How do I change my profile picture?

How do I change my profile picture on this forum? I know it’s supposed to be the one you use-ingame, but whenever I change it… I can’t get it to change from default.

I thought playing on console was a problem, so I downloaded Overwatch on my laptop through Battle.net and tried changing my picture in the PC version. I’ve also logged in and out but I can’t ever get it to change from default.

Any suggestions?

1 Like

Pray they find a new guy, or pay the one who is already there. Because they haven’t been to the office in months. And this used to be something that worked on every logout/login.

3 Likes

Why can’t they just make it, so you can change it on the forum like… Any other forum in the world? I guess it’s so you can only pick one you actually have unlocked but, come on… This is so dumb, I look like a noob.

Because the icons are an in-game thing. Which is tied to you account, which is another hoop to jump through I guess.

I think it’s funnier that they updated the forum for OW2 and that is what broke it. Somehow.

Some people say Log-out-in website, but it seems that the latest icons are not available in the forums. Blizzard a millions dollars company, and they can’t even do that…

Good luck, I posted the same thing in the support section. They told me that It should update on it’s own but if not you can log in and back out again. They also said that if you are using a new icon, this won’t work as it takes a long time apparently for new icons to show up in the forums.

No Matter How many times I have logged back in and out, and even switching my icon to an older one, it never changed. I am stuck with this Junker Queen logo for life.

2 Likes

Replying to confirm the above quotes… this seems to be an “unofficially known” issue (encountered, observed and reported by multiple players, but not acknowledged on the official “Known Issues” topic.) And, replying to consolidate links for reference… the symptoms have changed slightly over time, as noted in this topic:

But, as of this post, this issue unfortunately is still present and impacting players (myself included).

Tbh I think they’re going to axe these forums sooner or later.

They have more reason to end the HotS forums. So, we’re fine in OW land. (where the game still is being developed)

Personally, I’m fine with it because I want to keep Kittymari but I like to equip a banner and icon that match perfectly as a set, but aren’t necessarily my favorites. I also like to change it often in game but not here.

Forums have been broken since OW2 launched. They messed with in-game profiles and they’re no longer properly linked to the forums. They seem to chance whenever there’s some kind of update to the forum code, but Blizzard has stopped caring about the quality of their code years ago.