How I tricked the OW Comp Matchmaking to reach Diamond in S14

Incorrect.

Like, laughably incorrect.

Projecting much?

You are going to claim people don’t read what you write and this is your response to me?

You’re a hypocrite. A sloppy one at that and everyone can see it. You are only fooling people as misguided as you are.

It’s honestly a bit sad that you go this far, oh well. Have fun holding logically absurd positions!

1 Like

Proving my point, both about your personality and your abilities to go through more then 3 lines of text.

If you want some evidence to disprove my claim, first play 100+ games with the process above (QP+Comp included), feel the games (to see if you are going from the TROLL>NO TROLL state that I am claiming) and come back here to tell me that I am talking out of my *ss. Simple :slight_smile:

I obviously am, since you lost all capability to write more then one sentence before going into ad hominem. Then again, I am not the one cut-chopping only parts that are convenient for me to decontextualize.

Ah… how low can you go…

I am offering you my stats and my experience over playing with this method for several months to climb out of a wall that was there for the previous 10 seasons. This was not done with hacking or 1-tricking brig when she was OP, it was done by following what I transcribed above. The assumption is simple: the matchmaker rewards you with good teammates after you’ve done your best in a match with terrible team mates. If that is not enough evidence for you, that is OK - but rebutting with what you have (tl:dr:“I dont think your sample is big enough” - was the only logical arguement) and then going into a spiral of judgement is simply childish. Grow up.

this is why I don’t believe this. I don’t win/lose every other game. I win like 8 in a row, then I lose 10 in a row.

The assumption that this is every other game is wrong. You will need to play a couple of games in QP until you notice the obvious troll round - you gotta play that one too.

Qp and Comp share same MMR

Interesting, but highly disturbing.

I always find the tinfoil hat theory threads about match making to be amusing. The more Sky Net they make the AI when it comes to looking to hold back or boost up players the better.

most of them run into the whole -correlation does not imply causation- issue but whatever, don’t let that hold a person back from pitching the idea.
I would argue the easier way to reach diamond is just to stop doing poor ULT econ and so on that keeps players in plat but whatever.

almost all of these sort of Sky Net AI claims of pretty much fixing games never seems to answer the big why question. Like why would a company design a super complicated fuzzy AI with all sort of different variables to hold players down in some given SR?
If anything you would design it to bump people up, not hold them down as winning leads to feeling better. Yet all of these theories are “and here is why the system is build to hold us back!!”

1 Like

Rofl :smiley: yeah youa re right.

No they dont share same MMR.

I see it every day, while my comp SR/MMR is high plat, my QP/Arcade SR/MMR is masters.

1 Like

Huh? Who said it’s made to hold us back? It’s made to keep us engaged and playing the game extensively, this thread has nothing to do with the supposed “50% win-rate push”. It’s funny how we got another wall of text without paying attention to the actual context, cool beans.

A claim which I made in no point whatsoever and in fact disputed about 3 times so far in this thread. But fk it, lets just read one sentence and post our opinion.

Just so you know, your claim is senseless as well. First off MMR and SR are not the same thing. While SR is most certainly not cross linked, to claim the same for MMR (for which info is uber-scarce) is ridiculous. Your sr might differ between modes (while your Mmr stays the same) because your stat performance is simply lower or higher in those game modes (compared to everyone else playing the mode). Arcade comp sr-s are usually higher for most people as far as I’ve seen and thats usually because there is less people playing the mode or tryharding. If you go from the middle a bracket of 10000 people where you have 2500 mmr to a bracket of 1000 people where your 2500mmr is near the top - ofc you gonna get higher sr placements (and vice versa depending on distribution).

No it’s the same basic QQ match maker isn’t fair, it’s this advance Skynet AI and if you don’t do this/that/this other then you can’t win games!

You’re just masking it behind claims of -Skynet helps!- to win vs the more typical -Skynet hurts!- in a loss

Most players just look at it from the side of a forced loss. You moved over to the other team and claim that some how the AI sees you “need” a win so it fixes match making to help make it happen. Then you just flat ignore that’s 100% the same as the match maker “fixing” the game for the other team to lose.

As in rigged match making, for the goal of I guess keeping you in a lower sub 3k SR… for reasons. /shrug/
Ok… sure… whatever ya need to tell yourself to get wins I guess

1 Like

I always find it funny that with theories like these, the posters seem to think the matchmaker revolves solely around them.

I couldn’t really be bothered to read the whole thing because of how absurd it was, but he seems to think that if he plays a qp game with bad opponents or bad teammates or something, then he will win his next comp match? So apparently the matchmaker says, “well this guy just had a really hard qp match, so let’s find 5 really good teammates for him, 6 really bad opponents, and who cares about their matchmaking experience! This guy just had a tough qp game!” Like the matchmaker only makes teams based on him. It’s so ridiculous, it’s not even worth refuting.

3 Likes

They do! And if you look at this you will see why>>> https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/7hb05p/i_have_finally_done_it_i_have_understood_the/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

You have gotten better in while playing QP/Arcade and your MMR increased, MMR and SR are not the same, but it tries to converge into 1 number.

Omg not this stuff again, I was already talking about this in different topic even with that guy, he was trolling trying to farm upvotes before he would even post this in here on forum. His post was closed for trolling.

His theory was debunked many times. I can say from my own experience that its not true at all.

really good theories lol

theres even better solution

its totally free and it works

its called getting good

The „getting good“ method actually works. Try it