How do you like the Brigitte nerf?

Blizzard have strong favroritism for supports and tend to just wrist slap when it comes to support nerf and this Brigitte nerf is no different.

Good abilities start cd at 8 seconds.
Deflect, helix, hook, mine, hack etc. Hard to argue that bash isn’t on the same level of these abilities in terms of impact.

Per official stats, highest win rate of all supports meaning higher than even mercy and she isn’t exactly the model for balance.

Do you think 7s cd is enough?

3 Likes

Shield Bash isn’t her problem imo.

It’s how frequently she can get Inspire up.

All they need to do is have it only activate via primary fire hits and remove it from activating on Whip Shot hits.

2 Likes

I think reducing the speed of her weapon and how much she recovers HP upon each hit would help bring her down to (somewhat) balanced levels.

3 Likes

Shieldbash could be on 30s cooldown and people would most likely still be complaining, they just can’t handle the idea of a support being able to 1v1 duel and win against other squishies if they get in her lethal range

Blizz could change her melee swing to up and down instead of horizontal, that way you have to aim it more

4 Likes

Still need 1 more sec on her shield bash. 8 secs is ideal.

1 Like

1 second isn’t going to make a massive difference. 2 Seconds would be a proper nerf to her and reason enough to satisfy people crying about her.

It makes sense for a hero picked in most games to be close to a 50% winrate, mercy should never have a high winrate due to her insane pickrate. Im fine with the nerf, better than nothing, maybe it will actually feel like her stun has a cooldown now.

She’s not picked in most games.

3rd in diamond and up and 4th in plat and lower

She’s only picked vs dive

1 Like

To me all changes to her should be like this :

1. shield bash on a 8 sec cooldown.
  2. whipshot doesnt need any change.
  3. heal packs can go faster.
  4. shield health reduced to 400 or 500.
  5. her passive now heals teammates more but heals herself less.
  6. speed buff during ultimate removed.

Here completely balanced support.

2 Likes

I was talking about mercy. OP mentioned that brig has a higher winrate than mercy, I was explaining why that should be the case, a hero picked on both teams often should be close to a 50% winrate, hence mercy having a lower winrate while still being the stronger hero.

Pointless. Her shield bash, as annoying as it was, wasn’t her major issue. Its the fact she can survive through self healing and her mace shot does too much damage.

Adding another second to the cooldown of bash would be good.

I’d want to see all her cooldowns bumped up to 8s and see how it plays.

Could give genji more of an escape against her, every time she bashes, genji can SS.

The 7s cool down in too much. The buffs to hit scan is a significant nerf already on the way. With higher ranged damage on the way all barriers are going to get weaker.

Wrecking ball will be live soon too. Slower death ball strats will fall in favor of more mobile comps. Brigitte won’t be able to slow down dive with Wrecking ball in the game.

Adding an extra second doesn’t seem that big but with all these other stealth nerfs it will make her worse than Ana. The sad part is this nerf could work if Blizzard buffed her shield’s health but that didn’t happen so goodbye Brigitte and welcome back dive…

1 Like

Finally half of the roster can come back from the verge of uselessness.

She’s effectively received a 2s CD nerf since her release though. It just happened with two different 1s increases.

I like the nerf tbh, 7 seconds is enough to keep her as dive counter, most dps has pretty good range after patch goes live anyway

These changes overall feel massively targeted towards Snipers. Widow and Hanzo are both getting solid survivability nerfs with Leap and Hook’s CD increases, they’re getting their synergies in Mercy and Zarya nerfed, and Diving Snipers is going to be far more appealing with a Nano to back you up as Winston.

“More of an escape?” At that CD on all her abilities, you mean a “100% guaranteed escape every time.” No. You get enough free passes.

2 Likes

Lol “free passes” not exactly.

You ever wonder why deflect is on par with hook cooldown wise? It’s so Genji doesnt get his behind handed to him every hog engagement.

SS and Shield Bash being on par with each other will lead to a more fair battle.