How does Tracer experience her blinks?

I’ve been thinking about this for a bit now and I wonder how Tracer does experience her blinks.
In game she immediately blinks from one point to another but how does she see it herself?
When she blinks does time stop for her? Or does she experience it like it’s in game?
Or maybe something else?

Not sure if this has already been talked about but I think it’s interesting.

I’d imagine it to be her being fast forwarded for a moment which may mean time slows down from her perspective. In “Alive” we see a trail of where Tracer blinks to so there are movements between point A and B. We can also see her running at high speeds during the blink.

Yea, I think so too, I think in the short alive you see it at best when she recalls.

Thanks for telling me what you think! ^^

1 Like

Her recall rewinds time while her blink seems to make her stop existing in one place and start existing in a future place where she already existed in the future :stuck_out_tongue:

In her Lore its described that she doesnt exist in a specific time but rather “everywhere and nowhere” (like Schroedinger in Hellsing I guess…?)

Its a tough question to answer since we dont know what exactly time is. There are tons of theories on how you can manipulate time. The only thing we know is that time is relativ to gravity
We dont know how exactly Tracers blink (or recall) works. We can expect that it has something to do with how she can manipulate her own time but I already mentioned we dont know how time works

According to her Lore, she can only manipulate her own time, so she cant just freeze time for everyone else and walk to a diffrent location
Increasing her own speed means increasing her own mass therefore increasing gravity around her therefore slowing down everything thats in contact with her or speeding up everything around her (yea…). Either way she would effect the time around her which is - according her lore - not possible. So its probably something simliar to schroedingers cat. Shes bound to a specific timeline yet not bound to any timeline and therefore everywhere and nowhere
We cant tell how she experience it since we cant tell how another timeline looks like or if she actually spends any time there. Time is relative, what looks like (almost) no time for us might make absolutely no diffrence to Tracer since she isnt affected by “our time” while moving in this “other timeline”

… I have the feeling I used the word “timeline” completly wrong here
I was bored, pardon.

2 Likes

Yea, it stays a mystery but I think it’s very interesting.
Thanks a lot for your research and time, it’s really appreciated <3

I imagine her just hitting sonic speed and speeding up for a while. Almost like traveling at the speed of light.

gOtTa Go fAsT

1 Like

I imagine it would look very similar to how it looks in game. Or maybe everything goes dark and she ends up at the spot. Kind of like if she blinked and arrived there.

1 Like