How does one reach Trust Level 3?

Level 3 Requirements

As to whether suspensions/flaggings impact Trust Level 3, I don’t 100% know either way. I’ve seen some people say it does, but I’ve also seen others say that they’ve been suspended and still had their Level 3 after it was over.

4 Likes

By no-lifing the forums

Quit your job and live in the forums.

3 Likes

idk bro it took me a super long time even though i met all the requirements. I think that a mod has to manually give you level 3 trust and that it’s not an automated system

I only got level three after i made a wildly popular post that Jeff Kaplan responded to.

1 Like

Source for the above:

And a few things they missed from the list:

• Must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
  • Must not have been suspended or silenced

There are some modifications for the Overwatch Forums from the base Discourse setup, so the listed requirements may not be exact. Usually I think the last requirement people meet is the “Read 20,000 posts” one.

1 Like

As a Scorpio, I may never be entrusted to level 3. :sob:
Yeah, I blame my horoscope, and not my toxic behavior. :wink:

Just to add, a popular way to meet the “read posts” requirement as fast as possible is to open this uncapped thread and gradually scroll all the way down. The thread may be too old to work for that now, though.

I’m just a jerk

and I’m okay with that

1 Like

I have read 37.1k posts according to my account summary. Does that have to be 20k posts from the current week? Because that seems like a pretty tall order.

From the last 100 days, if it matches the defaults.

That’s a lie. I’ve been silenced on the forums before (twice actually) and im level 3

The wording on that is misleading, I think. I believe it actually means while suspended or silenced, you are not level 3, not that you permanently lose the ability to become level 3.

Edit: Actually the documentation it specifies later that the requirements only cover a 100 day period, so I guess it probably means that you can’t have been silenced/suspended or had numerous confirmed flags within that period.

2 Likes

That might actually be Fritz. Or it might just be that’s one way. I do recall that some of the first people to hit it were the well known and well liked/positive posters like Rich C.

Kind of hard for me to figure out how to make a wild Jeff appear. At least online. In real life he seems to be drawn to salt deposits.

1 Like

24hr suspension (iirc for trolling) and I never lost rank 3.

2 Likes

Lol not really xD

Huh, I’d always wondered why I heard so much contradictory information regarding that particular requirement (I kept it off my list because I couldn’t 100% vouch for it), that actually explains a fair bit.

Still not sure about the flagging one. A couple of flags being able to de-TL3 you even if they don’t lead to anything seems weird.

1 Like

It does specifically mention that the flags have to be manually confirmed by a forum moderator, so falsely flagging someone isn’t going to affect anything.

I was at the point of “Else any rando” when your post changed. I did kinda wanna know what was the end of that sentence, lol.

Oh btw, thanks for the serious suggestions and discussion guys.

He/she was just pointing out that someone with 5 smurf accounts could go flag a bunch of someone’s posts just to drain their forum level (if it didn’t require moderator confirmation).

1 Like

Ty.

characters needed.