How do you read overbuff stats and ranks?

I’m curious how you are supposed to read ranks for characters played

https://www.overbuff.com/players/pc/SoundSaint-1915?

is a higher quick rank better, or is a lower quick rank better?

higher is better, but i wouldn’t worry about thay as the end of overbuff is near

why private profiles? or something else?

Quick Score is the basic measurement on how you’re judged based off stats like damage, accuracy, deaths, etc, as well as time played.

Higher is better.

Quick RANK is decided by your Quick Score. It takes all the people who play the same hero and compares them.

For example, your Mercy Quick Score is 6122, which puts you at the 53rd percentile of people who play Mercy. Mine is at 12011, which puts me at the 97th percentile of people who play Mercy.

Keeping in mind that since “time played” is a significant factor on your Quick Score, having a higher percentile often doesn’t mean you’re better, it just means you play it a lot more.

yea, i mean if you just use it to see your stats and your profile is public, but soon quick rank will probably be changed because of all the people privating their profiles

as far as I’m concerned, the only people that should be hiding their profiles, are the people who don’t want people to see they have 80%-90% accuarcy with hitscan. and with private profiles it makes it harder to find cheaters unless they have obvious crappy cheats.

1 Like

I would also hide my profile if I was being pigeon-holed into a single hero or if I wanted to learn a new hero. I’ve also thought about hiding it on forums via a second account so I don’t have to deal with elitists.

1 Like

Unless something changed private profiles throws sites like overbuff off enough to basically render them irrelevant. Oh well.

Your quick rank/quick score is HEAVILY based on your SR that’s currently recorded on your Overbuff. Meaning, if you’re unranked, you’re screwed. Regardless of what your internal MMR is. The system is heavily flawed - Not that it matters anymore, with tons of private profiles and all. I’d recommend only using it to compare stats with those who are about the same rank as you.

Or possibly just folks who like everything set private no matter what.

Don’t need anything to hide to want it private. Just don’t have anything to share.

1 Like

Honestly, I have been testing it on my smurf, going Widow when the team blames me or Ana as a solo healer. The results sort of surprised me. Nobody was toxic because my profile was hidden. I thought that would be the case, but with so many people hiding their profiles, I guess it is hard to be toxic about it.

So I might hide my main just to hide my win-rate to avoid that in the future as I have had bad experiences both ways (high and low) and I have also been ascribed the role of hitscan to take out their Pharah when I really do not like countering Pharmercy on my own and getting the blame for when I am not consistently killing her.

Really. I didn’t know that. So if you stop playing comp. Your quick rank gets really screwed up?

Yup. It has happened to me a lot. When I stopped playing comp I was like “wow, am I that bad?” Then I started playing comp again and they skyrocketed back up again.

Thanks for explaining that.

So just a quick clarification about something I see people saying a lot; that private profiles are screwing up overbuff. I need to deal with statistics and numbers a lot for my job but the way it works is even if they only have 20,000 out of the reported 35 million active players (according to blizzard) that are not private the numbers and ranking should be pretty darn accurate. This is how they do surveys. They don’t survey everybody in the state or city they just need a large enough number to make it accurate. The more people the more accurate but they don’t need a ton in order to get a pretty dang good idea.

As far as how your SR affects everything else, I have no idea lol.

3 Likes