How many SR I should get in average?

Ok thanks!

I worked 11 hrs today, so idk if i’ll go to comp or just do QP or maybe watch a stream.

I figured yours (being in Masters) would be very very close from one game to another. I’ll report back sometime this week when i get to play some games.

Yeah yesterday & today combined I’ve fluctuated 24 x11 & 25 x1

E: Also not gonna lie I haven’t played in maybe over a week & only jumped on yesterday to track my SR fluctuation for this thread & in doing so have ignited an interest in tracking all that stuff on a spreadsheet & am also climbing ever so slowly higher. Currently at 3,791 from starting placements at like 3,640ish & am feeling kinda pumped.

My personal experience is that the median is either 23 or 24. 27+ and I am carrying the team. 29+ hard carry. 20 or below I am being carried. Opposite true for losses.

Above Diamond 3000+ Sr you gain or lose 25 sr each match.
Sure MMR and the chances of you losing/winning that game play a role.
In plat and below its all dependent on performance.

• They said this around 1.5 year ago or so when they changed the system. It used to be only based on preformance.
  • But this caused people who played off-meta chars with bad winrate to still climb.
  • While people who played meta and did better than the people on off-meta lost more sr/gained less overall.

I play what I want to play, sometimes I win 35+ SR, sometimes I lose 17ish SR, I guess pbsr is working as intended. I have no idea what the “meta” is, depending on my role selected I play what I think we need.

24 is the average. MMR will impact this. If you’re below diamond, then PBSR will impact it as well.

No, they don’t. What you’re observing is your MMR.

Looking at your profile at this very moment, your tank SR is 3175. Let’s say that is exactly what your real rank is, as in you deserve to be there and precisely there.

If you win or lose a game from that point, then the delta will be less than 24 (so let’s say you’d lose 20, or win 20). The reason being that the system wants to try to keep you at 3175, because it has calculated that you perform well about there.

Let’s assume you won. Now you’re at 3195. Your SR has changed, but your MMR hasn’t. The matchmaker currently believes, based off of a large number of factors like your previous ranks, average performance, how often you play, and so on, that you should still be at exactly 3175, but you aren’t. You’re at 3195.

Now, let’s say you win again. But, tank queues were kinda janky because you were playing off-hours, so you were the only diamond and everyone else in the game was high plat. The game doesn’t perceive this as an “earned” win. It expected you to win because you were playing down into a lower rank, so it doesn’t change your MMR. It still believes you deserve 3175.

But your rank still does increase, though this time though it’s by even less, say 17 or 18.

This is a bit exaggerated, MMR doesn’t actually use SR numbers or ranks, and the changes in SR delta wouldn’t be that abrupt and gravitate around an exact point, it’s most likely a large range of values with other stats thrown in. For instance the game might believe that your actual rank is within the range of 3100-3250, and you’re expected to rise and fall within there fairly normally.

1 Like

Just an Idea for SR
Why isn’t the SR based on the K/D ratio in direct comparison to the enemy SR?
Ex:
The game is today balanced and gives you SR depending on the win rate, and not your own engagement. Many people lose matches because of leavers and so on. And many wins matched by getting carried.

In CS 1.6 there was servers that played with SR. you would gain SR by your Kills, and if the enemy was in a higher SR than you, you would get a higher SR and if you died to a player that is lower SR than you, you would have lost more SR.

• Now don’t get me wrong, this would need to get tweaked depending on the role.

Which would result in you not being able to get carried, as your own engagement shows your SR. throwers would lose SR quite a lot. And Smurfs would gain a lot of SR and could not stay in that rank for a long time.

Well I hope this make sense.

23 - 27 SR is kinda common win / lose if you play as average player on your rank. There are rare games where you can get like 30-35 SR from win if you are at right rank or lose 15-17 SR.

Because then you’re placing more value on elims (which you even get credit for with chip damage) & avoiding dying than the objective itself? Why even have an objective if you get sr based on your k/d?

1 Like

There is also the certainty factor. It is likely that the more games you play in a short time period, the less your SR will change. As the matchmaker becomes more certain of where you belong, your gains and losses are reduced. It is possible this is accounting for some of the differences in average win/loss.

The only thing that is certain is that if you consistantly win less SR than you lose, matchmaker believes you belong lower and the opposite means it believes you belong higher.

I believe in lower ranks the average is 25, for Master it’s 24 and then GM+ starts getting a lot less.