How Competitive Skill Rating Works (Season 10)

Interesting website. Concurs with a lot of what I was thinking myself. My current deaths last qp session 2.6 per 10 minutes with moira. Very survivable. But not doing as much healing as I could be (Not supporting over extended team mates), and not getting 5 golds like all the really good Moira players do.

And spot on with Lucio. My accuracy is bad and I don’t kill enough. Can’t argue with that.

I don’t know. Try again for a day or two. If it doesn’t fix itself, you can try contacting the developer of c0derwatch (instructions at c0derwatch.com). Let him know that masteroverwatch is accessing your profile at https://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/global/Elitizt-1780

Both c0derwatch and masteroverwatch rely on the same data and (Blizzard supported) functionality, so if one works the other (in theory anyways) should also work.

If nothing else, it just confirms my “Truman Show” conspiracy theory that the world is out to get me and Blizzz is just in on it.

If you purchase the game again and your initial stats are better than your last account, you will inevitably have a better starting rank, based off the calculation of your initial SR score. Is it as easy to keep that SR? Will you be play against a better player? I don’t know, will it be a better community i don’t know.

Reasoning: They have to give you an initial SR rating and that number has to be generated from what little data they have on your first every games played in comp, if you have been playing for a long time but started off bad than you will find it alot harder to improve your SR, as you will always have that initial score.

I win 7/10 placements for season 10 but get an SR of less than 1257. My SR will always be the same because in season 5 i started off bad with only 20 hours of quickplay experience

1 Like

Your summary is incorrect, and is not how matchmaking works in its entirety.

You believe that the reason people think matchmaking works in a different way is because people have created posts talking about forced win and loss streaks. This is incorrect. People believe the matchmaker works differently because it’s clearly evident to anyone who has played a substantial amount of time.

You could flood the board every day with “the matchmaker works great” and other posts supporting the matchmaker, but it will never hold up because it’s not good, and there is definitely game rigging matches that occur. You’re fighting a battle you have already lost and could have never won to begin with.

Nobody says it is great. I think we can all agree there needs to be a party finder system in place, maybe a role queue but i understand that may be tougher, and grouping needs to not be punished by the system(not intentionally)

That said there is absolutely no “forced” losing streaks. people who claim it have a misunderstanding of the system and a lot fo the time are just looking for something to blame.

I’ve offered to go directly to Blizzard headquarters and prove to anyone there that forced loss (and win) streaks occur. I can recreate it whenever I want to and the offer still stands.

There are people who make excuses for why they can’t rank up, then there are people who have played many hours and seen distinct patterns in the matchmaker and simply point them out here on the forums.

Then prove it… all you are doing is providing ancedotal evidence at best. Saying something doesn’t make it a fact. Back up your statement

1 Like

This has already been proven before by another person:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20757577179?page=1

I tested the same process and it happened, literally exactly as it was explained. Like I said, I’ll go directly to Blizzard headquarters and prove it to anyone who disagrees. Of course this would never happen, why would Blizzard allow someone to prove that their matchmaker does this, and also consider that they of course already know it does this.

LMAO this has been thoroughly debunked… seriously the guy was throwing… I watched the streams. Funny how the GMs absolutely stomped after they stopped playing with this guys.

anyways good talking to you… good luck with the conspiracy theories, hope the tin foil hat doesn’t itch too much :wink:

1 Like

Wasn’t debunked by anyone at any time. Of course they started winning after he left, because they weren’t playing with someone who was on a forced loss streak, shouldn’t have to be explained.

