How is the earned SR calculated?

So this is what happend, I was playing on 6 stack, after we all finished our placements I had the highest SR at 3280, while the lowest SR was from my friend’s at 3080. So we had an amazing winstreak after that, we won like 11 or 12 games in a row and we noticed that pretty much everyone started getting over 40 points per win after getting 8 or 9 wins, while I always got 20 points. When we finished playing almost everyone was on master, even my friend with the lowest SR, while I was still 20 or 40 points bellow.
I just wanna know whats the logic behind this, we played 2-2-2 so we all had even roles.
Please if someone can clarify this for me.
Cheers!
PD: sorry for my broken english, is not my native language.

Not sure but I recall a YouTube video stating that Jeff planned to add stats at the end of comp games that let you know why you gained/lost as much as you did. Unfortunately I don’t remember the video or who made it.

Considering that you’re in diamond though I find that weird. Shouldn’t performance have nothing to do with gains/losses there?

1 Like

There are systems that calculate what the chance of every team winning is, so when you beat a team while you had below 50% chance to win, you would get more SR, while they would lose more. And that’s the only thing I can think of in ranks above plat. Not sure why your friends were getting so much sr while you got nothing tho…

Could be that OPs hidden MMR is higher or lower than his friends so the game gives him less SR

1 Like

Hmmm actually that makes sense.

1 Like

im actually not sure which one it is tho haha

Probably lower since that will mean that he belongs to a lower sr than them.

1 Like

True dat

So my hidden MMR was lower even though after we all finished our placements at the same time mine was the highest?

Meh stupid SR comp system… For some reason right now it also gives me low amounts of SR while taking 25 when I lose… Won’t be surprised if I end up 3499.

Your friends were stealing all your kills… Bunch of jerks:)

So, if you’re diamond and above its calculated like this: Its standard gain is 24 same with loss. It changes depending on how high sr your team/the enemy team was and how many games you’ve lost/how many games you’ve won previously. If you’re below diamond its completely stat based.

1 Like

From my experience in diamond, I get like 24 sr for a win virtually every time. 40 sr is a ridiculous amount, I don’t think I’ve ever seen that much from 1 game.

Well your MMR is hidden so you actually don’t know if it’s higher or lower than your friends, only blizzard know. I’m just stating a possible reason as for why you gained less SR, could be your MMR