How is Mercy not viable

These forums keep trying to make Mercy out to be hot spicy garbage but she’s more than viable

I mostly play support and I often find myself in the situation where I’m playing Mercy because her healing output outshines all the other supports on top of her mobility and passive health regeneration affording her good survivability

I fail to see the problem here. She’s a disgustingly good support. She may not have much utility but her raw consistent healing output really makes up for that

63 Likes

I agree, I personally think she’s in a good spot. While her healing is pretty bad in comparison to Moira and Ana, her damage boost is severely underrated imo.

22 Likes

The problem a lot of people have, isn’t that Mercy isn’t viable. A lot agree that statistically, she is balanced.

The problem a lot of people have, is that Mercy isn’t engaging, rewarding, impactful or arguably, fun to play, and that she lacks agency.

I believe that once they solve those issues, and listen to the feedback of the Mercy players, we will begin towards making progress of our hero. Here’s hoping. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

48 Likes

Yes, some people do make her out worse than she is, but saying that her healing output outshines all the other supports, is really wrong.
And saying that she doesn’t have much ulitily, but you pick her for healing output ,shows that you don’t know too much about the supports.

Mercy has Damage Boost and Rez, Moira has only healing and some poke damage compared to that.
You pick Moira for raw healing output and Ana for most other situations.
Mercy is only viable if you have a good Widow, Hanzo, McCree, Pharah, Ashe.
If you don’t have a good dps to pocket, you are better off playing almost any other support

14 Likes

How would you make her more fun?

Most of the suggestions I’ve seen have just been “revert mercy” which brings us straight back to the problem of her being a must pick and overpowered

7 Likes

THe problem is she’s insanely boring, a massive crutch, very rarely impactful and does not reward effort.

3 Likes

And yet we’ve said time and again that those things are subjective.

There are people who want mercy the way she is. There are people who want mercy changed. And the people who want mercy changed are extremely divided on how she should be.

This is the case with almost every hero.

3 Likes

Mercy 2.0 has been all over the balance spectrum, feedback remained roughly on the same lines. Balance really isn’t the issue.

I would argue damage boost should give more ult charge, but that’s about it. Overall, balanced and perfectly viable off-meta pick. Her design though could use some tweaks.

1 Like

She never was a must pick or overpowered before the rework … I am not in favor to just revert her back. But she really never was stupidly OP before.

10 Likes

I’d say actively participating in team fights is more engaging than hiding behind a wall for like, 20 seconds waiting to pull of a huge res.

17 Likes

The only other support outhealing Mercy is Ana but Ana lacks the raw consistency due to various factors such as losing line of sight, barriers blocking her shots, enemies blocking her shots, and the player’s aiming capability.

If you want to get technical Lucio could technically outheal Mercy but its a lower heal, not something more direct like mercy’s beam

Untrue. This is all subjective.

5 Likes

she is ok in capture the flag.

What? Moira is literally the only Support that heals more than Mercy in overall healing stats over a certain time. Ana does have higher Healing per second though, but does less healing over time, as she has to spend more time doing other things, and isn’t as consistant

Subjective doesn’t mean unreasonable. Pretty much anything one could possibly suggest to this game is subjective, including balance, smurfing and toxicity issues, yet here we are arguing for it all day long, yet there’s changes happening almost every PTR.

Reasonably, there’s arguments to be made about Mercy having design issues.

1 Like

Oh my god

If she is balanced, she is impactful and rewarding by definition. The rest is subjective opinion not backed up by facts.

They do listen. And many Mercy players myself included like current Mercy.

3 Likes

When invulnerability was given to her Rez, she was quite a must pick. She wasn’t overpowered tho but she had an absurdly high pick rate across most ranks compared to her fellow supports

1 Like

not to mention the concept of a healer intentionally withholding healing from her teammates and allowing them to to die

2 Likes

I see that the #massrez revert advocate joined the discussion here.

This thread is done for.

See this please, RevertMercy

4 Likes