Also, on the third match he had two gold medals which means he clearly wasn’t throwing and they still lost. Also, I have recreated this a few times myself. You asked for evidence, got it. Case closed.

lmao TROLOLOLOL…

"This is what really happened:

• Shoe and Squid played several games with several different players, and won all of them, with relative ease
  • Shoe and Squid Qed with xGenjix to see if he could “prove himself” and carry. He was asked repeatedly to carry. Squid was playing junkrat and rein and trying to play at a plat level to see if xGenjix could carry.
  • After they lost the first game, xGenjix announced he was trying to lose even though he claimed throughout he was going to carry
  • Squid and Shoe agreed to both try to carry the next game while he was throwing to see if he could prevent a win. The issue was in the next game, another player was also throwing Rein face first into the enemy team and then junkrat. 2 Throwers.
  • They agreed this also wasn’t a good test. On the 3rd game, xGenjix said he would try. They lost this game, but squid wasn’t on his main and xGenjix still appeared to not be trying or is just that poor a player. He claims to have 2 golds while squid was gold for elims on tank.

After Squid and Shoe removed him from the group after a long debate, they immediately won the next 2 games with ease. The enemy didn’t get the first point on the first, and Squid healed a full Eichenwalde without dying.

Long story short, in 2/3 games there were 2 throwers, not 1. The third game Squid was tanking and is a support main but it was more of a fair loss."

I have also confirmed this for myself.

so yeah keep embarrassing yourself troll

2 Likes

“It’s not. Stop being so paranoid.” – Jeff Kaplan Overwatch Forums

2 Likes

Why do you have to go to Blizz HQ? Do a live stream and accurately predict the forced loss streaks in a statistically significant manner. How long will the streak be and when it will start. You are allowed mistakes, but not many because we’re already able to predict a win/loss based on your average SR compared to your current SR.

You said you can do it whenever you want so I expect an announcement that you will be doing this very soon.

What we all expect to see, however, is that what you think are forced streaks are really just streaks that are completely indistinguishable from normal streaks of chance.

If you bother to actually:

My favorite part of that thread:

If you lose a game, and played well below what other people play in that tier, and continue to play this poorly (even if your team wins), then matchmaker believes that you are not qualified to be in that tier,

Fair enough, right? If you play like crap and lose then your SR should go down.

and will place you with other people it believes should not be in that tier which will cause you to lose until you are at a rank where it believes you are most suited. These are “rigged” games that you will most likely lose.

Or maybe you’re just playing poorly? AS STATED IN THE PREMISE? That would be the obvious thought for a reasonable human.

LOL these people are very frustrating. They describe the system exactly how it works a lot of the time. Then cry that it’s “forced win rate” or “Forced loss streak”. Most of it they just don’t understand that it’s simple statistics and a lot of it is because matches are designed to be 50/50, or as close as it can get with given player pool…

I’m arguing with someone else in another thread and they are literally plugging their ears calling FAKE NEWS.

Enjoy if you want:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/whats-your-total-win-rate/91273?u=thedrizzle-1753

Or, as seems to happen quite often, you get streaky game play and being hard stuck at a given rank occurs. Match maker is not friendly to high MMR players.

I’ve one-tricked Zen this season. Stat trackers consistently put me in the 90%+ percentile. So far I’ve had an almost solid 12-game loss streak. This was followed by a totally solid 9 game win streak, where I got back all my SR. This is my every season in Overwatch 1 - 10. If I play 200+ games, this cycle will play out 2 or 3 times in a season.

Matchmaker is broken. It makes use of inherently dishonest hidden match maker ratings, rendering SR a complete joke of a metric. A flat SR system, with no hidden metrics, would be far preferable to the nonsense matchmaking described in your OP.

1 Like

High MMR players are matched with other high MMR players. It isn’t “not friendly”. It is just trying to make matches fair. See the summary section in the original post for how MMR and matchmaking work to make fair matches.

I can’t look up your stats for some reason. Maybe you changed your battletag recently. If you link them (surround the link in `` to evade forum filter) I can comment.

Also, from the original post (matchmaking section).

(34) Overwatch Forums

It loads now, but only based on your 6 minutes of reaper. It looks like the problem is that Brigitte is not supported yet, and almost all of your play this season is on Brigitte. Don’t get too exited that it says that you belong in gold. Six minutes of reaper is not enough data to make a determination with any accuracy.