How good is new Symmetra?

I have put about 20 hours into the new Symmetra and played against her in a lot of games. I previously played 65 hours on her and went to masters with her pre rework state.

Now from an ex Symmetra main I would like to say that to me, this rework did nothing for Symmetra and in some ways made her worse.

It’s not the primary fire making me have to aim, but it is quite useless.
It’s not the secondary fire being better than the primary, but this is odd
It’s not the ultimate being useless, but it is true
It’s not the TP not working well on console and being not fluid at all, but it is bad

It is a conjunction of all these things. All these things together make her feel bad to play since her gameplay isn’t fluid anymore. Her kit doesn’t feel good to use and feels very lazy.

I would like to explain all my dislikes of this new Symmetra.

Her primary fire no longer has any use to it due to the fact that it takes so long to charge and is very hard to aim. It doesn’t work like you would hope and the only time I ever feel like I get full charge is when the enemy Symmetra puts down her ultimate, but even when she does that the alternate fire just feels better and is easier to use.

Her alternate fire feels really good and I am happy with the changed they made to it, but it makes there be no use of the primary fire.

Her turrets are what we get our kills with now due to her not having lock on. Her alternate fire is still a little hard to aim and primary is out of the question so we just teleport 3 turrets in the same place behind the enemy and charge up a ball. We go through and get a kill. Sadly, it doesn’t feel that great to pull off or to have it happen to you due to the amount of damage that she throws out.

Her teleporter was a mistake. They should of never made you have to press a button to go through. When you have to press a button to go through the teleporter, it feels very clunky and unsatisfying unlike the old teleporter. Also due to Symmetra having to have a button to activate her teleporter, CONSOLE PLAYERS CAN’T USE A PART OF HAMMOND’S KIT. Many people don’t use this part of her kit since it is very situational and only useful for a handful of heroes so it’s better used to teleport turrets.

Her ultimate is useless.

Overall I don’t see her being good at all and I predict her 0% pickrate will multiply by 10 times.

12 Likes

The giant 5k Rein shield that essentially makes half of the map useless for the enemy is a useless ult. Okay, bud…

6 Likes

It’s the same on PC. Her ultimate is super situational and in many cases absolutely useless. Her primary is absolute garbage. Teleporter is very gimmicky as well, it allows for a few cheeky flanks assuming your teammates even listen to you (very unlikely unless playing as 6-stack) but that’s about it. And the advertisement that you can take your teammates out of a Graviton is absolute lie (just like how they falsely advertised the primary).

7 Likes

Wow what a silly comment. You don’t need half the map, there are no engagements on half the map only on the chokes. It’s a wall that stops existing in 15 seconds and that nearly every ult in the game can bypass. Maybe once in a blue moon you will block an ulting Mcree or Soldier’s Visor but that’s about it.

7 Likes

I know, right? Still waiting to find someone that pull that reliably, and give me some pointers in how to do it.

3 Likes

Downsizing the playing field into your favor and forcing the enemy to move into unfavorable positions is incredibly powerful, my friend.

Her primary is weak and her ult should have an added effect to make it a little less difficult to get value out of. Besides that she’s great and I love her.

2 Likes

it gives your team a cute little advantage but it’s in no way game changing or impactful.

3 Likes

My friend, I don’t know against which players you have played, but having a shield is a VERY strong advantage.

2 Likes

I would also like to point out that whenever I have a Symm on my team we lose and the enemy has a Symm they lose. Maybe just a coincidence, or because it is QP, but it is interesting none the less

3 Likes

Except the level design of the maps is such that you can easily reposition. Or you can just wait 15 seconds. Not that it really matters because enemies can literally come through it and so can enemy ults.

3 Likes

See that is the thing that makes it strong, it forces them to reposition.

And this is very bad for the team that has to wait those 15 seconds.

15 seconds is a lot of time off the clock for a single ult.

1 Like
  • Turret take forever to activate

• Turret travel time are super slow and can be destroyed in air

• Turret get long cooldown

• Turret max is 3

• TP is slow to activate

• TP range is super bad

• TP placement to highground take 5 minutes cause they don’t know how to code well

She is trash … cause it’s blizz rework

4 Likes

Once she comes into comp, they will either see a OP mess or the worst hero in the game. Can’t wait to find out.

1 Like

Dude the reposition most of the time is to literally go through it :rofl: The only good thing about the wall is that it stops snipers and the once in a blue moon Mcree, Soldier ult. That’s about it, either you are in low elo or something or you have no clue what you are talking about. The wall does jack nothing for most of the characters ults - Barrage, Diva bomb, Tire, Grav, Mei’s Freeze (which by the way freezes on the other side of the wall), Dragon, Genji’s Blade, etc. etc. etc.

2 Likes

Worst hero in the game I dunno, possible. Worst DPS in the game, absolutely. She literally requires a pocket Mercy and a Rein to be functional. Why go through all the trouble when you can pick a decent DPS that doesn’t require baby-sitting. I wouldn’t and Sym is my favorite hero. At this point, I’m completely dependent on two other heroes in the game, I would rather play anything else.

1 Like

Just walk through it 4head.

You must understand that the enemy team are actual thinking human players, not bots letting you walk through the barrier unpunished.

I find this funny; because only a low elo player would fail to see it’s potential because the ability is shrouded in passivity.

Same way many people find Widowmaker’s ult bad because of it’s passivity, even though it provides constant pressure on the enemy team, which makes it incredibly strong if used appropriately.

2 Likes

#GiveSymmetraAChainsaw. That will fix the primary. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just starting playing her again cause of work. I think her primary fire is very hard to use now because. Before you could very reliably use it and focus on evading. Now you have to aim maintain constant ticks with all the movement and cc in the game and outheal any healing with such a short range. That is asking alot. I am thinking the guarenteed damage was better now after playing her a bit. Tracking is hard on console especially with heroes like genji and tracer.

I would like to see… A penalty for going through the shield. Like a 25 hp shock for enemies every tick. 25 shields stacking up to 75 for allies that are standing in it or near it.

And a bit of moiras tracking to help out with Symmetra evading in close combat. Her ticks should more lenient to build up cause in those ranges you are the easiest to hit and living a fill 3 seconds in that range with 100 percent accuracy is a bit stupid. I suggest making easier to track, .75 charge intervals. And or boosting the range a bit.

4 Likes

I actually find her ULT super useful for taking the point. Cut it diagonally and stack three turrets will you spam orbs at the leftovers.

5 Likes