How do you warmup?

Training then 1 match qp

Take a few puffs off the vape pen

couple games of RQ comp since I dislike the wait times, and then onto OQ comp since I find it more fun.

Team Deathmatch.

Too bad itā€™s only every other day.

Usually just a game or two on DPS. If not I use mccree on the moving bots in the practice range (ā€œAJERAā€ for an advanced training range with damage boosts and Pharmercy/Tracer bots)

FFA deathmatch until I feel confident with my shots/kills.

1 Like

A few quickplay games and playing my main in DM before rounds (which is Moiraā€¦ so I get a couple nasty messages almost every DM after killing people. Itā€™s pretty consistent lol).

Sometimes I just donā€™t feel it though and stick to QP for the entire night as a ā€œdayā€ warm up.

when i queue for dps in rq iā€™d always do aim arena / the aim trainer on lijiang as widow and keep going with that between matches. if not those, iā€™ll do a kill to lvl up or a 1k damage next hero (all custom games). iā€™m sure we all know those queue times can be pretty long so it passes time by a lot

Play dps qp to warm up laptop and hand. Sometimes osu. During the q I play widow in deathmatch or practice flicks with widow in training area. Donā€™t even play widow in qp or comp tho.
If I know what Iā€™m gonna play then I just practice the combos and animation cancels.

At 800sr career peak personal best, I should win for free if my monitor is on. Or at least thatā€™s what the coaches told me.

So I just jump right in. Because I play 25 hrs/week, and whether or not Iā€™m warmed up or tired af, Iā€™m going to be playing in the bottom 1% of all players to ever not uninstall, ranked by raw talent, in-game ability, and competitive skill.

You mean you donā€™t have to simultaneously solo-solve 5-6 different win conditions, match after match, for +15 lousy sr, at around the 677sr mark? Yeeshā€¦I can only dream of a world where ā€˜I know what Iā€™m gonna playā€™. Maybe that works up around 900, where the gods reside.

1 Like

Look man, I was once at 700sr, PC. Does a counter pick really matter, if you donā€™t execute the counter ability and positioning? No.
I also play around 25 hours a week, playing regardless of my mental. I warm up in qp so the potato laptop warms up to load the models. 7fps in fight average, 15 between.
Win condition? Doesnā€™t matter if that win condition wonā€™t die on your pick. When thereā€™s a pharah, you go hitscan if you can aim. Play what you think for now. When thereā€™s a bastion, you go a counter and stay out of los. Just for your information, I am max 2400 so this is my observation.
A poor workman blames his tools, people that do are mere fools. EQO got top 10 with 30fps, Iā€™m here with 7. Itā€™s hard. Iā€™ve been there. But-
Look
If you had
One shot
Or one opportunity
To seize that SR you ever wanted
In one moment
Would you capture it
Or just let it slip?

Yo
His palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy
Thereā€™s a leaver on his team already, anaā€™s all bloody.
Theyā€™re trying, but on the surface they look trash and cruddy
To drop the beat, but he keeps on forgettinā€™
What he wrote down, that stun cancels beat drop
Theyā€™re pressing W, but the legs wonā€™t move up
Heā€™s frozenā€™, how, Meiā€™s ult got him dyinā€™ now
The clocks run out, times up, overtime blew
Snap back to reality, oh there goes SR
Oh, there goes hopes, he choked
Theyā€™re tilted, but he wonā€™t give up that easy? No
He wonā€™t have it, he knows his whole teamā€™s throwinā€™ the game
It donā€™t matter, heā€™s tryinā€™, he knows that, but heā€™s dead
SRā€™s is stagnant, he knows, when he goes back to this repeating queue, thatā€™s when itā€™s
Back to the map again, yo, this whole rhapsody
Better go capture the point and hope his team goes too.
You start to lose yourself in the long game, the moment
You own it, you better never leave the point
You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to push
This opportunity comes once in a lifetime.

Itā€™s the fundamentals that we start to miss down there. Hardly anyone thinks itā€™s even possible to be there, but we do be here. Itā€™s the mental of grit and teamwork, the ability to rise against the odds, where thereā€™s smurfs and throwers, playing at ten times the pace of a silver game. Itā€™s an absolute struggle, playing the game, against some auto-aim.
Stay on the objective, donā€™t stand still, ever. Stay with the tanks. Donā€™t think you can be a hero and 1v6.
It was so frustrating, typing in team chat, to regroup all 6 on temple of anubis, as they staggered and trickled as the timer ran down. I heard more comms in bronze than gold, but it was used to be toxic most of the time.
I ainā€™t here to lecture you, because the aim of the game isnā€™t to win, but have fun. Itā€™s a heck of a lot funner in higher ranks.
Go watch a silver game. Then a plat. Itā€™s hard to understand what to do if youā€™re watching the top players.
You have to want to improve, very badly.

I know what I feel like playing, because Iā€™m limited choices by my fps. If they have something that needs a counter, like ball or pharah, I will switch.
Good luck.

1 Like

Find proper coach, not players who troll you instead of coaching.

1 Like