooting issues. Again work with those steps first, if they don’t work, then try seeing if you can setup any Windows computer on the same network to run the WinMTR test (it is very important to follow the steps above precisely to get an accurate test).
If you need more help, I strongly encourage posting in technical support. That forum is monitored by MVPs like myself and Blizzard Customer Support. This forum any of its its threads are not.
ok ty for your help i will try them out