How do you get out of Silver Rank as a Healer?

Fall in love with a pharah or AShe. Mercy needs a lot of game sense to get out by herself. Do you control super jump and far jumps ? DO you really know when to dmg boost and when to go healer, also your ult will win several fights in low level. ult mercy with pistol might be good.

Low bracket healers might think the winning condition is to heal 24/7 a dps tank.
As mercy you need to look for every fight going on and change the tide of it!!! that would be my best advice from a almost M mercy.

Support and Tank mains should probably avoid comp until they sort out a role queue and/or 2-2-2 lock.

The best composition just now is 3-5 DPS. Most Supports and Tanks I know are dropping like crazy just now.

TLDR - Learn McCree to climb this week until they bork another character.

1 Like

Practice Practice Practice. Eventually you will climb.

1 Like

How much is your gold medal on healing? What are your assist numbers like?

As mercy, really who else on your team is going to compete for gold heals? This is probably not a good benchmark for your performance.

I climbed from bronze to gold playing mostly mercy with some moira. I don’t think I would recommend maining mercy, simply because for whatever reason now main healer is a popular role and it isn’t uncommon to have an ana and/or moira instalock on your team. Doubling up on main heals isn’t great because you lose the defensive ult, but if red team doesn’t have anything that requires one then its ok.

If you want to play support I would recommend at least adding zen and/or lucio to your hero pool.

1 Like

If you want to get out of silver as a support I’d advise one tricking dps Moira. Otherwise it would be easier to just find a dps you can wreck with and one trick them. Ignore your teammates when they scream at you to swap.

1 Like

Losing 52 SR with one game less than 50% win rate means you’re losing more than you’re gaining per loss / win. That means the PBSR is telling you that your statistics (not sure which ones) are below the average of the rest of the people playing that hero in the tier. The normal SR gain / loss is 24. Anything higher on a loss means you’re below average statistically, and anything higher on a win means you’re above average statistically.

I highly recommend you use Basilisk’s Overwatch Performance Tracker spreadsheet to record the results of your matches, as well as reviewing the matches with the new replay feature to see what the other support heroes are doing differently than you, or to figure out where you were when you died.

Details are in here:

I’d suggest that some coaching/feedback can be more effective than possibly making the same mistakes over and over again without realising it.

1 Like

Lucio

never stop shooting, shoot at tanks for the most part

stay 5m behind your tank the majority of the time

keep the healing aura up most of the time

you’re responsible for shooting stationary things. bastion torb turrets sym turrets etc

you’ll get to gold

This is not what makes Lucio useful.

Citation needed.

1 Like

this person follows me around the forums and trolls me all day long.

so take what I say with a grain of salt

This guy is right, I was stuck in silver a long time trying to fill and appease my crappy team mates. Then I played only Ashe for a couple days, had plenty of people tell me to switch or I suck even when I was carrying. Had gold damage and elims almost every game. Made my way to 2200 SR. I know that’s nothing to most people but it was nice after being in silver so long. Now I got bored and started playing Mei.

3 Likes

this is what happened to me too. you gotta find how far you can get with DPS before anything else imho

2 Likes

Gold medals don’t matter, even a little bit. Play to win, not for medals. If you win with 0 medals on DPS, you did your job well enough to win.

You might just be better with hitscan DPS than other roles.

You can climb on any hero, just put in the time to improve yourself.

1 Like

Yeah but I was winning, as you can see from the rest of my post I climbed up to 2200 from about 1700 in a few days.

And I don’t really buy the whole medals don’t matter at all thing. At least they do a bit at lower ranks. If I had the most elims on my team then I had the most elims on my team. And if I had the most damage I was likely contributing more than a scratch for those elims.

And the proof that I was actually doing work was that I ranked up a considerable amount. Could probably hit plat with Ashe if I keep going.

1 Like

But they don’t matter. You can tickle the entire enemy team as D.Va or Moira while the rest of your team gets the actual kills and you get an elim credit. You can flank as Roadhog the entire game, healing yourself and feeding the enemy team ult charge, getting gold heals. You can play Tracer and get no medals, but because you spent the entire game getting half the enemy team to chase you, your team got easy team fights. You can get a gold damage medal on Reinhardt, but because you were charging in every fight your team got picked off and couldn’t do anything.

Medals don’t matter - focus on improving and you’ll climb, it’s 100% guaranteed. Don’t worry about what your teammates are doing (unless it’s to figure out how you can help them succeed).

1 Like

Heal more than the average healers in gold. Also get more utility value than them too.

Just that general improvement

The biggest thing that makes the difference is staying alive. Can’t heal/buff/otherwise support when we’re dead, so that is the single best thing you can do to help yourself.

1 Like

Dude I’ve heard all those arguments before, you keep ignoring the fact that I was carrying and climbing in combination with my medals. It’s not like I said “I’m dva with gold elims and I can’t rank up wtf” in that case I agree it wouldn’t matter. But if I have the gold medals, I can see that I’m getting all the kills, and I’m ranking up then the medals do mean something.

1 Like

Okay man, keep climbing!

1. Die less
  2. Save ult for important situations
  3. Prioritise your carry/most vulnerable target
  4. DPS when necessary
  5. ???
  6. Profit