How do different health bars work?

What does armor do exactly?
What benefits does overhealth have?
Is shield health weaker or stronger then regular health?

Basically just all the detail you can give me.

30% DMG reduction

No ult charge from damaging it+extra health

Shields regenerate over time like the Support passive, so stronger.

2 Likes

That seems op as heck, so if I keep my tanks armor topped up it makes them easier to heal?

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiwrGfjWVZ4

1 Like

It’s really strong. It doesn’t make them easier to heal exactly, but they stay up longer. That’s why it’s a buff when a hero loses health and gains armor. They have more effective health. For example, Dva has 350 HP and 300 armor. If the armor didn’t exist but she had the same effective health, she’d have 778.57 HP instead of 650.

1 Like

There are four different kinds of health in the current state of Overwatch 2.

Base Health:
This is characterized by white health and is typically what makes up the majority of any given hero’s health.

Armor:
Armor is characterized by orange health and will reduce damage corresponding to the amount taken (typically 30% reduction).

Shields:
Shields are characterized by blue health and will regenerate overtime without the need of foreign healing or a passive ability.

Over health:
Over health is characterized by green health and is typically applied by certain abilities or ultimates to increase a hero’s health pool. Also, when damaged, a hero with over health will only award the attacker with half the normal amount of ultimate charge.

Hope this helped!

2 Likes

for the orange bar ONLY, it reduces incoming damage by 30%. the moment the armor health pool is depleted to normal health, the damage reduction is gone until the armour is healed back.

it makes enemies receive 50% less ultimate charge if they damage you

stronger, as after 2 or 3 seconds, it starts regenerating that shield back. so lets say a hero has 100 health and 100 shields, they get damaged to 100 health, but when their shields regenerate they return back to 200 HP total because they healed back that 100 shields.

a hero with 150 health and 50 shields though, lets say they get damaged to 100 health. they only regenerate back 50 shield health points because they only have 50 shield health on their health pool. they have to be healed to get topped off to 200 again.

3 Likes

Ah, I thought it just didn’t give ult charge. I stand corrected

Armor health negates 30% of damage taken. It does not act like Halo’s shield system, as in if you get hit for 100 damage and you have 1 armor, only that one armor point mitigates damage (So the 100 incoming damage gets reduced to 99.3). To put it simply, armor is effectively HP x1.3.

Overhealth is characterized by a rapid decay, it never hangs around for long. The only benefit it provides is a 50% reduction in ultimate charge gained by enemies that damage it, with the same principle of not ‘Spilling over’ as Armor Health applying.

Shield health is like regular health that regenerates. After 3 seconds of not taking damage, Shield Health regenerates at a rate of 30HP/s.

1 Like