How do you beat Moira as a Genji?

Moira does counter him, but he counters other supports even harder. If you can’t get in facehug range to right click Moira you should be far away from her, once things get chaotic genji has a good chance of killing her with right click spam up close.

Why. Are. You. Fighting. A. Moira. As. Genji?

You dont. Your job as a flanker is to kill enemy supports, but with addition of Baguette and Moira (two best sups atm) its impossible. So just switch and dont play genge, he is bad right now anyway.

i love countering genji as moria. the only chance you have is deflecting the purple orb back at her. if you cant do that then u should switch to a different flanker because you’re getting hard countered.

It’s kind of hard to do but I usually keep my distance until dash is off cool down then I jump around (to make it harder for her to lock on to you) and try and do enough burst damage to kill her before her life-steal can heal her enough. Sometimes I get lucky and deflect her orb but it’s not typical (That’s the best way to do it). It mostly relies on your different positions and what’s on cool down

Edit: Usually just try not to engage unless you know you have the kill or there’s no choice.

Uhh

This post makes my brain hurt.

Wait until she released her ball > Strike from the back (w/o using Shift)
Forced her to shift? You shift and win.
Moira with shift and orb? You don’t fight her 1V1

DRAGON BLADE!

20 characters… Man I hate that, some days more than others lol.

You should avoid her but if you do engage, do it at a distance

you don’t 1v1 her at her range (20m or so).

Use LMB and poke from a distance and run away with your superior mobility. Keep the high ground and only dash her when you have the kill for certain.

It’s a good idea to go into custom lobby and figure out exactly how much health it takes to dash kill each hero based on health, then burn that meter position into your mind.

Genji’s greatest strength is his cooldown reset, you need to maximize your ability to get it.

If Moira is trying to kill you she’s not healing her team. Even just making her run around and chasing you is WINNING the fight, no matter what. DPS’s role is to remove opponents from the fight so that the rest of the team can capitalize, and you’re doing that if she’s dead or chasing you, either way.

Reflecting a long cooldown orb is key too.

You counter winston as mercy by just shooting his massive hitbox. Or guardian angel out of their.

Use dragon blade at full hp. Deflect an orb, and activate ultra instinct. You can’t win 1 on 1 it’s an awful matchup.

She’s a counter so you generally don’t want to engage her alone, but it’s possible if you aim your shurikens well and/or deflect her orbs.

I can’t really think of anything too substantial. Maybe deflect her orbs back at her and wait until her fade is on cooldown?

Speaking from experience, you can’t. Thankfully, you can escape, or try one of the things above, but if you can’t, well, prepare to die. And if the Moira realizes that it is in her favor to not use the orb, you’re dead. Forgive me if I’m just bad, but Moira out 1v1s a lot of DPS, with little to no skill required to beat these DPS players who have invested much more time and effort to mastering their hero. And Moira is listed as a two star. HA! Her self-heal from her beam should be removed. That is one of the most infuriating parts of her kit, and what makes it seemingly impossible to 1v1 her as Genji. That needs to be removed.

you technically need to click where the head will be in the time the shuriken travels to her head so…

She totally counters genji. But I try to wait until I see her use her fade ability (if she isn’t paying attention to me) and then I make an attempt to kill her, some times the dinks are there… sometimes they are not… it’s situational

I definitely play more moira than genji but…

The genji’s that do best against my moira throw a left click at me, then go in for the swift strike and right click to literally burst me down before I can fade. You’re going to have to wait for her health to drop before you go in I guess, but taking pot shots on her a pretty much free of you’ve got range on her.

98% of the time tho

You press Dragonblade and kill her in two swings. If she fades away, you dash after her since she can’t use it by the time you slash her twice.

Otherwise, why are you trying to kill a Moira as Genji?

1 Like